Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,535 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »
    Expect Charlotte to suddenly get a romance angle.

Reginald :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd love Andrade and Vega on AEW tbf, and probably half the WWE roster that are underutilized tbf (Ali, Ricochet, Gulak etc).

Andrade would have some excellent matches against likes of Fenix, Penta, Darby etc. He'd be a star there imo much like him in NXT. He'd be better off back in NXT like Balor than staying in Smackdown and Raw though if WWE won't release him.

Expect Charlotte to suddenly get a romance angle.

Probably won't put her through tables though week after week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well knowing Andrades talent and knowing how well theyve booked FTR, Mox, Pac.... you'll expect them to get the best out of him.

Hes a serious talent, criminally wasted.

I can't wrap my head around it seriously. You'd nearly have to try to mess it up to not get a positive impact from him. In every facet imaginable the dude is a star. How he's not at the top of their card right now going into Wrestlemania I don't know. Like Ricochet, this guy is an easy slamdunk/open goal.

I know he's not well liked here but Rovert says there's something big to the Keith Lee situation that will eventually get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Ricochet just can't cut a promo. He should be better off than he is in WWE, but he doesn't have all the tools needed to be the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seen this earlier, and it's not often I'd agree with him, but in regards to mismanaged talent.. WWE have really fumbled them.

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1370417044190064643

Ricochet just can't cut a promo. He should be better off than he is in WWE, but he doesn't have all the tools needed to be the guy.

Not doing the Ricochet debate again but if you can't find a way of making money with Ricochet then sorry, you're doing pro wrestling wrong. That one is easy as it gets.

True, but let's face it Lesnar can't cut a promo either. Neither can Strowman. The only difference is they have the look Vince wants. Ricochets in ring ability is far higher, but he's small so Vince doesn't like him. Put Ricochet in somewhere like AEW and they'll pair him with a good manager to talk for him and he looks a lot better.

Richochet and Andrade should be the current version of peak Rey and Eddie imo. They're both excellent.

titan18 wrote: »
    True, but let's face it Lesnar can't cut a promo either. Neither can Strowman. The only difference is they have the look Vince wants. Ricochets in ring ability is far higher, but he's small so Vince doesn't like him. Put Ricochet in somewhere like AEW and they'll pair him with a good manager to talk for him and he looks a lot better.

Richochet and Andrade should be the current version of peak Rey and Eddie imo. They're both excellent.

I think that's doing a disservice to Eddie and Rey. Just taking Eddie we're talking about possibly the most naturally charismatic and likeable star that's ever been in the business.

Rey has this natural way as well that's so hard to replicate and that's why they've failed to do it for the past decade.

Both had a distinct aura that Andrade and Ric just don't have.

• Advertisement

Hadn't thought before about that Ricochet/Mysterio comparison but ye that's a good shout.

One thing I'll say for Ricochet is that had they put a mask on him and let him use his presence to get over as the masked lucha he would of had a chance of getting over huge. Puma was great in LU.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

There's ways around Ricochet's mic limitations, see Heyman, Paul as an eg.

It's not even about the 'look' with the likes of Ricochet, at this point I'm convinced they actually hate workers who didn't come up the 'WWE way' and forged their careers in the indies.

I'd like to think it's a Vince obsession as Triple H seems to get it more, or at least did in terms of NXT.

Nothing will change in WWE with Vince at the helm, that much is clear unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Would he head back to Mexico I wonder.

I would prefer to see him back in NJPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,176 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lee had Covid. Maybe it's just complications with that.

But if it is a "scandal", I bet it's weight-related. First thing Vince did when he was called up was cover him up. He's a beast but he doesn't have that Drew physique that goes down so well with Vince. What's the odds he comes back slimmed down.

No way is it "only" the look for Brock.

Lesnar has the aura of a beast and there is a charm to him on occasion (Brock Party).

He's also great in the ring. People tend to only focus on Taker/Goldberg/Roman spectacle matches with him but he's had quality matches against Bryan, AJ and Finn too.

He's in a different stratosphere to Ricochet on every wrestling metric.

Yeah I mean look at that tour de force Brock put on in the rumble last year. The guy just gets professional wrestling while also having that wildcard about him. Brock is out on his own in a lot of ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Necro wrote: »
    There's ways around Ricochet's mic limitations, see Heyman, Paul as an eg.

It's not even about the 'look' with the likes of Ricochet, at this point I'm convinced they actually hate workers who didn't come up the 'WWE way' and forged their careers in the indies.

I'd like to think it's a Vince obsession as Triple H seems to get it more, or at least did in terms of NXT.

Nothing will change in WWE with Vince at the helm, that much is clear unfortunately.

While I agree in someway one has to look at indy guys like Rollins, Owens, Zayn, Joe, Cesaro, Styles , Punk, Bryan, Balor and even Ambrose have some fairly good levels of success in WWE, some world titles some mid card.

I would say they prefer homemade guys like Corbin, Strowman, Wyatt or Reigns all products of NXT system but sometimes they cast their own guys aside just as easily such as Gable and The Revival.

I'd like to think that with exodus of stars,in a few years some gems will be uncovered ala Foley, Austin , Nash, Hall and HHH leaving WCW and going onto great WWE success.

However has not really happened for guys so far, I'd wager EC3 was a guy that left that never got his fair shake and made the most out of it at impact pre AEW. So WWE never had a chance to regret letting folks go or not using them appropriately.

Hopefully that changes soon and guys who we think should of been stars actually will be, like Miro.

I think that's doing a disservice to Eddie and Rey. Just taking Eddie we're talking about possibly the most naturally charismatic and likeable star that's ever been in the business.

Rey has this natural way as well that's so hard to replicate and that's why they've failed to do it for the past decade.

Both had a distinct aura that Andrade and Ric just don't have.

Possibly, but I'm high on Ricochets and Andrade's talent.

What Ricochet can do in the ring is ridiculous. He could have got over as well doing that superhero getup he was doing (those were some great costumes). His in ring ability reminds me of Rey. He does things that just excite you, and whilst I'm not sure I buy him as a main event star completely (like other smaller guys like Bryan) he should be a constant in the mid-card like Rey was. He has that same pure baby-face thing that kids love, especially with what he does in the ring. Just let the man fly and pair him with a good manager who can help him.

Andrade then is an absolute star. His matches in NXT were top quality, he looks incredible and is a killer heel imo, particularly with Vega. Imo, hes someone you build around as a top guy, and if he was anywhere other than WWE, he'd be in the top tier of guys in the company. If he goes to AEW, he's straight in feuding at the top level there and similarly if he went to NJPW he's straight in to feuds with Naito (due to LI and LIJ).

Just jumping in to say "WWE mic work" is literally reciting the words they give you, in the cadence they teach you. It's nearly impossible to be great or awful at it. And mostly everyone sounds stupid anyway using that WWE vernacular which no human being on this Earth talks like unless you work for that company.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,649 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Eddie & Rey had bags of charisma to go with the skill levels, that charisma is something I don't see in Ricochet & Andrade who do have the skill levels.

• Advertisement

Eddie & Rey had bags of charisma to go with the skill levels, that charisma is something I don't see in Ricochet & Andrade who do have the skill levels.

Man, La Sombra isn't charismatic is quite the take.

No way is it "only" the look for Brock.

Lesnar has the aura of a beast and there is a charm to him on occasion (Brock Party).

He's also great in the ring. People tend to only focus on Taker/Goldberg/Roman spectacle matches with him but he's had quality matches against Bryan, AJ and Finn too.

He's in a different stratosphere to Ricochet on every wrestling metric.

Tbf, the aura of the beast that Brock has is down to his look. If he looked like Owens, he wouldn't have that aura imo. I did enjoy the money in the bank briefcase fun Brock though, or his reaction when he first meets Keith Lee in the rumble.

He's better in the ring that generally given credit for, particularly when you look back at his early matches but let's face it 90% of his matches in the last few years are finisher spam fests, so no idea if he still has that talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

How can they showcase any charisma, if a deluded old man and his army of writers won't give them the chance to?

Man, La Sombra isn't charismatic is quite the take.

I don't know La Sombra admittedly. All I can judge on is Andrade. The things Eddie could do in terms of connecting with the audience is something I just don't see in Andrade.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't know La Sombra admittedly. All I can judge on is Andrade. The things Eddie could do in terms of connecting with the audience is something I just don't see in Andrade.

I think the WWE of now is to blame for that. Like going back and watching Raw in the late nineties/early noughties and the crowd absolutely soaking up every single word.

Man I miss those times.

Fair enough, I know NJPW World have some of his big NJPW matches (including the hyped Nakamura match) and I think some CMLL matches too with Naito during his mini excursion. The CMLL stuff is a bit tougher, and less legal, to find.

But when it comes to charisma, the guy was put in the same league as Nakamura for years. He's a total star, great look (jaw droppingly handsome) and excellent bell to bell wrestler.

Fair enough, I know NJPW World have some of his big NJPW matches (including the hyped Nakamura match) and I think some CMLL matches too with Naito during his mini excursion. The CMLL stuff is a bit tougher, and less legal, to find.

But when it comes to charisma, the guy was put in the same league as Nakamura for years. He's a total star, great look (jaw droppingly handsome) and excellent bell to bell wrestler.

Ya, if he left, NJPW is probably a better fit for him ATM, but I'd imagine AEW would be trying very hard to get him and he can wrestle elsewhere anyway there. As a more natural heel, and I'd hope hed convince Vega to join him again, there's not many dream matchups against faces there. Him Vs Darby Allin would be excellent but the others are Omega, Fenix, Penta who are all heels too.

ROH could be possible too with Rush there and maybe he wouldn't want to go full time to NJPW when he's with Charlotte

Ya, if he left, NJPW is probably a better fit for him ATM, but I'd imagine AEW would be trying very hard to get him and he can wrestle elsewhere anyway there. As a more natural heel, and I'd hope hed convince Vega to join him again, there's not many dream matchups against faces there. Him Vs Darby Allin would be excellent but the others are Omega, Fenix, Penta who are all heels too.

ROH could be possible too with Rush there

I mean TK did recently let slip on WOR (I believe) that he's interested in Zelina, just wasn't sure if her contract 90 days were up. Said he was always impressed with her on the Largo Loop shows he'd attend as a fan.

Man with a crowd imagine the pop La Sombra and Zelina would get at an AEW show.

No way he's going back to Mexico full time. CMLL is a mess plus probably in no rush to go back there (the pun is entirely intended). Would love to see him work NJPW too, but I'd be shocked if he left America on a full time basis.

Again, who knows with these. Everyone worked themselves up imaging how great it would be to have Ricochet unretire, I won't get hyped about Sombra til he's out.

Ricochet couldn't draw maggots to a corpse.

The world has millions of gymnasts. You could pair him with a prime Bobby Heenan and he'd struggle to fill a secondary school assembly hall.

• Advertisement

Ricochet couldn't draw maggots to a corpse.

The world has millions of gymnasts. You could pair him with a prime Bobby Heenan and he'd struggle to fill a secondary school assembly hall.

If you know, you know.

Advertisement