Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Snoop Dogg said in an interview that the WWE got in touch with him after he appeared on AEW saying the were pausing the relationship they had with him.

He then say that lasted about two weeks till got in contact asking him to be involved in there new video game.

Be some craic if they include his AEW Splash from the top as his Finisher

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

WWE Fans average highest IQ among sports fans according to new study. The study was conducted across six different sports in the U.S.

WWE fans averaged an IQ of 112.6. This was the highest among the six fan bases. Ice Hockey was a close second with 112.3. Basketball and Football were 3rd and 4th with 110.7 and 105.9 respectively. Baseball was 5th with 101.3 while Motor Racing was bottom of the pile with 95.2

WWE: 112.6

Ice Hockey: 112.3

Basketball: 110.7

Football: 105.9

Baseball: 101.3

Motor Racing: 95.2

Interestingly, fans of Roman Reigns were found to be the most intellegent of the lot with an average IQ of 126.4. Former WWE Chanpion Daniel Bryan was second with 122.2. (Spelling mistakes were from the article so the author clearly isn't a fan of The Tribal Chief)

https://thesportsrush.com/wwe-news-wwe-fans-average-highest-iq-among-sports-fans-according-to-new-study/

"Why yes I watch Monday Night Raw, how could you tell?"

42126ea45be4ec63db21d94d8980103d.jpeg

"Simpler folk misunderstand the nuance of Braun Strowman going choo choo."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Why yes I watch Monday Night Raw, how could you tell?"

42126ea45be4ec63db21d94d8980103d.jpeg

"Simpler folk misunderstand the nuance of Braun Strowman going choo choo."

Smart marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,528 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Andrade first match will be against Del Rio at the end of July.

Everyone hoped Andrade would do well and then he books his first match against that scumbag.

And who the fcuk still hires that scumbag kidnapping rapist Del Rio.... Edit: it's his own company that he co owns with Chavo Guerrero Jr.

CMLL has officially ended it's partnership wit ROH, I wonder will they open the door to AEW now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I have to say we will probably never get a moment like this on RAW again.

I used to stay up to watch Raw and it was crazy to see social media and message boards blew up after Raw went off the air that night.

It even caused some lapsed fans to get back into the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The CMLL/ROH partnership was never that great I didn't think, it did give the world Kenny King competing in the International Gran Prix though which was something.

Interested to see what Rush does with his new promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

It even caused some lapsed fans to get back into the product.

I was one of them, hadn't watched much wrestling in years but even I heard the buzz of that angle and watched Money in the Bank. It wasn't until WrestleMania 28 and Lesnar's return the next night that I got back into watching it weekly but Punk was a huge part of me sticking around.

Drake Wuertz is fúcking cuckoo bananas...

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1387259525040943104

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    Drake Wuertz is fúcking cuckoo bananas...

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1387259525040943104

Drake appears to have had some sort of bad experience with a sexual predator of some kind. He appears very damaged by it.

But, to make leap that wearing a mask will increase a childs risk to being abused by a sexual predator is just crazy. The man needs professional help. He appears to be a victim of some form.

• Advertisement

Wrestling connections in boxing Logan Paul to fight Floyd Mayweather in June & Mike Tyson say he is to fight Lennox Lewis in September both announced in the last 24 hours.

So will WWE & AEW try and get some publicity out of the fights I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Andrade's first announced back will be against Alberto Del Rio in July :o
    Screen_Shot_2021_04_28_at_1.28.55_PM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 54,118 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Not sure what he's thinking with that match

"The hottest free agent around" and he's making his comeback against that gowl.

BT is trying to sell off it's sports business so WWE might have a new home soon.

BT is trying to sell off it's sports business so WWE might have a new home soon.

Linky?

Ah Coulson, did Nick Fury not tell you never to link articles behind paywalls:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Am sure BT sports will find a buyer.

But If wwe did have to find another home in the UK they would be better off going with a free to air channel. Which one tho huh? ITV would have been a good candidate if AEW were'nt around. Probably Channel 5 as they show a re-cap show, right?

It will end up up with whoever buys the full BT Sports portfolio would be my guess.

Maybe BT will break up the portfolio and sell it separately then who knows where the WWE contract will end up.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah Coulson, did Nick Fury not tell you never to link articles behind paywalls:D

It was free when I read it. It’s in the rags if you check them I’m not going to link the mail or the sun.

I feel that the BT deal was obviously worth a few quid, it ultimately did more harm than good. Going from Sky One (for recap shows) and Sky Sports (main shows) to BT harmed them as BT isnt as widely available as Sky Sports. Less eyes on the product.

I feel if they had a deal with an online streaming platform in Europe it could help get more eyes on their content, esp younger viewers. Most kids watch Netflix and Disney and if they could replicate a deal like they have with Hulu in the states (showing replays of Raws and Smackdown) it would benefit them hugely beyond the initial money they'd receive. Even if they got the Network on a streaming service like they do with Peacock, it could aid them in reaching a larger audience.

WWE have struggled getting new viewers and kids these days are discouraged for watching wrestling unlike the 80's and 90's. WWE cant hold on to adult viewers because their product is in the toilet, hence why AEW are doing so well so soon.

WWE may be profitable, but the declining ratings will eventually come home to roost in the years ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Accordingly Mickie James has been speaking out on her podcast called GAW (Grown Ass Women) about how WWE wanted to handle her retirement and ageism within WWE.

On retirement (bullet points):
    - They wanted her to retire.
    - To be an agent.
    - She says that while grateful for the offer of an agent, she sees agents do not get any praise, have to deal with so much crap etc - it's not something she wants (shes not wrong imo)

On ageism (Bullet points):
    - She is disappointed to be made "old" at 41 while other male wrestlers are on the product who are same age or older (valid points)

She pitched an all-female brand:
    - She offered to help lead that up and it would help give the women who are not given TV time (she did kind of suggest she would be the lead of this brand / open to interpretation )
    - One person, (nameless) said to her: 'they' are never go to do it, Women's wrestling doesn't make money, Women's evolution ppv was the worst rated ppv ever in wwe & dont fight it and play the cards you've been dealt.

Was Evolution not on the Network.... hard to say uts the worst rated PPV ever.

Sure Bobby Lashley of December to Dismember fame is now champ, so theres that too.

Dave reporting that WWE are in talks with MLW to get a working relationship similar to the one they had with Evolve.

That didn't work out to well for Evolve in the end well maybe it did for Gabe depending how much he got for selling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Dave reporting that WWE are in talks with MLW to get a working relationship similar to the one they had with Evolve.

That didn't work out to well for Evolve in the end well maybe it did for Gabe depending how much he got for selling up.

What happened with Evolve and WWE? I never followed them but from what I can remember, it was sold as a great opportunity for Evolve.

What happened with Evolve and WWE? I never followed them but from what I can remember, it was sold as a great opportunity for Evolve.

The WWE bought name and the tape library for the Network and cheery picked the talent it wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I hope MLW steer well clear of WWE, you just know that proposed working relationship will only end up benefiting one company.

As Coulson alluded to above, see Evolve & WWE...

Andrade & Rush join a new Mexican wrestling promotion which is trying to sign talent from AAA & CMLL offering crazy money. There is a mystery money person behind it.

Rey, Penta, Tay & Red from AEW also at it

E0QaLYgXsAYTeSm?format=jpg&name=medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭ThePott

Interesting thread on them and their press conference here
    https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1388254228934713346
    Also apparently their paypal email is "brutalsexmusic@gmail.com"
    Seems a bit slapped together and a bit of a mess so far.

Is this the new promotion that lead to CMLL and ROH severing ties as well?

Advertisement