Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,522 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I won't jump to conclusions anymore about why wrestlers aren't on TV anymore after Brodie.

Very very very vague oh a game changer isn't going to join AEW due to infighting.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TimesArrow wrote: »

Bray Wyatt requested time off for “mental health reasons”

He didn’t want to miss Mania but he made the request well before Mania. Apparently Vince wasn’t too pleased hence the silly finish to his Mania match.

He’s struggling coming to terms with Brodie’s death. Brodie let a handful of people know what he was going through prior to his passing and Bray was one of the people he reached out too.

Hopefully the break does him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Loughc wrote: »
    Bray Wyatt requested time off for “mental health reasons”

He didn’t want to miss Mania but he made the request well before Mania. Apparently Vince wasn’t too pleased hence the silly finish to his Mania match.

He’s struggling coming to terms with Brodie’s death. Brodie let a handful of people know what he was going through prior to his passing and Bray was one of the people he reached out too.

Hopefully the break does him well.
    Where's this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,789 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I won't jump to conclusions anymore about why wrestlers aren't on TV anymore after Brodie.

Very very very vague oh a game changer isn't going to join AEW due to infighting.

Interesting story about alleged infighting in AEW. QT Marshall gave an interview recently enough and revealed he’s the guy formatting dynamite, and he gave what is now a bit more of an interesting insight. According to him, the booking is done by text and even he doesn’t know who’s doing what even though he’s in contract with Tony khan. You’d swear it’s the third secret of Fatima they have. He also said on TV days it’s all done by zoom even though you’d assume they are in the one building which you’d think even in Covid times they’d be able to do in it person.

Where's this from?

Well I saw an Instagram post from bray(well it was his real name) which didn’t read all sunshine and rainbows and he’s mentions jon(presumably Harper).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

PWInsider is reporting that Jerome Young has sadly passed away earlier this afternoon following a heart attack in North Carolina.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and those affected.

RIP New Jack

New Jack has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

New Jack has passed away. Was just watching his Dark Side of the Ring the other night. He was a funny dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,752 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I mean, chap was a drug dealer who committed gbh or attempted murder several times, but the triple threat tag at living dangerously 98 was a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Never really knew whether New Jack was a work or if it was real with him. There are so many stories crazy stories about him, probably the most infamous was the Mass Transit Incident which wasn't completely his fault, but he was part of that all the same. Then there was the incident when he threw Vic Grimes off the scaffold and almost killed him. Despite that, he seems to have gotten a bunch of tributes from other wrestlers so he must have been respected.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

That's insane. Very young.
    I just re-watched the New Jack dark side last Wednesday on YouTube.

I had quite a few thoughts about the chap after watching and I feel like I would be a hypocrite if I didn't say them. Sure, he's dead, but a spade is a spade. He was a bollocks.

Don't get me wrong I quite enjoyed his youshoot and RF Shoot and of course his ECW matches. He was a funny guy in the shoots. But he's the same bloke who said he tried to kill Vic Grimes. Same guy who laughed at getting away with the Mass Transit incident. Yeah - it might have been him selling his gimmick. But isn't he the same guy who said he was a bounty hunter who killed a person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Which is sad to you? The whole subbing to Zelina's Onlyfans? Or the idea of it in general? Or possibly a combination of both?

Subbling to an OnlyFans like hers.

I don't like the idea of her doing it much either, but if shes making a far whack of money then sure , its supply and demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

New Jack has passed away. Was just watching his Dark Side of the Ring the other night. He was a funny dude.
    Strangely too I only just got around to watch his Dark Side episode on All 4 for the first time on Thursday night, best episode of the series he was a lunatic

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Where's this from?

The nitty gritty dirtsheet show. Vince Russo and Billi Bhatti

How can you not love Dave.

His response to this WWE Instagram post.

c8732019-9da08-16208777786188-800.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/COu8q1GBdv2/

I love Dave's troll game, he knows they'll always want to keep him sweet now he is Hollywood elite.

So I see that the nxt ref drake wuertz who’s someone who seems to be a fan of the MAGA crowd skipped an nxt taping to go to a Seminole county, Florida meeting about mask wearing and the audio is full on bat ****. It also seems someone watching nxt recently noticed that Tommaso Ciampa and Timothy thatcher refused to have their hand raised by him.

It's all happening today, apparently Meltzer tried to rehabilitate Bruce Mitchell's reputation by having him on his podcast. The response has been as expected.

It's all happening today, apparently Meltzer tried to rehabilitate Bruce Mitchell's reputation by having him on his podcast. The response has been as expected.

So not a positive response then ? I’m shocked.

Alvarez saying they removed it from the website and thanked everyone for their honest opinions on the matter. :)

Alvarez saying they removed it from the website and thanked everyone for their honest opinions on the matter. :)

“Honest opinions” haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,094 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Big own goal by Meltzer

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Headshot wrote: »
    Big own goal by Meltzer

****ing massive own goal, for starters - What the absolute hell was he (clearly he wasn't) thinking even running with this.

****ing massive own goal, for starters - What the absolute hell was he (clearly he wasn't) thinking even running with this.

I mean one of the few times that wrestling fans were united against someone in Bruce Mitchell, and Dave meltzer thinks it was a good move to give him a chance to talk after that horrible article he wrote and doubled down on when rightly called on it ? It’s hardly a secret I’m not the biggest fan of Dave meltzer, but I didn’t think he was this tone deaf.

Mitchell needs to go away.

He gives out claiming many didnt read his article correctky, which to he fair is true. However, so many people like me did read his article correctly and came to the conclusion we all did.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean one of the few times that wrestling fans were united against someone in Bruce Mitchell, and Dave meltzer thinks it was a good move to give him a chance to talk after that horrible article he wrote and doubled down on when rightly called on it ? It’s hardly a secret I’m not the biggest fan of Dave meltzer, but I didn’t think he was this tone deaf.

That article ought to have been left unpublished, or better yet not written in the first place. I mean the audacity to write something suggesting Jon Huber's passing was something else entirely. A line was most definitely crossed.

That article ought to have been left unpublished, or better yet not written in the first place. I mean the audacity to write something suggesting Jon Huber's passing was something else entirely. A line was most definitely crossed.

Not to mention so soon after his passing and without documentary evidence

Well I think he was going to publish regardless given his reaction after he was called out on it. I mean Wade Kelller didn’t come out of smelling of roses either because it’s his site and he let that article stay up for way longer than it needed to. The worst part was because of him doubling down Jon huber’s wife who no doubt had far more important things to do after her husband’s death, and she had to waste time responding to that eijit.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,027 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tyson Fury and his son were at WMBacklash, looking for Drew perhaps?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, The Miz suffered a torn ACL at WWE WrestleMania Backlash in his lumberjack match against Damian Priest. It was not confirmed if Miz suffered a full tear or a partial tear. It is also not confirmed how long Miz will be out of action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,094 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, The Miz suffered a torn ACL at WWE WrestleMania Backlash in his lumberjack match against Damian Priest. It was not confirmed if Miz suffered a full tear or a partial tear. It is also not confirmed how long Miz will be out of action.

Zombies caused it

Advertisement