Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The poster boy for the brilliant wrestler/wallpaper personality model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,091 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE fcuked up not putting the title on him after his Rollins feud, he was over with his swing imho

Cesaro deserved better

My dream match was with Roman Reigns. We talked about that many times.”

- Jeff Hardy

(via Jared Myers Youtube Channel)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

To me Cesaro could never truly break out as a singles star in WWE.

He was only ever good as a tag team wrestler during his run there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,780 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sunny arrested again this time for drunk driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Pentecost

And driving whilst suspended, driving without a licence, without insurance, not wearing a seatbelt etc etc etc. Back to jail for Tammy.

Barry Horowitz is coming out of retirement to take on Joey Janela in March

Corey and Carmella reality show hitting WWE YouTube

He is Johnny Bloodsport now

John Hennigan will compete at Bloodsport 8.

• Advertisement

PWinsider is reporting that Vince McMahon is listing Ricochet as the number 2 babyface on Smackdown right behind Drew McIntyre

(But what about Big E and Kofi, New Day, no more singles pushes for them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,197 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

WWE and A&E have signed a new deal which includes new Biography and Most Wanted Treasures episodes and a new series about WWE Rivalries.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I thought EC3’s Control Your narrative “promotion” was a joke but it appears not. And the more I learn about it, the darker and weirder it all is

https://whatculture.com/wwe/ec3s-control-your-narrative-project-keeps-getting-weirder

Buff Bagwell is moving in with DDP to try and sort his life out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Judy Bagwell, on a yoga mat!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Vince due to show up for an interview on the Pat McAfee show there at 19:15. Interested to see what kind of form he's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Vince has been incredible on the McAfee show.

The man is a living legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

That control your narrative promotion sounds like a bunch of absolute carnies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think the concept is solid but these aren't the guys to pull it off. If it was Bray Wyatt or Matt Hardy I could buy the idea of wrestlers being within their own separate realities.

It seems like what Lucha Underground were doing which I liked early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭ThePott

Interview was interesting.

No angle or anything, although Pat is confirmed to have a match at Mania, guessing it will be Theory.

As much as I think a lot of what Vince said doesn't really ring true, especially stuff about him listening to the fans and such. I do think it was nice to see him being a bit more candid and down to earth. He definitely seemed to enjoy himself and clearly is a fan of Pat, it humanised him a bit even if he's still a total weirdo.

That being said was hard to hear what Pat was saying with his lips pressed so firmly to Vince's ass.

EDIT - I will also say it put to rest any speculation that Vince was senile, he seemed very with it and quick witted at times.

Post edited by ThePott on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Vince interview sucked and it always was going to.

Nothing new found out, nothing memorable or groundbreaking.

It was an employee lobbing softball, pre-approved questions at his boss. It was cringe.

And all these tools like Satin and Dangoor falling over themselves to praise the interview like it was some kind of Martin Bashir piece is the worst.

You can find it intersting I suppose, but it was no incredible interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭ThePott

Oh yeah like I said it was interesting, if only because interviews with Vince especially nowadays are few and far between and it was interesting to see him in a less controlled environment than usual for an interview.

I definitely wouldn't say it was an incredible interview and like you said it was never going to be. As soon as they got Vince on the show and they plugged it on WWE programming it was never going to be anything but a fluff interview. I honestly think it was aimed more at people who are more casual fans or lapsed fans, I think most people that follow WWE closely or know any behind the scenes stuff won't benefit hugely from it. Found it a bit entertaining at times but no need to seek it out or anything, there's nothing especially enlightening about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I can see why some might find it fascinating to a degree but ultimatly you can easily afford to miss it from a wrestling fan perspective.

Its like Mr Burns being asked questions by the Simpson family during his run for governor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i would not be shocked if he came back to AEW and lead ROH

i haven’t missed him at all though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I disagree with that, I think as a wrestling fan it is important to read to get an actual idea of the reality of "the business" from a WWE standpoint.

McMahon: “Once I took the company public, it helped me be a better businessman. Because prior to that I was running the business with my head, but mostly with my heart as well. And these decisions are so damn tough when you do that. Because you know who it is, you know he has kids...or someone has cancer in the family, and all that computes in your head.

But once you’re a public company, now you go stockholders. It is the business then, so it helps me make easier and better business decisions. ‘Cause my heart, there’s still some of it in there, I know it sounds awful, but there is. But at the same time,

it’s business, and there’s nothing personal about it in terms of whether I like somebody or I don’t like someone or whatever.”

I really don't think the majority of fans that post on forums, Reddit or Twitter get this. Someone being talented or "deserving" of a push etc. doesn't matter a jot if they are not making the company enough money to provide a return on their investment.

It sucks but it's how it works and I have a feeling that if AEW want to become successful like WWE they will end up following this route too. Getting hundreds of millions of dollars from a casual disinterested audience will always trump getting millions from a passionate fan base. Selling out 101.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I called it a while back he wouldn't return to WWE, wouldn't think it's a money thing, more a creative control thing. He wouldn't have a say in WWE, and they'd prob have issue with non-WWE related 3rd party shows which ultimately he'd want to get doing unless he handed over the reigns to them.

Advertisement