Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If true, IF TRUE, then Tony K will be the big winner here. If he wants Cody back, which you'd imagine he would unless their relationship turned sour, he has massive leverage over Cody if WWE don't want him.

Im disappointed myself, wrestlers jumping ship is exciting and whether good or bad, I was looking forward to see what WWE would do with Cody.

A big missed opportunity for WWE in some ways in mu opinion, but they must believe they dont need Cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They don't need him. He'd make no difference to their bottom line. He'd be useful to have, but only on their terms

On one side, I think he's a ready made star, he would enhance their product and he gives them an inital ratings boost.

But I agree, does he change their bottom line? Probably not.

You'd imagine he'd be expensive, they already have TV and Peacock money and he wouldnt bring them in much more money.

From a product POV, its a no brainer. From a making money POV, probably not. And WWE do not care about hiw **** their product is.

I was hoping to see how they'd treat Cody and how the knock on effect if that would have on their ability to tempt other AEW talent away.

If I was Tony, Id be throwing a 10 year deal at MJF. Lock him down on the cheap now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah MJF is the guy I think WWE would take if they could. Other than the obvious ex-WWE heads of course. I thought they would re-sign Cody though, he could have a decent run in the main event there for a year or two imo. Though nobody is taking Roman or Brock's spot and maybe that's what he wanted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They'd sign him, yeah, but I don't think WWE would be mad on MJF, to be honest.

He's one of the best talkers around but a lot of his material isn't WWE friendly so he'd immediately be neutered.

He's also a shortarse so has a ceiling because of The Look™ requirements.

• Advertisement

I think he's good enough to adapt to the PG stuff if he wanted to. But I agree that Vince wouldn't see him as a top guy due to size alone. I think he'll stay in AEW for a long time anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Cody to run ROH?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,197 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep. Tony will come out on Rampage on April 1st and cut live to Supercard of Honor where things are being finalised only for Cody to come out and reveal he actually bought the company.

Wonder if he wanted Brandi to be hired as part of the deal.

Brandi and Cody may be a package deal. She fancies her self as a big wheel and I'd imagine she wants to be part of any deal Cody may be involved in. Question is, do WWE want her?

She appears to have rubbed some up the wrong way in AEW and seems to be fairly full of herself. Is she worth the trouble for WWE?

Cody was obviously valuable to Tony and AEW. But what ever Cody wanted to stay, whether it was money or booking power etc, Tony wasn't keen on matching it. AEW will miss Cody, but AEW are also in as good a place to copy with his departure.

Cody may have overplayed his hand a bit, but who knows. Im sure if he joins WWE he will get paid well. If he can't reach a deal with WWE, which I will be surprised if they cant, he may be in a tough spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,091 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

No truer words were ever spoken but then you get the whole "you're just copying NXT" schtick.

Regal is a good scout but I dunno about him running a company. Two different things and he has no experience running NXT. NXT was Hunters baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I meant Regal had the GM role in NXT. No one in their right mind should let Cody run a company either.

Meltzer update on Cody.

If Cody has an ounce of sense he'll tell Vince to stick it. The very fact that they would do that tells you all you need to know about how they'd treat him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,091 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think @beakerjoe could be right about Brandi, I'd think she rules that household and wanted in the WWE deal, she was trademarking her name

Vince being Vince....

'But he was humanized in the Pat interview'

Vince screwing over a Rhodes is one hell of a cycle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Or, Cody leveraged the money the likes of moxley/Danielson/punk were getting to get a better deal of WWE, and WWE were going to give it to him till AEW made it obvious he wasn't worth that much.

Why pay what your opposition won't?

They should have their own ideas of what he's worth before they make him an offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There's never been a successful business that paid everyone what they're worth, and if you're current employer doesn't think you're worth it, why would a prospective employer?

• Advertisement

I've a funny feeling Brock is losing the WWE Title tonight which tbh is no harm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No harm at all. Mania doesn’t need the unification match.

With Bobby out injured (unless that’s a work) who takes the strap?

That's true that employers generally will pay what they can get away with but usually they don't make you an offer then rip it up and offer you far less unless they don't want you in the first place.

Up until today and the stuff coming out about Cody supposedly not signing, I actually thought it might be him as bizarre as it would be to have him debut at a house show. I guess they could be trying to swerve the ITK guys? Doubtful though. Part of me would love Rollins. I'm probably way off anyways and it's gonna be Finn dropping his belt after less than a week😂

Stone Cold to come back for another title run.

Gimme Brock squashing new IC champ Ricochet in seconds.

Its what the usually do , right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,197 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Still find it strange it's not being aired. I'm sure it's being filmed and with the matches on it, it's like a PPV and the last one before Mania.

Going by those reports it's like they're doing the opposite of Tony Khan hype yet still getting people interested.

Ya know... if they really want to unify everything Finn VS Ricochet at Mania would be pretty effin cool...

• Advertisement

They don't wanna unify everything.

According to reports, plans are already in place for there to be 2 titles, one for each brand post Mania.

They unify and de-unify these titles way too much. I hate that there are two world titles but they have to have them for each brand.

Advertisement