Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The WWE makeup gun never did billie Kay any favours. I agree @hynesie08 shes a stunner in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,545 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im 2hrs 30 mins into Triplemania XXX and it's like retirement home residents put on masks and started wrestling each other lol

So far the PPV is bad but funny in the same time if that makes sense. The commentary is is English which helps but some of the ring action wouldn't be my cup of tea

Also that big screen is really distracting and annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Oh yes the screen was annoying. I kind of liked the old timers though and reading their history. Just as something different, wouldn't want to watch it all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rhea Ripley confirmed that she is currently dating former WWE star/current AEW star Buddy Matthews (Buddy Murphy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Fair play. Alexa Bliss now Rhea. Stud muffin lol.

Roderick Strong has requested his release. Accordingly multiple times as well it is reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jo187

Fair play to Roddy. He probably sees the writing in the wall and could be good time to jump with ROH restarting and his history with ROH.

Former employee of WWE explaining where the awful constant camera cuts came from.

From fightful -

While most fans are quick to blame WWE Executive Vice President, Television Production Kevin Dunn, former WWE Vice President of Global Television Production Mike Mansury explained that it was not Kevin Dunn who came up with the idea.

"I will choose to protect the nameless person, but I will say the rapid camera cutting, to my recollection, that came into play when The Shield debuted. The whole purpose behind it, was to make what you see on-screen with the three characters of The Shield and the push, was to make it seem all that more chaotic. At the time, it worked. I can see now, after so many years of doing it, a lot of viewers feel like they're on a queasy thrill ride, but that was the intent of it initially. A lot of it is done to protect the magic. You don't want to expose the business. A big part of the business is how it's done on TV. If you're exposing the magic, you're killing the fun for everybody. That's the approach and the rapid camera cut situation, it was born out of creating and exciting and chaotic feel for when the Shield were doing the three-on-one beatdowns early in their run. It's hard to break some habits, but shoutout to the gentleman who shares my initials who created that concept," Mansury said.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

"I'll protect the nameless person". "Their initials are M.M". 🤔

The latter half of his statement doesn't really justify it still being there... of course the camera has to 'protect the magic', but that doesn't require cutting between two or three angles 47 times in 5 seconds with cameras that move like Michael J Fox is operating them!

Interesting first half though... they basically adopted the Paul Greengrass style, for the same reasons, in a totally different medium. Not a bad idea in very specific circumstances, but done all the time its a disaster.

• Advertisement

MM? Who would that be. I immediately thought Michael Hayes given his role but of course MH don't fit.

Apart from the style used to hide contact, I think the wwe TV in-ring style is lighter than before because of this. Totally understand as you want talent to go longer without injuries but it doesn't look as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,545 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's not surprising at this point and at this point I don't think any big promotion will touch her

Tessa Blanchard signed with WOW Wrestling last October when they got a syndication TV deal with ViacomCBS. It was her landing spot after being fired by Impact Wrestling in 2020. 

Fightful Select has learned of allegations of issues surrounding Blanchard and WOW, which came after she deactivated her social media

It was said there has been a bit of a fallout between the two sides and her status for this week’s tapings is unknown. Many people in the promotion seem to think that both have more power within wrestling than they actually do.

There was an incident last month where Blanchard cut a promo on wrestler Samantha Sage, who is known as Americana and she tore her apart with her words, leading to many speaking up. The classes were canceled from that point until further notice and the belief is Blanchard would be less involved moving forward, although that is not confirmed. 

Another source stated Blanchard is no longer in charge of training talent, and Selina Majors has been brought back to handle that moving forward.

One former star speculated that Blanchard is gone from the company, but that’s not confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭ThePott

At this stage, I have to almost admire her consistency for burning every single bridge she comes across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,191 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't even realise that WOW started airing.

Ember Moon

"I am not about to wear a fishnet booty butt cheek shorts because we had a two hour meeting about how to dress like Mandy Rose.’ That’s not fair. Not everyone is going to be Mandy. Mandy is absolutely phenomenal and she’s an amazing person. But not everyone is Mandy Rose. I started seeing this downslope as soon as Hunter was gone, and like for the first little bit, we didn’t know why he was gone. We just knew he wasn’t there, you know? I got so angry. And I remember sitting there and I was like I did nothing wrong. I didn’t piss off Vince.”

To expand on Ember Moon. She says she, and other female talent, were told to attend a meeting about image / style / whatever. She says it basically a you should be dressing sexy meeting without anyone saying it. Under the guise of something else type thing. Yet everyone knew what the meeting was really about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Laurinaitis no doubt salivating at the back of the room.

Unlikely to be a coincidence that they've reverted to hiring women more for their looks than any great wrestling ability since he came back. Even the ones with a wrestling background that are being promoted like Cora Jade and Roxanne are good looking girls.

Wrestling really does go around in circles. Sure the latest from wwe is that they are only going to be hiring under 30s from now on. Like it was back in the late 2000s.

It's a merry go round. However, they have yet to go back to attitude type adult era. The one thing that would be interesting.

• Advertisement

But isn't the main roster still staying as it is with none of the sexiness/edginess added to NXT lately?

Though Wendy Choo goes the complete opposite direction with being even more covered up. 🤔

From the few clips of NXT I see on Reddit, nobody seems outrageous. Toxic Attraction are doing the tired "We're hot" stuff and that's it really. Nikkita Lyons, good God, but she's fairly covered up too.

There's nothing wrong with hiring good looking people anyway. Wrestling is a looks business too. Just don't be dictating "More cleavage." etc.

It's not outrageous by any means and I'm not particularly bothered one way or another. I enjoy looking at pretty people as much as the next guy. It's just more noticeable now.

Some rumours going around that there's a lot of tension between AEW and Yukes over the video game.

Apparently Omega is very hands-on and it's creating some heated disagreements. Same source is saying that they've gone well over budget and while Yukes is happy to enter into a long-term deal with AEW, AEW are hesitant after this.

I don't know if there's any truth to any of this but I did think the very minor reveals they've given so far might indicate a troubled production. I certainly think so far what's been shown is underwhelming, which is a shame as I'd love a different style of wrestling game as competition for WWE. Hopefully this is all blown out of proportion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,778 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

WWE announces record first quarter 2022 results.

They'd better start making those budget cuts now then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,778 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Andrew Zarian reporting releases are coming.

Whatever about tension but I'd believe that Omega is very hands-on by looking at the footage. He is big into fighting games like Street Fighter and the AEW game looks like it's going for the same kinda hit confirm thing that's in Street Fighter and a lot of other fighting games where there is a split second delay on the confirmation of a hit. Like at 55 seconds when Statlander is punching...

Either they're going for that and they're ironing it out or the animation is just awful.

I just don't think it looks appealing. I know they're going for the Arcade-y No Mercy look but it just looks pretty ugly overall. They look better than the first character models they showed at least. The fact it's been this long and the big reveal was something so minor is definitely worrying.

I hadn't even especially noticed the hit detection was looking more the animation but yeah it looks very rough on a rewatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Sounds like Big E will probably need fusion surgery.

Advertisement