Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Put it another way though - let's just say he was not at all famous. Say no-one knew him. He was just a regular guy, for whom it was suddenly discovered he had a history of inappropriate sexual behaviour, particularly when in any sort of position of power. Wouldn't you expect an employer where this was discovered by his co-workers to maybe take action? I would imagine women working with a person like that (even if not famous), after learning more about them, would feel immediately unsafe in their working environment. An employer's first responsibility is to provide all their employees with a workplace they can feel safe in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I get what you are saying. But when is it enough? So let's say he gets another job and it comes out about the me too wrestling thing and Disney firing him, so he gets fired from the next job.

When is something enough? Should he lose every job until he can't get one no more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I suppose that's just life though isn't it? I don't think that's new... people's indiscretions and behaviours have always followed them, whether famous or not (in fact, particularly if they weren't famous). I don't know the answer to your question, but I guess there's jobs out there where it's less impactful, where he's only working with men, or by himself. Employers main concern will be leaving themselves open to liability from other employees, so his best bet is probably to find jobs where that's less of a risk for a few years at least, till he can build back up some personal credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think people are also overlooking the fact that it was a job at Disney.

They have a family friendly image and this job will bring him into contact with children. Whether charged or not they do not want someone with his history working at their parks. That would be the case regardless of whether he's known or not. Fame is a double edged sword, Joey Ryan had some degree of notoriety which served him well as a performer and now it's coming back to bite him in a 'regular' job.

He's entitled to make a living and get a job but the reality of the situation is that his past indiscretions are going to limit the opportunities available to him. A company that has a public image to maintain and that works with the general public won't have an interest in hiring him cause it's not worth the backlash. I'm not sure Disney would have wanted the dick flip guy even if there hadn't been accusations.

He'll probably get a job with a lower profile and rarely be heard from again. Jimmy Havoc is working for DPD and no one seems to give a toss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,778 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wrestling big shots invaded the UFC last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Nope. Tony and JR were at UFC 273, not last nights show. Nick Khan was next to Pat also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Apparently Liv had Ronda's backing on beating her, roll up clean pin, hence the end embrace, and now Liv Vs. Ronda for Summerslam is talked about with a heel turn for Ronda

Becky also keen on Liv getting a push and the title

Liv is liked by all

Not sure if this is the most positive update from Big E. Seems he won't know where he stands till at least March of next year. At that point we may know for sure whether his in ring career is over or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He's lucky he's not paralysed. Anything after that is a bonus really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pack it in, Big E. Done everything, won everything, made loads of money. I'm sure it's his passion but why risk it? He could easily be a game show host or something. Better yet, go into comedy. I can't watch this without laughing...

• Advertisement

Is waiting for 8 months to find out if you can wrestle again a bit of lunacy? Says right there how severe the injury is. He should just retire. No finding out later. He might be able to do an edge in years to come. But as for now it should be over.

MLW has signed a TV deal this side of the world on a channel I have never heard of before

(LONDON, UK) – Major League Wrestling (“MLW”) and Ayozat TV have today announced a broadcast partnership, bringing the league to UK airwaves Wednesdays at 9pm on SKY channel 191, with classic MLW content airing Fridays at 9pm. 

The partnership will allow fans to watch new episodes of MLW’s flagship weekly series FUSION each week, as well as classic content from the league’s library, which dates back to 2002. 

With such a prestigious roster of talent, UK fans can expect to see the likes of World Heavyweight Champion Alex Hammerstone, Killer Kross, Jacob Fatu, Real 1, Scarlett Bordeaux, Davey Richards, Mads Krugger, Taya Valkyrie and other exciting fighters from around the world. 

MLW FUSION will premiere Wednesday July 6 featuring a fight card from Philadelphia with a trios bout as well as the debut of Jacob Fatu’s Samoan SWAT Team. 

“We are really pleased to be the UK TV partner for Major League Wrestling and look forward to showcasing the weekly show to UK wrestling fans,” said Ayozat chairman Umesh Perera.

“Our fans have made it clear how much they wanted MLW to come to the UK and now it is official with a great partner in Ayozat,” said MLW CEO Court Bauer. “We are delighted to work alongside them and show a wider fanbase how exciting and engaging MLW is.”

Saraya is the latest wrestler to do The Players' Tribune.

She is offiaclly a free agent tomorrow.

WSJ reporting Vince has paid out 12 million dollars to four women over the last 16 years including 7.5 million to a former wrestler who alleged that McMahon coerced her into giving him oral sex and then demoted her and ultimately declined to renew her contract after she resisted further sexual encounters.

Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The only surprising thing is it took this long for him to get MeToo'ed.

If he was booking himself to kiss Divas and be in sexual storylines with them on-screen, you can only imagine what he was at behind the scenes.

Is anyone actually surprised by any of that so i guess vince will open smackdown tonight then now together forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,922 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Which female wrestlers left WWE in 2005?

Jackie Gayda

Molly Holly

Dawn Marie

Christy Hemme

Dawn Marie the only one never to come back at any stage.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

According to the Twitterbox some of the women involved are easily identified so there's obviously more info forthcoming.

And yeah, none of this is surprising to me aside from how long it's taken for it to surface!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Classy as ever from Vince, maybe he'll use this to appear on Smackdown again to boost the ratings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There were 3 or 4 diva search girls who lasted about a year, young models looking for a break, could be any one (or 2 or 3) of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I mean anyone who’s watched wrestling for awhile and heard the stories around vince can’t be any way surprised by this news. And Johnny ace also royally fucked and I’m all for it.

I for one am shocked that the white billionaire republican who grew up in a trailer park before running away to basically join the circus isn't an upstanding human being......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Vince paid more for a few BJs than he did WCW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vince has to go now and as a publicly traded company he cannot be in charge of any aspect of it.

Now the real question is what will he do with his controlling shares.

I can see him selling out completely to one of the media empires and not leaving it Steph/HHH or Shane.

Not surprised a former wrestler has said something. We all knew. Vince was a powerful rich man and he was around beautiful women talent.

I still reckon he had a go at Sable back in the day as accordingly to Cornette Vince was dazzled by her.

Wasn't she banging Cena behind her fiance's back and he ended up getting sacked? Bastion of morality.

• Advertisement

Some of you should be ashamed of yourself throwing out women's names their who may not have anything to do with Vince's pay offs or cannot speak out publicly about it due to their NDA's.

Attack Vince all you want and keep your voyeurism on him but naming random women who worked in the WWE over the years is just pathetic.

Advertisement