Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Logan Paul is perfect for pro wrestling. He just gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

I can’t copy a Twitter post, but there’s a video on there shot from the crowd and you can clearly see glass hitting people in the front row from the Darby spot

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Sure they will be grand as poster above said many are considering taking action. They will be quids in then when they take action.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see a lot of reports today that the WWE lowballed Okada & Ospreay on money thinking the WWE & Wrestlemania was a big enough draw for them to take less money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't think that's too surprising (if true). WWE don't need to write blank checks, especially for free agents. Especially when they haven't been in WWE before and can be a bit of an unproven commodity (in the WWE style of doing things I mean).

That's not a knock on Okada or Ospreay, they're some of the best talents in the world. People go to WWE for exposure just as much as cash though. Someone like Ospreay is amazing but there's nothing to say he doesn't become another Ricochet in WWE. In WWE, he might not be a top player cause of how stacked the upper card is right now. In AEW, he probably has a much better chance of rising to the top.

WWE pay in exposure and star power and pay well, AEW may pay better in cash and possibly in showcasing your talent but you're also going to forever be seen as being in a smaller pond (not speaking ill, that's just the way it is). There's positives to both. The longer AEW goes on the more people we'll see head to WWE and vice versa, it's the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

As mentioned, alot of talk about Triple H undervaluing Osprey but I think the truth is Triple H probably didn't know who he was besides hearing his name.

Triple H is a busy man. Highly doubt he's sticking on NJPW world in his spare time lol. Probably just got a highlight reel.

Shayna Bayzler will be part of this year's Bloodsport. It would also appear that there's more WWE stars expected to be announced for GCW events. That is pretty class! If nothing else signals that we're in a new post-Vince era. Could ever have imagined this a year or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's class indeed and a nice boost to the indies. My own companies last show went over really well and we've had some AEW folks reach out to work with us so shaping up for a wild summer of surprises. Can't wait!

So this is WWE entering the Forbidden Door through a sidedoor that is GCW's Josh Barnett presents Bloodsport X.

The main event for Bloodsport is Josh Barnett vs. Johnny Bloodsport (AEW contracted wrestler.)

No mention yet who Shayna Baszler will fight it would be great if it was her friend and former Bloodsport competitor Marina Shafir to make it a true Forbidden Door match.

Mox has been on 4 of the last 5 Bloodsports cards I wonder will he show up this year.

I did wonder now that Riddle is not contracted to WWE would he show and challenge Barnett for the Bloodsport name since he presented the first Bloodsport before he joined the WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,689 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm sure he's not watching week to week, but there's no way Triple H didn't see the two Omega Ospreay matches for instance.

I wonder if Ospreay is a bit too wild and visceral for the WWE product right now though, and would need to be toned down a little bit, in which case does he lose a lot of what makes him valuable? Okada on the other hand would've fit in with WWE as is I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's an interesting question alright. How aware can Triple H be. But that's why he has people under him recommending talent. As what was being reported.

Only my opinion, but how can Triple H keep his finger on the pulse outside WWE? He is busy with his role within WWE. I am willing to bet his daily schedule is mental filled with meetings, creative directions and the weekly running of the tv.

Again, only my opinion, but there's no way Triple H is watching so called "5 star" matches reported by Dave Meltzer in his spare time. There's talent scouts and road agents who have his ear to suggest talent and recommend their worth.

As you say I'm sure he has other people for keeping his finger on the pulse.

But if he’s considering making a significant investment on a new talent, you'd have to figure he’s taking 20 minutes to watch their involvement in one of the most talked about matches of the year. Would be pretty negligent of him to not do even that little bit of due diligence on a potential business deal.

i see the reported stuff about Trips undervaluing him has been walked back since anyway with new reports saying that, in negotiations, details around WWE scheduling and where he’d have to live played a big part of Ospreay’s decision to go with AEW instead.

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

The WWE makes over a biilion a year in revenue and pays it it's entire roster about 10% of that revenue so it is well used to lowballing talent and with TKO now owning it now and who lowball UFC talent there as well I doubt anything is going to change in fact it may actually get worse for most of the WWE roster.

WWE also can and do fire contacted talent on a whim to increase profits.

Talent now have options to say yeah Wrestlemaina is great however so is actually getting paid more money somewhere else and having decent job security in their contract.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

10% of a billion is 100 million. Not exactly spare change you'd find down the back of a couch😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

Why talk about company revenue vs worker pay? Company profit vs worker pay is a more relevant stat I would imagine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WWE makes profit while AEW is loss making. I think it’s a case of being business savvy than lowballing.

WWE have shareholders to appease as well. So spending would be stricter as well.

Interesting piece on Becky, most interesting is that she's going to be at the White House along with Varadkar on Paddy's Day 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Manhandle Slam the cùnt, Varadkar, through the Oval Office table.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Advertisement

Parker Boudreaux on excursion to AAA and showed up there last night.

Fair play to the lad he isn't giving up and going to AAA will be a great learning process for him,

Being a big bully boy American heel in Mexico is always a great gimmick there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky and Biden

Becky and some other prick.

I'm choosing to believe her less warm smile in that pic means she thinks he's a gowl too.

Varadkar and Becky seem equally ashamed/embarrassed to be with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder who Biden thought Becky was, Maureen O' Hara maybe 😁 god rest her soul but he did mix All Blacks with Black and Tans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I love the Beckster. Fair play to her for getting an invite to that gig. I doubt Varadkar had a notion who she was mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Guy behind Biden wasn't impressed. Looks like secret service going by the ear piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Cotts72

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Staring straight down the lens too - looks like he's ready to unload on the cameraman if the shutter so much as clicks too loudly in Biden's direction.

• Advertisement

Dusty's grandsons debut next Sunday.

The Texas Outlaws.

Advertisement