Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    yeah I'm sure he wants to honour his dad but someone close to him needs to explain to him why Owen hart has a better chance of being inducted into the hall of fame than Benoit has.

Why though? Like what harm does this do anyone except making some people uncomfortable because they’re in denial about all things Benoit and pretend it didn’t happen? Let the kid mourn his dad however he wants, if this gives him peace so what.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leggo wrote: »
    Why though? Like what harm does this do anyone except making some people uncomfortable because they’re in denial about all things Benoit and pretend it didn’t happen? Let the kid mourn his dad however he wants, if this gives him peace so what.

I’m in no way saying this guy shouldn’t mourn his dad. I honestly can’t fathom what his life has been like since 2007. He can do what ever gives his head peace but that IMO won’t include an induction to the WWE HOF. Leggo you and I both know why Benoit will never be in.

No I do know that he won’t. But campaigning for it gives this lad some purpose. He wants to respect and restore his Dad’s legacy and I can totally understand how. Even though they know better to say it, I think the likes of Chavo and Jericho feel the same: that Benoit as a whole was a good, family man who had the brain of an 80yo Alzheimer’s patient, but CTE caused him to go mental and do something horrific. It’s unthinkable to you and I to ever celebrate him, but if you were someone who loved him it’s a fair position to see it as awful that his entire legacy is deleted because a severe illness caused him to do something insane.

It’s not a crazy position to have, it’s one that’s been scientifically proven and accepted, but the whole situation is so messed up it’s still impossible for a company of WWE’s size to ever celebrate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

The only HOF Benoit will ever be in is the WON HOF and even then there was a recall election although there weren't enough votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could they quickly induct him and just say his name quickly at the ceremony no interviews/video package etc. He won't be mentioned at the mania segment either

On wrestling ability hes deff deserving of an induction but obv u can see why he would be blacklisted. What Chyna done is very major leagues compared tbh

What's everyone's opinion on Paul Heymens assigned of it during the Inside the ropes ???

https://youtu.be/x5uajZo3-r8

• Advertisement

The only way it ever COULD happen is if CTE became a widely enough understood and accepted mainstream issue that people could accept it. That’s not absolutely beyond the realms of possibility: if we heard of someone with, say, Alzheimer’s or Autism doing something violent, we’d be sympathetic and understand it’s a reflection of their illness and not their character. In that case, give him the whole bells and whistles his in-ring career deserves. But you can’t half do it, because if you need to tiptoe around it to begin with then the public aren’t there, so it’d either be all or nothing. That’s more decades than years away, though, not only to mention the fact that Nancy’s remaining family would have to sit through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Even in the scenario you depict, I just don't see them doing it, nor should they.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Monokne wrote: »
    Even in the scenario you depict, I just don't see them doing it, nor should they.

Neither do I. I think their Jimmy Snuka tribute is far as they'll get to lionising a murderer.

I don’t either like, but that’s what it would realistically take and sneaking him in the backdoor is a no-go.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

I mean technically is he not in as part of the horsemen? If Flair is a two time hall of famer then.....

• Advertisement

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    I mean technically is he not in as part of the horsemen? If Flair is a two time hall of famer then.....

No, they only inducted Arn, Tully, JJ, Ric and Windham.

Aye, but Daniel believing there's a chance is due to them. He's a traumatised young lad who they've always given time to for PR reasons without actually trying to help him.

So Benoits son has been backstage at WWE ? I genuinely didn't know that. That gives new context to some of the point about wwe. Okay well that changes it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I watched some of the interview and it seems to me with my limited knowledge of David it appears that he is on the autism spectrum and he will never fully understand what his father did.

I watched some of the interview and it seems to me with my limited knowledge of David it appears that he is on the autism spectrum and he will never fully understand what his father did.

Well full disclosure I haven’t seen the full interview but have seen the quotes and I wouldn’t say he’s on the autism spectrum from the quotes, but just that he’s unable to seperate his dad the person and his dad the wrestler.

And I’ll speak for myself here. I’ve watched some of Chris benoit matches on the network but always multi person matches and very few one on one matches because I just don’t feel comfortable watching them. I don’t know how others on this forum feel about Chris Benoit matches on the network but to me it’s not fully okay because as good as a wrestler he was the wrestler and the person to me are one and the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well full disclosure I haven’t seen the full interview but have seen the quotes and I wouldn’t say he’s on the autism spectrum from the quotes, but just that he’s unable to seperate his dad the person and his dad the wrestler.

I, not to be smart arsed here, but I don't think you can or can't tell if someone's on the autism spectrum just from reading interview quotes. That's a hell of an assumption to make.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I, not to be smart arsed here, but I don't think you can or can't tell if someone's on the autism spectrum just from reading interview quotes. That's a hell of an assumption to make.

I wasn’t making an assumption lithium that’s you saying that. You are the one making assumptions not me. I may have been careless in my words but I didn’t unlike you make an assumption.. I said from the quotes I’ve read I didn’t think he was on the autistic spectrum.

Sylvain Grenier is returning to WWE in an agent role. Of all the people to pick I'd never have guessed him.

Sylvain Grenier is returning to WWE in an agent role. Of all the people to pick I'd never have guessed him.

Fairly simple story to parse, this.

He was one of the key people in the class action lawsuit against WWE for concussions. As he started his career and had the majority of it in WWE, is still relatively young, has (allegedly) shown signs of head trauma, and was under contract recently enough that his claim could not be dismissed by statute of limitations like the vast majority of people in the lawsuit, he was important to whatever marginal case Konstantinos still thought he had. Now he's suddenly working with them. Remarkable coincidence :D

Ah no, it may just be they were looking for a poor worker with relatively few years experience under their belt. Show the talent what not to do, maybe? :confused:

My only clear memories of him were as the ref at no way out and wrestle mania 19 and then the rock verbally wiping him and Rene depree on raw. I'm sure there is more that he did but off the top of my head that's what I remember.

Vice's Darkside of the Ring season two will feature Marta Hart talking about Owen dying and it is also expected to deal with Beniot.

• Advertisement

Those Viceland pieces are good but obviously they are vert restricted timewise in terms of the detail they can get into, for example their bare bones Montreal piece.

The Lapsed Fan did a typically long show on Owen a few years ago with all the detail you could ever need and more.

Another Irish wrestler signs with WWE Valkyrie Cain Aoife Cusack

https://twitter.com/FFPWIreland/status/1219250714305875971

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oh oh. Someone's going to get in trouble. They wanted Taya Valkyrie.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

another tv deal really are raking it in tv wise

https://twitter.com/AlexM_talkSPORT/status/1219563855015219201?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

WWE on Free to Air. Who would have thought.
    Then again, go back 20 years and say that WCW and ECW will be gone and eventually sold to WWE within the next 15 or so months.

Question is what does the future hold? who knows. Maybe it another 20 years time it won't be WWE but some other promotion on top.

Channel 5 have also got Total Diva's and Miz & Mrs which will air on My5 streaming.

Channel 5 have also got Total Diva's and Miz & Mrs which will air on My5 streaming.

Have to use some sort of VPN to get my5 streaming right? Geoblocked I heard.

Have to use some sort of VPN to get my5 streaming right? Geoblocked I heard.

Now idea however I can think of a lot better things to use a VPN for than Total Divas and Miz & Mrs though.

Now idea however I can think of a lot better things to use a VPN for than Total Divas and Miz & Mrs though.

But I need my fix of utter shi*e :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/report-von-erich-family-movie-in-development

Could be decent and great story. Not much news about the Hogan and the Vince movies

Advertisement