Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/report-von-erich-family-movie-in-development

Could be decent and great story. Not much news about the Hogan and the Vince movies

It may be decent but however much they try it's not a great story. It's an awful tragic story unfortunately. What hogan movie ? I know there was a script for a Vince movie a couple of years ago that was awful but don't know if that's the one you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

There’s going to be an epic Vince movie written one day and it’ll do huge business and win every award. He’s one of the true enigmas of this era, not just in wrestling but in society as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It may be decent but however much they try it's not a great story. It's an awful tragic story unfortunately. What hogan movie ? I know there was a script for a Vince movie a couple of years ago that was awful but don't know if that's the one you mean.

Theres a planned netflix movie about Hogan and is been directed by Todd Phillips

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9817210/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

There's a story going around that both Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson acted inappropriately at Rocky Johnson's funeral. Although I couldn't say for certain how accurate this is. But it look like there a few sources saying it, one of which is Superstar Billy Graham.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/reports-of-bizarre-behavior-from-vince-mcmahon-and-pat-patterson-at-rocky-johnsons-funeral/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

the disputes with McMahon sectionon Billy Graham's wiki is 4/5 paragraphs long aka the guy has issues with him. He's also 76 and the report is coming via his mother in law (to the woman he married in 1978 - so even if she was only 18 then, the wife would be at least 60 now so he mom isn't exactly a spring chicken).

Got a feeling this is a mountain out of a molehill type story. Very old woman is offended by rude McMahon and 81 year old Patterson used the words “Godda*m” and “sh*t” during his speech (heard a lot worse at funerals in speeches that were well received myself) so her son in law with a grudge rushes to his mate's (Devon Nicholson aka Hannibal) youtube channel to report it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

yea i wouldnt be putting any truth into anything billy graham says

he has said jericho is the devil

and we all know hes a Judas

When I saw Billy graham was the source I stopped reading. You might as well as have Donald Trump be a source. Billy graham hates Vince and has gone back and forth on loving and hating WWE depending on what he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

In a business proliferated with carney bullsh*tters, none is more full of sh*t than Billy Graham.

The manner with which he flip flops depending on where he can get money is astonishing & brazen.

If someone with an ounce of credibility says this, maybe buy it. I personally have a hard time believing Patterson, who was close with Rocky and is close with Dwayne, went up there and buried him at his funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Guess it should come out soon enough if Graham was telling porkies.

Guess it should come out soon enough if Graham was telling porkies.

More a case of if nothing else comes out you can assume he is. The picture he paints, and the amount of notable people there as well as referenced, means that we’d definitely have heard multiple reports of this almost as soon as it happened. People probably don’t want to acknowledge the chap because he’s a known lunatic and they’d prefer not to get dragged into his mess. It’s like when the bull****ter of the group claims mad stuff happened on a particular night that nobody else there happened to see...you can kinda read between the lines and see the truth of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Someone will be along shortly to dismiss Davey jr as a disgruntled ex employee.

Whatever about Pat going senile. What's going on with Vince is what I'd be curious about given the amount of influence he has over the product.

Someone will be along shortly to dismiss Davey jr as a disgruntled ex employee.

Whatever about Pat going senile. What's going on with Vince is what I'd be curious about given the amount of influence he has over the product.

ah now, there is a big difference when it is a person with long standing multiple issues with Vince & co reporting what his elderly mother in law said. People being skeptical of him is perfectly understandable, hell any good journalist would wait for another source before even running the story.

Looks like we are getting that (although it's still coming through Devon Nicholson & his hannibal tv). That said for me this is still a non story, two auld lads got drunk at a funeral and talked shoite.

Hope it wasn't actually that bad for Rocky and the family however

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Davey's is a bit different as it sounds more like odd behaviour were billys is more like they were insulting rocky

sky88 wrote: »
    Davey's is a bit different as it sounds more like odd behaviour were billys is more like they were insulting rocky

yeah re-reading that and this bit stood out
    Nicholson said he spoke to Johnson’s best friend, Al Rosen. According to Nicholson, Rosen says nobody from the family was offended by Vince’s behavior.

Happy to hear that.

yeah re-reading that and this bit stood out

Happy to hear that.

Moral of the story is don't believe superstar billy graham on things relating to Vince McMahon Jr and most things really. I mean yes he had an amazing look in the 1970s and could cut a promo like nobodies business but when the bell rang it's was New York territory wrestling by the numbers. The match between him and Harley race in Florida in 1977/78 really showed how limited he was. I think Harley race had an invisible back support because he carried billy graham for nearly an hour in the rain.

Billy graham makes billy jake Haynes look sane and rational FFS.

Harry's version sounds much more plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Yeah by saying the best thing the man ever did was marrying his wife and having his kids sounds like a somewhat nice thing to say when you think about it.

He was complimenting his family?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Spoke to someone earlier today who mentioned that An Evening with The Undertaker in Dublin will be announced soon, any idea if this would be a WWE or indie event? Sounds pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Was taker not suppose to do one of these "an audience" with shows last year and got it pulled at the last minute because WWE decided it wasn't a good idea.
    I know his done a few photo op's at a few conventions. Hopefully, it is a Q&A show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

think he did do one in scotland but not 100% sure

Sirsok wrote: »
    Yeah by saying the best thing the man ever did was marrying his wife and having his kids sounds like a somewhat nice thing to say when you think about it.

Can only speak for myself but the best thing I ever did was marry my wife and have my kids and I would take that as a complement if someone said it to me.

montyrebel wrote: »
    think he did do one in scotland but not 100% sure

WWE pulled him. He was allowed sign but not speak. So he came and did a signing then Mick Foley spoke. As random as that sounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He's been talking out of character a lot more now, so may go ahead this time.
    Wasn't there a time when he insisted on staying in character in public?
    But now he's done things like the Steve Austin show.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    He's been talking out of character a lot more now, so may go ahead this time.
    Wasn't there a time when he insisted on staying in character in public?
    But now he's done things like the Steve Austin show.

The problem isn't him speaking out of character, it's that WWE doesn't really want people monetising their character. He was pulled from Starrcast for the same reason.

I can't see a Dublin show happening. Would be surprised if McIntosh tried to do business with him again after being burnt the last time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I do like this inside the ropes events and have been to a few the last few years. HBK, Goldberg, Edge and Bret Hart. Its amazing seem them up close

I'd love ones with Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Triple H (no doubt that might never happen esp with his duties nowadays)and Sting but I imagine these guys ask for a nice price tag and some like Austin are not interested in doing these type of events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

I would love to see a drunk Vince and Pat.

Sirsok wrote: »

Yeah, this. He said he was a great wrestler but his point is his family are amazing and a credit to him. It just sounds like an awkwardly worded compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah, this. He said he was a great wrestler but his point is his family are amazing and a credit to him. It just sounds like an awkwardly worded compliment.

That's exactly how I took it - as in he has done such amazing things in his life but his family are his greatest legacy and shows the mans character.

But if you hold a grudge I can see how it could be twisted to dismissing his accomplishments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Imagine if Patterson and Vince really did say/do those things :pac:
    Like theres Patterson standing over the casket and saying "you piece of **** rocky but i have the last laugh" (or whatever) right in front of The Rock and his family :pac:
    Vince doing his "power walking" to the podium like he's collecting an award or something :pac:

It literally would be stripped from out of a wrestling show. lol.

Advertisement