Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I can't believe the Superstar was lying:

'Rocky Johnson’s best friend Al Rosen has now cleared up any speculation in an interview with Hannibal.

“Vince was short, but he was direct. He said probably what Rocky would have wanted someone to say about him. He was a talented, gifted worker and the best thing that he ever did — which he admitted to me hundreds of times — was marrying Ata and having a baby named Dwayne. He often spoke of his other two kids. He would say, ‘I want to be remembered as a father, as a husband, and as friend and a worker.”

“Did Pat use ‘church language?’ Like if you and I were talking and I said ‘goddamnit,’ you wouldn’t think anything of it. He’s saying ‘Rocky did this goddamnit’ and ‘Yeah we did that, sh*t,’ but you know the preacher and the assistant preacher — People saying that he got pulled off the stage. No, that’s how stories get started. They turned the mic off. The guy sitting behind them turned the mic off and Pat said another sentence and walked off. No MFs or anything he was never disrespected. He said G-Damn.”'

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Monokne wrote: »
    I can't believe the Superstar was lying:

'Rocky Johnson’s best friend Al Rosen has now cleared up any speculation in an interview with Hannibal.

“Vince was short, but he was direct. He said probably what Rocky would have wanted someone to say about him. He was a talented, gifted worker and the best thing that he ever did — which he admitted to me hundreds of times — was marrying Ata and having a baby named Dwayne. He often spoke of his other two kids. He would say, ‘I want to be remembered as a father, as a husband, and as friend and a worker.”

“Did Pat use ‘church language?’ Like if you and I were talking and I said ‘goddamnit,’ you wouldn’t think anything of it. He’s saying ‘Rocky did this goddamnit’ and ‘Yeah we did that, sh*t,’ but you know the preacher and the assistant preacher — People saying that he got pulled off the stage. No, that’s how stories get started. They turned the mic off. The guy sitting behind them turned the mic off and Pat said another sentence and walked off. No MFs or anything he was never disrespected. He said G-Damn.”'

I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I can.

I can't believe it's not butter.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I can.

I was, in fact, being facetious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I can't believe it's not butter.

I don’t know what a tracker mortgage is.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Io may be injured...

https://twitter.com/shirai_io/status/1221181403498450946?s=19

From this spot (so says Reddit)...

https://streamable.com/sxcnw

Damn shame. She's great to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Marty Scurll showed up at last night's NJPW US show and challenged Jay White to a match at ROH Supercard of Honor. Thought it might be Aldis/Scurll but that should be a cracker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Andrade has been suspended for a Wellness Violation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Lord TSC wrote: »

wonder will title be dropped to Carillo now or back to Rey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Roids? Wonder was the queen tested

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/Cs9n57MWgAA5vKh.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Carlito for the US Belt.

LameBothGossamerwingedbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Interesting reports emerging of a Brock/ Riddle incident backstage at RR

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1222167877341433864?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Whatever about the supposed incident and alleged backstage heat, was a weird one to me having Riddle in the match for less than a minute only to be cannon fodder for Corbin. Don't see how that helps him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Whatever about the supposed incident and alleged backstage heat, was a weird one to me having Riddle in the match for less than a minute only to be cannon fodder for Corbin. Don't see how that helps him at all.

All about THAT HEAT isn't it.

Not sold on the Lesnar-Riddle thing. Riddle is a known favourite of Heyman and Paul is tight with Brock. I think Paul is trying to rub Riddle up against Brock & Goldberg with the long term in mind.

I can't buy that Brock would be aware of someone **** talking about him on twitter, or if he was aware, that he would give a fu<k.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A month without Zelina? Say it ain't so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Rayn Satin breaking the news on Brock and Riddle has work all over it since he is paid by the WWE sorry paid by FOX.

Riddle is the kind of guy that would annoy plenty of guys I doubt Brock would have anytime for him at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I like Riddle.

It is very early in his career though so I think he is miles away from a high profile bout with anyone. Look at how long it took Drew to get to the point where he is going to get a title match.

I do wish he would wear some wrestling boots or shoes though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hated Riddle when he first arrived but now I really like the guy and him having zero respect for legends is a large reason why.

More wrestlers need that bravado. I've lost count of all the "I grew up watching X, such a hero of mine!" Ricochet type of geeks. Riddle on the other hand, doesn't give a fúck.

https://twitter.com/SuperKingofBros/status/1158374974501113861?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1158374974501113861&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Foembedly.com%2Fembed.php%3Furl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Ftwitter.com%252FSuperKingofBros%252Fstatus%252F1158374974501113861

Old tweet of him shítting on Goldberg, Jericho, Lance Storm, Booker. Guy has balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Won't be Cien him for a while then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

J. Marston wrote: »
    I hated
    More wrestlers need that bravado. I've lost count of all the "I grew up watching X, such a hero of mine!" Ricochet type of geeks. Riddle on the other hand, doesn't give a fúck.

Like how Truth grew up watching his hero, John Cena?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

CastorTroy wrote: »

That was clearly a lie as you can't see him!

DM_7 wrote: »
    I like Riddle.

It is very early in his career though so I think he is miles away from a high profile bout with anyone.
    Look at how long it took Drew to get to the point where he is going to get a title match.

I do wish he would wear some wrestling boots or shoes though.

Disagree strongly here. This is very much a WWE ingrained thing. The idea that you have to have someone as a mid level star for a long period before pushing them is a fallacy. In fact, it is much more effective just to bring someone in with a huge push from the very beginning, if - as is the case with Riddle - they have the talent. That way you are not trying to wash the midcard stink off them. Put it this way, would Brock himself have benefited by spending 18 months in the middle of the card rather than winning the title 4 months after his debut in 2002? Goldberg, Kurt Angle, Warrior, Bray Wyatt, Kane, Undertaker, The Shield...go through any of the guys who got super pushes right out of the gate and ask yourself would they have been bigger stars had they been pushed like Andrade or Gable or Zayn for a year or two first.

Well said

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

CastorTroy wrote: »

I love R Truth

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Won't be Cien him for a while then :pac:

Haha I see what you did there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Monokne wrote: »
    Disagree strongly here. This is very much a WWE ingrained thing. The idea that you have to have someone as a mid level star for a long period before pushing them is a fallacy. In fact, it is much more effective just to bring someone in with a huge push from the very beginning, if - as is the case with Riddle - they have the talent. That way you are not trying to wash the midcard stink off them. Put it this way, would Brock himself have benefited by spending 18 months in the middle of the card rather than winning the title 4 months after his debut in 2002? Goldberg, Kurt Angle, Warrior, Bray Wyatt, Kane, Undertaker, The Shield...go through any of the guys who got super pushes right out of the gate and ask yourself would they have been bigger stars had they been pushed like Andrade or Gable or Zayn for a year or two first.

Thanks for the lesson!

I think Riddle is a distance away from getting into a feud with someone like Brock. I haven't followed WWE closely lately so I could be wrong but I think in the word of WWE he is someone they will test before putting him in a high profile position.

That doesn't mean I think it has to be that way for all wrestlers.

By the way your list includes Husky Harris, Isaac Yankem and Mean Mark Callous which points to one of the ways they can get the stink off people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love R Truth

R-Trurt always puts a smile on my face when he is on screen and I can't say that about any other wrestling entertainer.

Advertisement