Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Ah Rovert.

What a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

bot43 wrote: »
    Ah Rovert.

What a guy.

Personally I think he is the very definition of a mark. Highly opinionated and know it all. But start talking about the inner workings of a match such as things like take a ****can, powder or international he'd be scratching his head then claim to know such things.

I hate guys like that. Talk like they are such experts but have never actually done anything pertaining to said sport / industry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I believe I was involved in Rovert being invited back after an initial ban and subsequently being banned again after numerous warnings during my time as a mod here and would usually ask people to avoid talking about posters who are not hear to respond / defend themselves... but I suppose this is slightly different as he is being quoted as a source and a supposedly very reliable one here and therefore is in some form part of the news being discussed.

I will say this for the guy, he is very knowledgeable with regards PW and although you get the impression he is just regurgitating others stories instead of having the inside track / sources of his own or anything i'd have been happy for him to have stayed as part of our community if he wasn't constantly breaking the boards-wide don't be a d!ck rule, but alas he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

I think it is fair now to discuss that Rovert Twitter account in the same way wrestling sources. Meltzer, Cornette etc get pillared for their reporting/random thoughts. So that Rovert twitter account can now be pillared as well as it is now being used as a trusted wrestling source by a media company and should be open to criticism, blacklass, scorn & ridicule like Meltzer, Cornette etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

He claims to have some very good friends in AEW - but constantly sh!ts on the product and is delighted at the mere mention of it not doing well.

He also claims he put in a good word with someone in WWE for Tim Thatcher and that's why he got called up!

He ALSO claimed that AEW was going to lose in the ratings the week that NXT did the clip show (AEW blitzed that week as you would imagine)

so yeah....I am leaning on the side of full of absolute ****!

Also....
    He admitted here before that he has never been to a live wrestling event ever and has never been outside Ireland.

Seriously?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I asked him once how many NXT shows he has been at because he was talking like he was at all the NXT houses doing the Florida circuit.

I actually think it was on the observer site that he said he had never been outside of Ireland to a show now that a few years ago before he was banned from there as well.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Agent Coulson View Post
    Out of curiosity how many of these shows have you been to yourself?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I know a lot of people who have attended and wrestled on them. Was shocked to hear about the chants at Full Sail. The only town so far that there wasn't chants at Itami was Orlando.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92579206&postcount=973

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Who exactly is this guy?
    What's he done wrong?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ThePott wrote: »
    Who exactly is this guy?
    What's he done wrong?

He was a regular poster here for years. Very knowledgeable, and very opinionated. Often posted genuine breaking news, but unfortunately never put the same effort into getting on well with others. Eventually got himself banned from Boards because of some nasty exchanges on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

He was a regular poster here for years. Very knowledgeable, and very opinionated. Often posted genuine breaking news, but unfortunately never put the same effort into getting on well with others. Eventually got himself banned from Boards because of some nasty exchanges on Twitter.

Very fair synopsis.

I never saw him on here but he was banned from The Observer board, which takes some doing, and he blocked me on Twitter because I said I thought he was harsh on Mauro Ranallo :confused:

But he does break legit news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

I do follow his twitter heard some rumours about him but who knows what's true or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That could be a big thing for them if she has half the talking ability of Rock.

DM_7 wrote: »
    That could be a big thing for them if she has half the talking ability of Rock.

Curious to see if she picks it up. Couldn't be more bred into her really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

If she has an ounce of his charisma she’ll be great

4th generation as well can’t think of any in wwe

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Cody follows Rovert’s Twitter account I notice

Officer999 wrote: »
    Cody follows Rovert’s Twitter account I notice

Hmm. Gonna check who else follows him now!

Monokne wrote: »
    Hmm. Gonna check who else follows him now!

Lots of wrestling media types:
    John Pollock, Wai Ting, Conrad Thompson, The Lapsed Fan, Ryan Satin, Mookieghana (AEW's numbers guy), Jeremy Lambert (Fightful), Mo Chatra (Powerslam), Alex McCarthy (Talksport) etc. I got bored looking then but you get the point.

Oh and the Hurricane which amused me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

If you want the real "inside scoop" on Big Trev, pop his name into r/SquaredCircle over on reddit and search.

A genuinely nasty piece of work, and this place is so much better now he's gone.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    If you want the real "inside scoop" on Big Trev, pop his name into r/SquaredCircle over on reddit and search.

A genuinely nasty piece of work, and this place is so much better now he's gone.

He can be both a nasty piece of work and a viable source of information.

You could say similar about Meltzer, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Haven found myself on the other side of “debates” with him, it makes me even happier that I don’t pay attention to wrestling Twitter. I prefer getting my scoops from verified sources with real connections, not a sad, angry man behind a keyboard

• Advertisement

Haven found myself on the other side of “debates” with him, it makes me even happier that I don’t pay attention to wrestling Twitter. I prefer getting my scoops from verified sources with real connections, not a sad, angry man behind a keyboard

Wow, coming in hot at the Observer here. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

More of a Drayme guy myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Wow, coming in hot at the Observer here. :eek:

I’ll defend Uncle Dave until my dying day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

rovert is the classic throw as much ****e against the wall and see what sticks then claim he was right on everything. rovert tweets on average 125 tweets a day that is a tweet every 10 minutes for nearly a decade so he is bound to get somethings right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

He can be both a nasty piece of work and a viable source of information.

You could say similar about Meltzer, to be honest.

I have said negative things about Meltzer before :p
    But credit where credit is due the man has earned a living through pro wrestling doing what he does.

Having a Twitter account is nothing tho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I was an active poster (and viewer) when Rovert was on this board. This place sucked when he was here as every thread just descended into arguments with him.

Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I was an active poster (and viewer) when Rovert was on this board. This place sucked when he was here as every thread just descended into arguments with him.

Good riddance.

The place lost a few quality posters (some gone for good) due to Trev. I feel myself we have a good community here, and the experience is a whole lot more pleasant since he's gone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Good riddance.

There was a similar poster on another thread a few weeks ago.. very similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There was a similar poster on another thread a few weeks ago.. very similar

Are you implying that I have two accounts?

Advertisement