Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Are you implying that I have two accounts?

I believe he’s implying that the former poster who had been discussed hear as an o so reliable source had a 2nd one.

If so you should report (via the report function not just saying it on thread) such. For the record I recall something similar to this being said recently actually and I did look into it but no connection at least that I could establish with my mod tools at the time could be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

AEW Rumoured to be doing shows in London and Manchester,

Rumours of a Mid-Card title being introduced also,

Cody was on WOR talking about it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Are you implying that I have two accounts?
    No not you chopper
    I believe he’s implying that the former poster who had been discussed hear as an o so reliable source had a 2nd one.

If so you should report (via the report function not just saying it on thread) such. For the record I recall something similar to this being said recently actually and I did look into it but no connection at least that I could establish with my mod tools at the time could be made.

Yep I did at the time when I noticed, but afaik nothing could be proved, which is why it's not fair to name names now.. but I had the feeling it was more inconclusive rather than disproved

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

If he was back with another account we would all know because:

1) this place would be an aggressive shi!tshow once again
    2) he doesn't really hide it that well...I mean "Big Trev" wasn't that much of a stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Does anyone actually know who he is tho? :pac:
    Like, in the real world and not the keyboard he hides behind :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not sure if it's ok to doxx people like this but yeah, here he is.

s8jljVG.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Like, in the real world and not the keyboard he hides behind :p

There's an unverified image of him in online circles. Along with his "greatest hits" in bullet point fashion. Look for Figure 4 Weekly Fandom. We get a mention also in the expose!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Considering the NO Chat part of this thread and the fact that I don't see this discussion going anywhere really (I'm not splitting this off into a a thread of his own for example) I think we'd probably be best off leaving Rovy in the boards past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

RIP Trev, we hardly knew ye.

Moving along so, John Cena is on Smackdown in a couple weeks. With Wrestlemania being 15 minutes from his house this year there's long been rumours he wants a big match on the show - who do we think he works with?

I would like to see him wrestle Goldberg personally. Neither is great shakes in the ring so you could do a 5 - 7 minute match maximum and it wouldn't really matter who won.

Monokne wrote: »

Moving along so, John Cena is on Smackdown in a couple weeks. With Wrestlemania being 15 minutes from his house this year there's long been rumours he wants a big match on the show - who do we think he works with?

I would like to see him wrestle Goldberg personally. Neither is great shakes in the ring so you could do a 5 - 7 minute match maximum and it wouldn't really matter who won.

I could see it being a Baron Corbin squash inside of 3 or 4 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cena wins number 17 at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Monokne wrote:

Wouldn't mind seeing him work with Bryan this year if it's going to be anything more than a 5 minute match.

Failing that, something really out of left field like Keith Lee would be great to see. It'd be an awful shame not to capitalise on his momentum and that Royal Rumble pop in some form and they've already set a precedent of NXT getting involved with the main roster in time for Mania after Shayna and Rhea popped up recently.

That's what I want. What I think actually happens is far less interesting and not even worth posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind seeing him work with Bryan this year if it's going to be anything more than a 5 minute match.

Failing that, something really out of left field like Keith Lee would be great to see. It'd be an awful shame not to capitalise on his momentum and that Royal Rumble pop in some form and they've already set a precedent of NXT getting involved with the main roster in time for Mania after Shayna and Rhea popped up recently.

That's what I want. What I think actually happens is far less interesting and not even worth posting.

him vs brayn on the biggest stage would actually be really good as its something we havent seen in a long time and bryan will get a good match out of cena who has to be rusty even though i think hes good in the ring unlike a lot of fans

other than that im not sure what else unless its a quick squash of a corbin

martyos121 wrote: »

him vs brayn on the biggest stage would actually be really good as its something we havent seen in a long time and bryan will get a good match out of cena who has to be rusty even though i think hes good in the ring unlike a lot of fans

other than that im not sure what else unless its a quick squash of a corbin

Cena wins number 17 at WM.

There is advertising out for a Chamber match for the SD title shot and he's not in it. Drew-Brock on the other show.

So seems like that is very unlikely at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cena vs bully sheamus

Boy would that be a letdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I think what the Cena news really highlights is that there's basically 0 or at least very very few dream matches left in WWE. Some of the suggestions for a potential Mania match are ironic but, they're also probably the most likely to happen too. Thing is, who else could you put him against that would be considered a dream match that would draw ppv buys/network subs? I can't think of any dream match that they can possibly do between Cena and a current roster member.

Thye really blew it not waiting cena/roman at mania cant remember what event it was but at least have it at one of the big 4

the only real dream match for me with cena that's possible technically as their active but will never happen is Tanahashi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I think what the Cena news really highlights is that there's basically 0 or at least very very few dream matches left in WWE. Some of the suggestions for a potential Mania match are ironic but, they're also probably the most likely to happen too. Thing is, who else could you put him against that would be considered a dream match that would draw ppv buys/network subs? I can't think of any dream match that they can possibly do between Cena and a current roster member.

He hasn't wrestled Goldberg yet. Not that it's a dream match for me, but it could be a match yet to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess he'll be back to promote Fast 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

If Samoa Joe was still a heel, he would be a great opponent for Cena at WrestleMania.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's Joe. He would have no problem playing the heel. Or just being Joe

justjoe_display_image.jpg?1310185123

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Monokne wrote: »

I'm confused, is Trev Rovert dead? :o

I think an NXT guy will attack and challenge Cena

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm confused, is Trev Rovert dead? :o

To boards.ie yes.

Loughc wrote: »
    To boards.ie yes.

He's the Chris Benoit of Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    He's the Chris Benoit of Boards

Ha ha ha just spat tea on my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Reports that the Bella twins and Justin "thunder" Liger will be inductees into the 2020 WWE HOF. Liger is a no brainer and given he's only retired very recently it's a nice honour to give. The Bella she possibly going in isn't as much of a no as it would have been a few years ago. Nikki did get noticeably better in the ring while Brie wasn't the best but her return where it was a mess will probably be most people's enduring memory.

I know the WWE HOF shouldn't be seen as anything on the level because it's whoever is in the good graces of the company and not a piss head but if the reports are true then how Victoria and molly holly(more so molly holly as she's in the good graces of the company) aren't in yet makes no sense as does captain charisma not being in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

The Bella's are bigger names and I assume done with wrestling? this might be like there goodbye to the company. It will also be a storyline they can milk for total Bellas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The WWE HOF is an absolute sham, but if one man deserves recognition it's Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, the man's a genuine wrestling legend. Would be cool to see them reach out to Pillman Jr. to induct him, knowing WWE will probably be Tyler Breeze.

Advertisement