Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The WWE HOF is an absolute sham, but if one man deserves recognition it's Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, the man's a genuine wrestling legend. Would be cool to see them reach out to Pillman Jr. to induct him, knowing WWE will probably be Tyler Breeze.

id be pretty sure it would be shinsuke or balor

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Balor is a good shout. My first thought was Regal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Finn Balor all the way. Liger trained him and Rocky Romero in the NJPW Dojo and Balor briefly stayed at Liger's house at that time.
    Out of everyone on the WWE roster it just lends itself to it. Finn can go on about "if this man wasn't around there wouldnt be no finn balor" blah blah blah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Odd enough match for mania rumoured but hes one man that can make things work

https://www.givemesport.com/1546820-wwe-news-aj-styles-vs-the-undertaker-reportedly-planned-for-wrestlemania-36

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Cathy Kelley waving goodbye (for now) to the WWE this weekend.

https://twitter.com/catherinekelley/status/1228348984923574272

EQv44pBXkAAIDTi?format=jpg&name=medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

This is the darkest day in the history of our sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Odd enough match for mania rumoured but hes one man that can make things work
    https://www.givemesport.com/1546820-wwe-news-aj-styles-vs-the-undertaker-reportedly-planned-for-wrestlemania-36
    The Phenom VS. The Phenomenal

Writes itself really as odd as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ThePott wrote: »
    The Phenom VS. The Phenomenal

Writes itself really as odd as it is.

Plus styles has his lackys to help him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Monokne wrote: »
    This is the darkest day in the history of our sport.

Another nail in the WWE coffin for me. A dark day indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Gerry, hold on pal. I know you'll be taking this loss harder than most.

• Advertisement

The WWE HOF is an absolute sham, but if one man deserves recognition it's Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, the man's a genuine wrestling legend. Would be cool to see them reach out to Pillman Jr. to induct him

It'd be more in their line to reach out to him to induct his father.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Monokne wrote: »
    Gerry, hold on pal. I know you'll be taking this loss harder than most.

I am brother. Can't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe Scarlett will debut next Wednesday then?

I expect HHH to say something about in their post Takeover interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

/Dirtsheet hat on

Sounds like Cathy had one or two relationships in her time with high profile stars on the roster so in that context her statement makes perfect sense.

What age is she? Sometimes you just need to run away from an environment like that.

/Dirtsheet hat off

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Another nail in the WWE coffin for me. A dark day indeed.

Gerry lookit it's not great news but this mean she probably won't be constrained by the PG stuff.

At least Gerry's safe knowing Scarlett is on the company books....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    At least Gerry's safe knowing Scarlett is on the company books....

You see Gerry lithium has it all figured out.

/Dirtsheet hat on

Sounds like Cathy had one or two relationships in her time with high profile stars on the roster so in that context her statement makes perfect sense.

What age is she? Sometimes you just need to run away from an environment like that.

/Dirtsheet hat off

Early 30s.

Early 30s.
    I'd Be surprised would have guessed late 20s at best

A rather big week for Nyla Rose of course. But here is a comment Rose made on a podcast:
    I feel like a lot of people are kind of projecting their own unhappiness on to me, and using me as an outlet. A punching bag, if you will. It sucks, and please stop doing it.

I celebrate Christmas. You can give me that for Christmas, just effing stop. But I get it.

Some people are a little bit confused. Because for some reason a lot of male fans when they watch wrestling, they judge how good it is by how funny their pants feel.

So when I come on the TV and their pants feel tingly, they get a little confusing. I get that. But it’s OK.

It doesn’t change anything about you that doesn’t want to change. You don’t have to have some internal conflict struggle.

But if you want to talk about it we can just please stop calling me names.

What a rather arrogant thing to say. Even if Rose was born a female no, just no. You don't look like Trish Stratus. Even if Trish said that it would still be arrogant but Trish looked like, well Trish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think that is quiet a funny comment by her to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

I didn't even know she was transgender tb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

A rather big week for Nyla Rose of course. But here is a comment Rose made on a podcast:

What a rather arrogant thing to say. Even if Rose was born a female no, just no. You don't look like Trish Stratus. Even if Trish said that it would still be arrogant but Trish looked like, well Trish.

Haha she is a heel and heeling it up and even if she is deadly serious it's funny because she is probably right there are lads out there turned on by her.

She's just being provocative which is why I enjoyed her when she did commentary.

And she's probably not wrong tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

While the future of wrestling Hulk Hogan was on WWE last night discussing fellow young hopeful Bill Goldberg, Will Ospreay and ZSJ are meant to have torn the house down in RevPro for the British Heavyweight championship, can't wait to see it. Ospreay announcing he's a heavyweight now too, give me Naito/Ospreay and G1 Will again, lovely.

She's just being provocative which is why I enjoyed her when she did commentary.

And she's probably not wrong tbh.

F*CK that..
    I know we all have different preferences. But Nyla Rose is not attractive. Big belly and looks like a dude. That's not hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

While the future of wrestling Hulk Hogan was on WWE last night discussing fellow young hopeful Bill Goldberg, Will Ospreay and ZSJ are meant to have torn the house down in RevPro for the British Heavyweight championship, can't wait to see it. Ospreay announcing he's a heavyweight now too, give me Naito/Ospreay and G1 Will again, lovely.

95% of wrestling fans will happily watch a Hogan/Goldberg promo over two 5'9 guys who look like each other and probably have the same moveset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

J. Marston wrote: »
    95% of wrestling fans will happily watch a Hogan/Goldberg promo over two 5'9 guys who look like each other and probably have the same moveset.

I agree more wrestling fans would rather watch Hogan and Goldberg but Ospreay and ZSJ don't really look like each other and definitely don't have the same moveset.

Have a mate in London who went to see it, match of the night according to him.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

You'd have a point if Ospreay and ZSJ were that height, but they aren't.

Advertisement