Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

F*CK that..
    I know we all have different preferences. But Nyla Rose is not attractive. Big belly and looks like a dude. That's not hot.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

F*CK that..
    I know we all have different preferences. But Nyla Rose is not attractive. Big belly and looks like a dude. That's not hot.

Jesus, what a narrow minded post. Get out of town, she's not your cup of tea, get the hell over yourself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm not going to wade in with warnings from a mod point of view, cause I don't believe it's crossed a line yet.

I will say there's no need to go getting personal about her looks, when it seems clear she's (presumably) heeling it up a bit. Don't work yourselves into a shoot, BA.

I also don't really think it's "news", so maybe we can put a pin in the chat and move on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

F*CK that..

I'm not saying she's attractive, just that I wouldn't be surprised if some of the headers trolling her online do in fact have a stiffy for her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

leggo wrote: »
    And now I wait for an expletive-ridden attack about how I’m actually the bad one...
    Oh go back to negging the target ;)

Mod Note:
    Nope, you two aren't starting this.

End of conversation people. Move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

So Meltzer is saying an apparent Mania match right now is:
    Elias vs. Cena

God Help Us!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ThePott wrote: »
    So Meltzer is saying an apparent Mania match right now is:
    Elias vs. Cena

God Help Us!

Another heel turn for
    Elias
    so. He flips so often between face and heel he’s at risk of becoming big show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Loughc wrote: »
    Another heel turn for
    Elias
    so. He flips so often between face and heel he’s at risk of becoming big show.

It's so easy for him because all he needs to do is
    insult the local sports team while he's strumming his guitar and instant heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe it will be a bollocks "respect" face vs face thing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Maybe it will be a bollocks "respect" face vs face thing

Doubt it considering what happened last time
    Cena
    was at Mania.

• Advertisement

Regardless of Heel/Face roles that sounds like an absolute snoozefest. Think the build could be decent but the match would be boring.
    Gonna be at Mania this year, think that will be the bathroom break if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Dave meltzer is reporting that the British bulldog will be inducted in this years HOF at wrestlemania weekend with the others announced officially or in the case of the bellas and Jushin liger it's rumoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I like that. Good class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Jbl to be inducted as well according to fightful

I like it prob won’t be a popular choice for a lot but it’s actually a very good class

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

JBL is a good shout. One of the best character transformations ever, especially for guys who had been in WWE since the '90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Damn!

Apparently Samoa Joe is on the shelf after taking a table bump for a commercial and banging his head. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Apparently Samoa Joe is on the shelf after taking a table bump for a commercial and banging his head. :(

He just seems to be constantly getting injured now his body has sure taken a battering over the years

It's a shame anytime he seems to get momentum it happens. He's only ever had one Mania match and it was only seconds long cause Mysterio was injured.

Then again pretty sure he had a concussion a few weeks back so you really hvave to question who gave the green light for him to take a table bump for an advert.
    He'll have a job for life with WWE either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Isn't that how Lita injured her neck? She was doing a stunt for a commercial or a tv show or something and hurt herself. That neck injury messed things up for her I think. Had she been wrestling today she might not have been allowed to wrestle, but she continued wrestling after returning from her neck injury. It definitely shortened her career though. Standards were different back then I guess, wrestlers still wrestled while injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Isn't that how Lita injured her neck? She was doing a stunt for a commercial or a tv show or something and hurt herself. That neck injury messed things up for her I think. Had she been wrestling today she might not have been allowed to wrestle, but she continued wrestling after returning from her neck injury. It definitely shortened her career though. Standards were different back then I guess, wrestlers still wrestled while injured.

Was it when she guested on Alias?

Looked it up there she was doing a scene in Dark Angel. Practicing a hurricanrana and the stunt double dropped her on her neck. Was out for 17 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Looked it up there she was doing a scene in Dark Angel. Practicing a hurricanrana and the stunt double dropped her on her neck. Was out for 17 months or so.

To heck with that.
    Out that long because, lets face it, someone who while was a stunt performer was no wrestler.

I remember Christopher Daniels said in a shoot years ago (RF Video) that he was wrestling in Ireland and he wouldn't take a moonsault off the person he was wrestling. Didn't say who. All because Daniels felt the guy was inexperienced (or maybe in truth he thought was ****e and just did'nt want to say) Either way can't blame him.

I think I know who the wrestler was in question :p

*edit*

I'll just leave this here https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=452&page=4&search=ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I bet Lita had better health insurance doing that gig on Dark Angel than she ever had working for Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

To heck with that.
    Out that long because, lets face it, someone who while was a stunt performer was no wrestler.

I remember Christopher Daniels said in a shoot years ago (RF Video) that he was wrestling in Ireland and he wouldn't take a moonsault off the person he was wrestling. Didn't say who. All because Daniels felt the guy was inexperienced (or maybe in truth he thought was ****e and just did'nt want to say) Either way can't blame him.

I think I know who the wrestler was in question :p

*edit*

I'll just leave this here https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=452&page=4&search=ireland :pac:

Damn that green AJ Styles, I wouldn't trust him with a moonsault either.

Damn that green AJ Styles, I wouldn't trust him with a moonsault either.

Speaking of AJ Styles I'm not a fan of the styles clash. There is just too much that could go wrong and I can't remember who in WWE but AJ had to think fast and correct the guy otherwise it could have been bad triple h pedigree gif type of injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Speaking of AJ Styles I'm not a fan of the styles clash. There is just too much that could go wrong and I can't remember who in WWE but AJ had to think fast and correct the guy otherwise it could have been bad triple h pedigree gif type of injury.

It was yer man without a chin, can't remember his name off the top of my head.

The problem with the Styles Clash is, it goes against a wrestlers instinct, to tuck their chin. They have to do the opposite and put their head right back to take it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

James Ellsworth I think....but isn't there just one main thing that can go wrong with a styles clash, the recepient forgets what they're doing and tucks their chin?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It was yer man without a chin, can't remember his name off the top of my head.

The problem with the Styles Clash is, it goes against a wrestlers instinct, to tuck their chin. They have to do the opposite and put their head right back to take it

You see that's it. Wrestlers are trained to do one thing and have to think of the fly to do the opposite. And just to be clear I really like AJ styles it's just that move or any move where the person doing the move is not in control fully of giving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

It is beyond easy to take. Anyone who has been injured is not very good at their job

Advertisement