Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Meltzer saying atm the plan for Mania is Triple H vs Goldberg

If Triple H goes for his usual resthold heavy style then it's going to be a bloody awful match, if it's like Brock vs Goldberg and they go a tough quick 5/6 minutes then I'm all for it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Meltzer saying atm the plan for Mania is Triple H vs Goldberg

If Triple H goes for his usual resthold heavy style then it's going to be a bloody awful match, if it's like Brock vs Goldberg and they go a tough quick 5/6 minutes then I'm all for it

HHH doesn't do quick. Someone on Reddit did some research and it turns out HHH has had the the longest match at Mania for 8 of the 9 last years...

2019 - Batista 24:45

2018 - Mixed Tag 20:40

2017 - Rollins 25:30

2016 - Roman 27:11

2015 - Sting 18:36

2014 - Bryan 25:58

2013 - Lesnar 23:58

2012 - Undertaker 30:50

2011 - Undertaker 29:23

In 2016, only Shane vs Taker was longer at 30 minutes.

J. Marston wrote: »
    HHH doesn't do quick. Someone on Reddit did some research and it turns out HHH has had the the longest match at Mania for 8 of the 9 last years...

And since that's just the matches bell to bell, you've also got god knows how much more time for the bloody entrances

I can't wait til this match is on at 3am on Mania night and there's still 5 bouts to go

And since that's just the matches bell to bell, you've also got god knows how much more time for the bloody entrances

I can't wait til this match is on at 3am on Mania night and there's still 5 bouts to go

Being honest, I think he's a little insecure regarding his spot in all-time greats. What else would explain giving himself the most ostentatious entrances and the longest matches at Wrestlemania every single year.

It's ridiculously self-indulgent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

It's gonna be WCW vs. WWE nonsense again isn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

HHH/Goldberg sounds grim, less than zero interest in seeing those two against each other. Much more interest in the Supercard of Honor that weekend than Mania so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I wonder will the revisionist history be used again, with the WWE pretending this will be the first time HHH has faced Goldberg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

ThePott wrote: »
    It's gonna be WCW vs. WWE nonsense again isn't it.

If they do Sting V Taker then that’s not a bad shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

HHH has to finally get one over on the last WCW guy he hasn't put down.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Being honest, I think he's a little insecure regarding his spot in all-time greats

That's on the nose I believe

He was a good foil to the actual attractions like Rock and Austin, but when he was given the chance himself such as vs Jericho at WM18 it was a bit flat

Still an all time great, but the foil to someone else who was better usually

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

HHH has to finally get one over on the last WCW guy he hasn't put down.

You obviously don’t remember 2003 so. HHH got more than one over Goldberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I read today big Dave said Goldberg wasn’t on the mania so I guess we’ll see again saw that on Twitter

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    I read today big Dave said Goldberg wasn’t on the mania so I guess we’ll see again saw that on Twitter

Big Dave will prob post up tomorrow Goldberg will be at Mania. Cover all bases like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Loughc wrote: »
    Big Dave will prob post up tomorrow Goldberg will be at Mania. Cover all bases like.

:confused:

EReBwzwXsAcUyb3?format=png&name=small

:)

Monokne wrote: »
    :confused:

EReBwzwXsAcUyb3?format=png&name=small

:)

And there it is. Big Dave is such a fan of WWE even his gossip is 50/50 booking.

So Jericho is one of those...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B840HgFhl-E/

I dont really follow AEW, but is his gimmick not him just being a general gobsh1te? Could be part of that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I dont really follow AEW, but is his gimmick not him just being a general gobsh1te? Could be part of that

N’ah he is a big conspiracy person. He gets a ton of folks on his podcast that cover the conspiracy world. He had a guy on before that claimed to work for Area 51 and Jericho ate it up.

N’ah he is a big conspiracy person. He gets a ton of folks on his podcast that cover the conspiracy world. He had a guy on before that claimed to work for Area 51 and Jericho ate it up.

Ah, well that's disappointing so. Should have Styles on his podcast and they can talk about the flat earth

This is really why i \lways believe try to know little about the wrestlers lives just try to enjoy the characters/wrestling cause a lot of them are out their with their views

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ah, well that's disappointing so. Should have Styles on his podcast and they can talk about the flat earth

Nope, one of the two lads he had on there about the Coronavirus is also his Flat earth correspondant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Aj being a flatearther is mental. As he is a man that has travelled the world.

On another funny note someone registered http://www.flatearth.ie and it redirects you to... well I won't spoil the joke (don't worry, isn't NSFW)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Samoa Joe suspended for 30 days following his first violation of the Wellness policy from yesterday.
    By the time he gets back there's only one Raw before Mania. He might have to miss out this year :(

Am I crazy or did it not used to be the case that the first violation wasn't publicised

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

They have never officially had a policy about that. There was a brief period where suspensions were kept quiet in the early years.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

"This scumbag bastard Vince McMahon has blocked Vickie Guerrero from using any of his so called 'superstars' on her Podcast because she went on a AEW Chris Jericho Cruise Ship Tour," Graham wrote on Facebook. "This man has to be the single most evil human being walking the face of the earth. To deny a woman's right to make a living when her husband gave his life for this unworthy pile of dung."

Graham continued, "He won't let her have any of his talent to simply sit and talk on a Podcast, while this coming Thursday, Febuary 27 he will be putting on a show in Saudi Arabia with his partner the Saudi Crown Prince, Mohamed bin Salam who will be paying 50 million dollars for this one night show and oh yes, personally ordered the murder and dismemberment of American journalist Jamal Khashoggi. The ever greedy Vince will take 50 million dollars soaked in Khashoggi's blood , but wont let Vickie Guerrero make some nickles and dimes doing a Podcast.

"What a two face, selfish bastard that will burn in Hell. ... Please forward this post to any podcast, wrestling news site, radio talk show, or anyone else that needs to be aware of the real way the WWE treats women like Vickie Guerrero in the work force."

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/02/superstar-billy-graham-blasts-vince-mcmahon-over-vickie-666900/

Good man Billy graham you walking talking hypocrite. If his health goes downhill again he'll be back grovelling at the McMahons feet.

Now, vince is not a saint by any means and I'm not watching the Saudi event this week for various reasons but to call him the most vile human ever is a bit much. He's not even the ****tiest person in wrestling imo. Fritz Von Erich gets that award.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

My first reaction was damn....then I realised it was Billy Graham. Nowt to see here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Monokne wrote: »
    Samoa Joe was amongst those rumoured and WWE released a statement saying it is categorically untrue that Joe has been or will be suspended.

So the rumours are false in all likelihood.

Well I guess they were not false!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Gas isn't it. Billy Graham makes those highly charged comments and then ends it with share with everyone to help people be aware about Vicky. Erm no Billy. To me that sounds like you're trying to use that as a way to get your name out there again.

A right worker through and through huh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

• Advertisement

Not ideal

wonder how this will effect Japanese wrestlers coming over for shows especially with mania week coming up if it keeps going on

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1232658347746185216?s=20

Advertisement