Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id say its going ahead as planned unless a major cluster of cases pop up in Tampa.

Too much money at stake for both WWE and the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

It is right in the balance now. Florida is up to 21 cases. Everywhere else the jumps have been relatively slow until they got to 50+ at which point they start to jump in tens, then fifties, and then it's exponential.

Seattle was where Florida is now a week ago. Seattle has now banned all gatherings of more than 250 people.

I don't think it will go ahead personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Seattle is a ghost town right now. It's mad to see. Great for a nice walk around. Amazon is giving grants to all the small businesses around as most will go under if this goes on much longer. Flights are dirt cheap to Tampa now from here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They just announced E3 is cancelled in June. If cancelling shows this far out, I can't see how they can still go ahead with Mania as planned.

Seattle is a ghost town right now. It's mad to see. Great for a nice walk around. Amazon is giving grants to all the small businesses around as most will go under if this goes on much longer. Flights are dirt cheap to Tampa now from here too.

Genuinely unsure if I will go to Florida now, and that's assuming the decision is in my hands. I am not going for Mania - I have family in FL, one of whom is very ill so I sort of have to go. My worry is that if international travel has not been knocked on it's head by the time I fly out, imagine if it has been before I get the chance to fly home. :confused:

Mad world out there at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They just announced E3 is cancelled in June. If cancelling shows this far out, I can't see how they can still go ahead with Mania as planned.

Id imagine they are cancelling the further events now as they expect things to get worse by June.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems the opposite to me. Like even today on the radio they were talking about Electric Picnic and saying they expect all summer shows to go ahead as they hope it's all blown over by then.

Anyway, wrestling wise, even before Mania they would need to start with the weekly shows

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seems the opposite to me. Like even today on the radio they were talking about Electric Picnic and saying they expect all summer shows to go ahead as they hope it's all blown over by then.

Anyway, wrestling wise, even before Mania they would need to start with the weekly shows

They have - apparently Smackdown will be coming from the Performance Centre for the next episode, like NXT was last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

"the truth will be heard" This will be another Denver nuggets deal from about four or five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince just sold $80m in shares 15% of his total for cash now and will hand the shares over in March 2024.

WWE share price dropped by 5.8% today while most others went up.

Reading online that Roman has pulled himself from Wrestlemania, and someone else will now face Goldberg. Proper order too, he's bound to be very susceptible to virtually everything after his cancer treatment.

Aren't they taping Mania tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Interesting as well is that someone posted this on Reddit before the news was broke by outlets claiming to be an insider and said he isn't the only name or person that has dropped from the card. That person also named KO and Goldberg among others.

ThePott wrote: »
    Interesting as well is that someone posted this on Reddit before the news was broke by outlets claiming to be an insider and said he isn't the only name or person that has dropped from the card. That person also named KO and Goldberg among others.

Ryan Satin was tweeting it as fact. I didn't see the other 2 being mentioned. Apparently Braun "Fúck Those Indie Guys" Strowman is being lined up for Goldberg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ryan Satin was tweeting it as fact. I didn't see the other 2 being mentioned. Apparently Braun "Fúck Those Indie Guys" Strowman is being lined up for Goldberg
    Oh yeah, Roman looks definite but just saying it looks very likely he'll be the first of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Reading online that Roman has pulled himself from Wrestlemania, and someone else will now face Goldberg. Proper order too, he's bound to be very susceptible to virtually everything after his cancer treatment.

Aren't they taping Mania tonight?

Thought Mania was taped already as Florida brought in new measures that would've prohibited any tapings from taking place since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moxley Ambrose made a very brief return to WWE programming last night!

https://streamable.com/d96oo

J. Marston wrote: »
    Moxley Ambrose made a very brief return to WWE programming last night!

https://streamable.com/d96oo

Seen that this morning, don't know what was funnier - his appearance with the doggo, or Creed cracking up uncontrollably:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Seen that this morning, don't know what was funnier - his appearance with the doggo, or Creed cracking up uncontrollably:D

or booker laughing and still trying to go on with what he was saying

Mania is turning into a major sh8t show. Edge is off the show now too apparently along with Miz/Morrison, Usos & KO

It was a major sh*t show when they decided to do 'wrestlemania' in an empty warehouse during a pandemic Gerry. There was never any hope for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mania is turning into a major sh8t show. Edge is off the show now too apparently along with Miz/Morrison, Usos & KO

I seen Miz. Morrison and USOs are only off as their match was cancelled.

Where was KO and Edge confirmed?

Loughc wrote: »
    I seen Miz. Morrison and USOs are only off as their match was cancelled.

Where was KO and Edge confirmed?

Sorry bro my mind is frazzled after Leo's covid thing earlier. I have to cocoon now.

It was either twitter or reddit. However Meltzer has apparently confirmed now that KO did actually wrestle today so it may be all "to take with a massive grain of salt"

Edit: now Meltzy has confirmed Edge did wrestle too. Thank F for that! It was the one match I was invested in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Miz and Reigns confirmed to wrestle still it’s almost like the like of Meltzer are having a field day putting out fake news to sour people off the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Miz and Reigns confirmed to wrestle still it’s almost like the like of Meltzer are having a field day putting out fake news to sour people off the product.

These were all filmed last week.

Reigns won’t be wrestling. It’s not even just Meltzer this time

This has been reported by multiple reporters and Becky Lynch even discussed it in broad terms with Ariel Helwani on Thursday.

I never get this stuff. Of course journalists get things wrong but the sheer lack of thought involved in the idea that reporters put out fake news to make the product less popular.

Do you think Meltzer makes more money when wrestling is more popular, or less popular? When there is more interest, or less interest?

Stop and think for literally a single second before you post stuff like that, it's so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Monokne wrote: »
    This has been reported by multiple reporters and Becky Lynch even discussed it in broad terms with Ariel Helwani on Thursday.

I never get this stuff. Of course journalists get things wrong but the sheer lack of thought involved in the idea that reporters put out fake news to make the product less popular.

Do you think Meltzer makes more money when wrestling is more popular, or less popular? When there is more interest, or less interest?

Stop and think for literally a single second before you post stuff like that, it's so bad.

He makes money from people with a dislike of WWE. The type to sign up to his newsletter are the people who love AEW, NJPW and consider Vince's non-pushing of certain wrestlers a hate crime. He caters to this audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be honest the WWE don't need Meltzer to sour people off the product they do a good enough job at that themselves.

Do you honestly think the target audience of the WWE actually even know who Dave Meltzer is.

Advertisement