Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's 50/50, but yeah they (AEW as well) just need to shut it down, or just run whatever they managed to tape before **** hit the fan, it's not really worth either company running the risk.
    sky88 wrote: »
    There all at it

Wonder if the tv companies are befging them for content or is it strictly a money issue if they don’t put on new shoes

https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1247586072403427328?s=21

I don't know about Tennessee and what restrictions they have exactly but I'd love to know how WWE and AEW are getting around the essential label which as much as I love wrestling in times like this it's not essential. I've the WWE network and if I had years you'd never watch it all. My point is I won't be at a loose end to find wrestling to watch if WWE aren't taping stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't know about Tennessee and what restrictions they have exactly but I'd love to know how WWE and AEW are getting around the essential label which as much as I love wrestling in times like this it's not essential. I've the WWE network and if I had years you'd never watch it all. My point is I won't be at a loose end to find wrestling to watch if WWE aren't taping stuff.

Yep take a break and rebuild for when it’s safe

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well Impact should be okay. Do they have more than 10 workers? :pac:

Maybe they're getting around it by not being a business open to the public. Like pubs and non essential shops need to close. And don't know about the US, but restaurants still do takeaways.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So that's why Charlotte won the title.

• Advertisement

But will the winner of the No. 1 Contender's match take it from her?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But will the winner of the No. 1 Contender's match take it from her?

Would love to see Dakota or Io win it but Charlotte's last three title reigns have a grand total of 16 days so I think she'll hold this one for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

J. Marston wrote: »
    Would love to see Dakota or Io win it but Charlotte's last three title reigns have a grand total of 16 days so I think she'll hold this one for a while.

It would have to be a babyface who takes the title from Charlotte I think. So perhaps Candace LaRae or Toni Storm. If not, maybe a returning Rhea.

I've said it before but I'm not a fan of Toni Storm.
    Io, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-rumors-reason-why-goldberg-beat-bray-wyatt-at-super-showdown-revealed

Interesting story in Goldberg exerting creative control at SSD v Wyatt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    So that's why Charlotte won the title.

The Queen was winning regardless - I can only hope that Rhea makes it back so she can beat her and win the title back for fear someone else talented gets fed to THE QUEEN.

WOOOOOOOOOOO

Ain't true apparently...

AuRHAhF.jpg

Exactly why any report needs to be taken with a lot of pinches of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Crazy to think that Vince felt he needed Goldberg back so much that he gave him so much power of creative control that Goldberg can make himself champion when he decides the money is right to get in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Exactly why any report needs to be taken with a lot of pinches of salt
    Although interestingly Meltzer said it was untrue apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

That Goldberg report. Brilliant :D Gene Okerlund hotline level reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah I wouldn’t put anything into that Goldberg report. The plan was clearly for him to lose to Reigns, which doesn’t track at all with what’s being reported if that’s how he actually felt. I’d say it’s much simpler and we can guess that when they had people booked and did the maths Cena/Wyatt and Reigns/Goldberg made much more sense than Wyatt/Reigns and Cena/Goldberg, and Reigns/Goldberg was the obvious choice for the title because Reigns completing a glorious comeback from his health issues was a better story for the belt than Wyatt beating Cena, which didn’t need the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Nonsense, creative control to win the belt but not keep it. Silly stuff. I am sure he put his idea across and the decision maker said yes or no

If you want Reigns to win at mania, then have someone to go at after, Goldberg winning then losing to reigns and have fiend attack roman monday after makes sense

Not everyting is a conspiracy
    TimesArrow wrote: »
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-rumors-reason-why-goldberg-beat-bray-wyatt-at-super-showdown-revealed

Interesting story in Goldberg exerting creative control at SSD v Wyatt

Well not surprising at all I’m guessing aew arena will cancel double or nothing soon enough

https://twitter.com/rofoarena/status/1248384166938304515?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Well not surprising at all I’m guessing aew arena will cancel double or nothing soon enough

https://twitter.com/rofoarena/status/1248384166938304515?s=21

Money in the bank at the PC it is then

Are the words covid-19 banned in wwe ?? They have not once wished the wwe universe good health

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Money in the bank at the PC it is then

Are the words covid-19 banned in wwe ?? They have not once wished the wwe universe good health

Doesn't seem to exist in their fantasy land. As far I know the closest they came to acknowledging it is Stephanie saying "these current circumstances" during the intro to Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

its been given the Benoit treatment alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

They spoke about it fairly openly in the Drew documentary so it could just be a programming thing. It is weird though. If nothing is happening, why are your arenas empty?!

Because Jericho won't allow the fans to attend.

Just see UFC has been cancelled due to orders from the higher ups from Disney and ESPN.
    Makes me think that while WWE don't have higher ups, FOX and USA should take some responsibility and tell them to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The revival have officially left WWE. Thank Christ for that although bad timing given it's during a global pandemic. Hopefully when the world starts to get back to something normal they go to the NWA for a time and as probably will happen they go to AEW and educate the rest of that division the rules of tag team wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The revival have officially left WWE. Thank Christ for that although bad timing given it's during a global pandemic. Hopefully when the world starts to get back to something normal they go to the NWA for a time and as probably will happen they go to AEW and educate the rest of that division the rules of tag team wrestling.

Well wherever they wind up, they'll do just fine for themselves. The possibilities are endless really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Would love to see them against Ibushi & Tanahashi.

Yep they will do fine matter were they end up and matter of when not if the join aew for the bucks feud

I don’t think they ever suited the main roster wwe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I can see them coming back down the road when H has more power

Advertisement