Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Monokne wrote: »
    He is absolutely not doing that.

Keep in mind he would have known this news a week ago, and he made the decision yesterday to go back to doing live shows.

Vince McMahon has always and will always prioritise profit over people.

So cm punk was right then in that promo even if it was a worked shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He is absolutely not doing that.

Keep in mind he would have known this news a week ago, and he made the decision yesterday to go back to doing live shows.

Vince McMahon has always and will always prioritise profit over people.

It's absolutely madness, that he would've known someone in his organization is infected with the Coronavirus, yet persists with the show must go on attitude.

Someone in his inner circle needs to give him a reality check, unfortunately those who did keep a reign on him, were given their walking papers.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So cm punk was right then in that promo even if it was a worked shoot.

I never even thought of that line from said promo to be honest.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's absolutely madness, that he would've known someone in his organization is infected with the Coronavirus, yet persists with the show must go on attitude.

Someone in his inner circle needs to give him a reality check, unfortunately those who did keep a reign on him, were given their walking papers.

That's the worse part of it that they knew and continued on. I mean let's hope the person didn't pass it on to others who presumably went home.

Edit: this is the time for pat Patterson to say **** it and have a heart to heart with vince.

That's the worse part of it that they knew and continued on. I mean let's hope the person didn't pass it on to others who presumably went home.

I'd be worried about Roman and Daniel Bryan respectively, surely WWE talent would be able to push back against Vince and say no to doing shows...

• Advertisement

I'd be worried about Roman and Daniel Bryan respectively, surely WWE talent would be able to push back against Vince and say no to doing shows...

You'd think so but this is WWE so maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

What's up with Bryan?

You'd think so but this is WWE so maybe not.

Surely the more senior talent, say Taker, Triple H would be able to pierce Vince's bubble.

Though from the outside as fans looking in, you'd have to wonder what David Starr makes of all this, surely would give more legitimacy to his idea of wrestler's forming a union to protect themselves, granted the Coronavirus pandemic is a once in a blue moon occurence.

Adiboo wrote: »
    What's up with Bryan?

Read, think it was here that he's immunodeficient, though I could be mixing him up with Roman. Also for Bryan, with Brie being X months along in her pregnancy... He really can't be gambling/taking the risk...

Read, think it was here that he's immunodeficient, though I could be mixing him up with Roman. Also for Bryan, with Brie being X months along in her pregnancy... He really can't be gambling/taking the risk...

I know roman is but I hadn't heard about DB, but as you say Brie being pregnant is reason enough for him to stay home and not risk it.

• Advertisement

Just on the Ronda thing and it being a work and her trying to be a heel. She should watch the modern day genius of MJF in how to be a modern heel. I see some people like this and that's fair enough but I think there was a better way to build this and Ronda doing what she did isn't it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

The reports on Friday were that WWE is contracted to do 3 taped shows a year on their deals with Fox & USA - the UK tours and Christmas week. Allegedly given they have already done 3 weeks of taped shows, Vince decided that in the changing economic climate he did not want to break that contract by continuing to do taped material in case either partner decided to use that to break the deal and renegotiate better terms (which they may be minded to do since the ratings for both are declining & lower than when deals were made).

It is not known if something was said to Vince to make him think this way or he is just worried/paranoid but given he sank the XFL on the same day and how high up he has friends, it would be fair to assume he's been given a window into what the economy looks like on the other side of this and has decided to cover himself.

Of course, USA & Fox would look terrible if they tried to exploit this situation so personally I can't imagine it would have happened. But for Vince, business is always, always, always, ALWAYS first. Just remember - he ran Saudi 3 weeks after Khashoggi was dismembered. He doesn't care about the optics, he doesn't care about what people in his inner circle say, he doesn't care about public perception, and he doesn't care who he endangers - he just wants his money. That is the only thing that matters to him.

Crisis exposes character. Vince is a piece of sh*t, make no mistake. I'm sure he wants his talent healthy but it's not as important as the WWE stock price.

Just on the Ronda thing and it being a work and her trying to be a heel. She should watch the modern day genius of MJF in how to be a modern heel. I see some people like this and that's fair enough but I think there was a better way to build this and Ronda doing what she did isn't it IMO.

People play along but mostly like MJF.

People really don't like Ronda.

Who's the heel?

People play along but mostly like MJF.

People really don't like Ronda.

Who's the heel?

MJF is like the flair in the 1980s in that yes he's a heel but he's cool and fans like him just like they did with flair and horsemen who got cheers from some of the studio crowd and not just the women.

Ronda isn't near being that way and calling wresting fans what she did isn't a recipe for success.

MJF is like the flair in the 1980s in that yes he's a heel but he's cool and fans like him just like they did with flair and horsemen who got cheers from some of the studio crowd and not just the women.

Ronda isn't near being that way and calling wresting fans what she did isn't a recipe for success.

When you say this isn't a recipe for success, by what metric? No-one in WWE is a draw so there are few actual measurements.

If her goal is to inflame fans though, she has succeeded without question.

In terms of building interest in her return, it certainly won't hurt.

So am I missing something, or are you basically just dressing up saying that you don't personally like it? :confused:

And just as I post that - Ronda's pal Ramona discussing the heel turn:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/29024618

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    They're still at it, whatever it is...

https://twitter.com/RondaRousey/status/1249063943697383426?s=20

https://twitter.com/niajaxwwe/status/1249081490408865795?s=21

If it leads to a storyline my eyes will do a full 360 if they have Ronda out in the ring talking about kayfabe.

Putting Rousey aside for a second I can't get over how much of a bell end Nia Jax is. Is she for real with that tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Vince is a piece of sh*t, make no mistake.

That happened like the same day I said it would, impressive turnaround tbh.

WWE statement on the return to live programming.
    We believe it is now more important than ever to provide people with a diversion from these hard times. We are producing content on a closed set with only essential personnel in attendance following appropriate guidelines while taking additional precautions to ensure the health and wellness of our performers and staff. As a brand that has been woven into the fabric of society, WWE and its Superstars bring families together and deliver a sense of hope, determination and perseverance."

The bolded part screams Stephanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Community leader, philanthrophist, game changer...yada yada. It's not hard to peer behind that mask of hers.

At the end of the day, they're just a bunch of opportunistic Republicans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Imagine if one of the Mcmahons got it

Any other time and place, you'd applaud their resolute stubborness for pushing on, but a world pandemic ain't the time and place.

Any other time and place, you'd applaud their resolute stubborness for pushing on, but a world pandemic ain't the time and place.

Well a world pandemic seems like the thing that stops everything(and all live sport is stopped) but clearly not in the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I’m very suprised that wrestling still being on hasn’t been more of a story in the mainstream media in America. You would hope journalists would question why this is allowed to keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

The worst things will be the WWE Doc's years to come about this time period.
    I can just hear Stephine going "We were a light for the world in a time of darkness" and Baron Corbin "People still come up to me and say how happy the empty arean match with Elias made them during the Crisis."

jface187 wrote: »
    The worst things will be the WWE Doc's years to come about this time period.
    I can just hear Stephine going "We were a light for the world in a time of darkness" and Baron Corbin "People still come up to me and say how happy the empty arean match with Elias made them during the Crisis."

You know what the fact you aren't that far away from what will probably actually happen when this is over shows how much ****e WWE can talk. Hopefully Stephanie will have learned from her 9/11 promo where she compared it to how the federal government treated her family.

sky88 wrote: »
    I’m very suprised that wrestling still being on hasn’t been more of a story in the mainstream media in America. You would hope journalists would question why this is allowed to keep going

The weird thing is that the world doesn’t see WWE the way most wrestling fans do these days. Anything I’ve seen is towing the WWE’s line about keeping people distracted etc. It’s kinda like Star Wars in that respect: some hardcore fans considered Return of Skywalker and/or The Last Jedi a betrayal of a lifetime of fandom, the rest of the world just sees Star Wars as the behemoth it always has been. The truth of it all is somewhere in the middle IMO.

Minor nitpick, it's Rise Of Skywalker, there is no Return Of Skywalker..

:pac:

Yeah I had Return of the Jedi in my head. Pretty much the same movie tbh. I felt betrayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looking forward to The Donald pointing towards the WWE as a company do it's best for the American people during on of his 2 hour prime time pressers.

Advertisement