Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sky88 wrote: »

A legend of the business and supposedly the reason for Wrestlemania. A voice of a generation of wwf/wwe fans

Remember he had a programme with Lillian Garcia in the attitude era ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I met him before around the time he was doing the Ultimate Warrior shtick. 1999. Nice guy.

Always loved how he introduced Bret Hart - "BRRRRR-ET.... HITMAAAAAAAAAAAAN........hort"

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well ah ****. I know he hadn't been well but still. No one ever announced a title change like he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/1250793115390226438?s=20

Sickened that she uses Fink's passing in the same breath as the releases. I'm really beginning to hate this b*tch.

"From Victoria, Texas..."

Iconic. All the best, Fink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's not just WWE but all these behemoth organisations referring to themselves as "families" is nauseating.

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Sickened that she uses Fink's passing in the same breath as the releases. I'm really beginning to hate this b*tch.

All about the brand Gerry. It's not surprising though as she didn't like it off the grass.

Anyway I'd say it must have been an unreal moment for a wrestler to win a championship and then have the fink announce you as the "neeeeewwwww...." whatever champion. I used to get excited hearing him say it, and can only imagine how the wrestlers felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I always used to think he said "Coming down the I-Oh!" as opposed to coming down the aisle.

The best announcer there was. I'll forever hear him say "Bret.... Hitmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Hart"

RIP

Well bar the first line of her tribute Stephanie's tweet was actually nice and she spelled his name right unlike hogan who misspelled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Only 69 years old. Still feels fairly young to me. I thought he would be in the late 70's early 80's by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

My favorite was when he’d “and NEWWWWWWWW WWF champion”

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Ah now Gerry......how have you not been able to peer behind that forced smile until now!?

RIP Fink.....they've all just been pretenders left in your wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

An absolute gentleman by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Has a cause of death been released. Sad news. A true company man who did what ever was asked of him.

Honorable mention to his work with a young Y2J.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Has a cause of death been released. Sad news. A true company man who did what ever was asked of him.

Honorable mention to his work with a young Y2J.

I don’t think so but he’s been ill for years was in a wheelchair by looks of a lot of wrestlers putting up pictures with him

Just seen on brets Instagram he said fink had a stroke and had been suffering from that for years

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_DKLR0FKPp/?igshid=1u54jtyjnnd8

A lovely story about Howard finkel from Beth Phoenix. He was clearly a gent and very helpful to young wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Amazing carry on. Such genuine emotion from Fink.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Luke Gallows does a pretty good impression of Howard Finkel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Omackeral wrote: »
    Amazing carry on. Such genuine emotion from Fink.

Would be nice if WWE could put out this clip with the audio of their announcers getting Vince's jollies by mocking Finkel removed.

• Advertisement

Monokne wrote: »
    Would be nice if WWE could put out this clip with the audio of their announcers getting Vince's jollies by mocking Finkel removed.

Haha. That will never happen because as you say vince found it funny.

A bit of positive news, Roman and his wife Galina are expecting a set of twins. Their 2nd set of twins.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/16/roman-reigns-announces-wife-is-pregnant-with-twins/

TMZ pulled it from an interview Roman did with Muscle & Fitness magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So the WWE have rejigged their filming schedule again to "increase performer safety" per Ryan Satin.

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wwe-filming-schedule-adjustments-safety-covid/#.Xpn9NFNKjOQ
    SmackDown will air this evening live as scheduled on FOX

Raw will air on Monday live as scheduled on USA Network

NXT will air on Wednesday live as scheduled

Next Friday, SmackDown will air live as scheduled
    Saturday, April 25; two episodes of SmackDown will be taped (airing May 1 and May 8)

Monday, April 27; two episodes of Raw will be taped (one for that night and the other will air the following week on May 4)

Wednesday, April 29; two episodes of NXT will be taped (one is for that night, the other will air on May 6)

Monday, May 11; one episode of Raw will be taped for that night and one episode of SmackDown will be taped for May 15

Tuesday, May 12; one episode of Raw will be taped for May 18 and one episode of SmackDown will be taped for May 22

Wednesday, May 13; two episodes of NXT will be taped (one is for that night, the other will air on May 20)

Monday, May 25; two episodes of Raw will be taped (one for that night, the other will air on June 1)

Tuesday, May 26; two episodes of SmackDown will be taped (one will air on May 29, the other will air on June 5)

Wednesday, May 27; two episodes of NXT will be taped (one is for that night, the other will air on June 3)

Monday, June 8; one episode of Raw taped for that evening and another episode of SmackDown taped for June 12

Tuesday, June 9; one episode of NXT will be taped for June 10

Monday, June 15; one episode of Raw taped for that evening and another episode of SmackDown taped for June 19

Tuesday, June 16; one episode of Raw taped for June 22 and another episode of SmackDown taped for June 26

Wednesday, June 17; two episodes of NXT will be taped (one is that night, the other will air on June 24)

Monday, June 29; two episodes of Raw will be taped (one for that night and the other will air on July 6)

Tuesday, June 30; two episodes of SmackDown will be taped (one for July 3 and one for July 10)

Wednesday, July 1; two episodes of NXT will be taped (one is for that night, the other will air on July 8)

Great news.

You can always trust Vince to put his talents health before anything.

Something to note - WWE's TV tapings usually cost a million dollars a week. Because they are now taping in an empty warehouse - multiple shows at a time - they are savings hundreds of thousands a week on TV production. Also, the new schedule allows us throw out the theory that they are had to do live shows to satisfy their TV partners.

Sure make the theory that Vince was doing the live tapings to save his company look f*cking stupid, but then anyone could see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New FOX reality show in the States where a 40 something female seeks a man to put a baby in her pram.....One of the male contestants is.....Matt Striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

New FOX reality show in the States where a 40 something female seeks a man to put a baby in her pram.....One of the male contestants is.....Matt Striker.

Watch as he gets re-hired now as some fox executives see potential in him

• Registered Users Posts: 86,501 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    A bit of positive news, Roman and his wife Galina are expecting a set of twins. Their 2nd set of twins.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/16/roman-reigns-announces-wife-is-pregnant-with-twins/

TMZ pulled it from an interview Roman did with Muscle & Fitness magazine.

That's nice for them, he had it rough with the cancer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That's nice for them, he had it rough with the cancer

Its probably another reason Roman will want to stay home while the Covid 19 is still around as i think i can be dangerous for pregnant women to catch it.

Advertisement