Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That's nice for them, he had it rough with the cancer

Yeah, his not taking part in Wrestlemania 36 makes a lot more sense now. That and you know his Leukemia being in remission.

Its probably another reason Roman will want to stay home while the Covid 19 is still around as i think i can be dangerous for pregnant women to catch it.

Then Daniel Bryan ought to be at home too, what with Brie expecting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Monokne wrote: »
    Something to note - WWE's TV tapings usually cost a million dollars a week. Because they are now taping in an empty warehouse - multiple shows at a time - they are savings hundreds of thousands a week on TV production. Also, the new schedule allows us throw out the theory that they are had to do live shows to satisfy their TV partners.

Sure make the theory that Vince was doing the live tapings to save his company look f*cking stupid, but then anyone could see that.

You seem like you’re scrambling to keep a coherent narrative here. What point are you even making now, do you even know? Why change to live shows at all if not for the leaked reason that they had to do X amount per year? I’d say a more logical assessment is that they made that decision in the hope it would put the networks in a corner, then had a PR disaster between the Nancy Argentino documentary and having to lay-off staff during a pandemic so likely felt that the image of forcing talent to fly out for every single show for the sake of taping live was too much of a risk.

I’m not even defending Vince like. It’s just the idea that he’s doing this because of general evilness that’s simplistic and farcical. WWE aren’t handling this situation well, that’s plain for all to see. But nobody there is making decisions based on “What’s the most evil thing I could do right now?” Every business has done everything it can do to survive and even prosper from the situation (has anyone notice that many ‘essential businesses’ have increased the price of hand sanitiser for example?), and they’re going to do so, which is why governments should step in and limit their capacity to do so for the sake of public health. Over here, OTT didn’t cancel ScrapperMania until Leo Varadkar made it impossible for them not to do so two days beforehand. I don’t consider them ‘evil’ for that despite the safety risks even with what we knew at the time, many people were already trying to sell their tickets because they made a personal decision not to go. People who run wrestling promotions won’t necessarily make decisions that improve public safety because it’s not their job and they’re not actually qualified to decide one way or the other, so the people who are should step in when necessary. That happened here, it didn’t elsewhere.

What this situation speaks for is more of the ****-show America has become in managing the crisis overall and how the gaps that have been left open have led to situations which clearly shouldn’t be happening. In any right-thinking country not led by elected lunatics, there’d just be a blanket ban put on all activities of this nature. That’d also offer contractual protection to the likes of WWE or AEW, who could argue in future disputes they’d have been breaking the law by continuing to tape, which would make the situation better. None of that has been done so here we are.

Just to piggyback of a point in leggo's post. America is long past the **** show stage of managing this crisis. But given the incumbent holed up in the White House, it's hardly a surprise to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince has now banned any mention of Roman Regins on WWE TV going forward as he won't be on TV for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Vince has now banned any mention of Roman Regins on WWE TV going forward as he won't be on TV for months.

Royal rumble 2021 win it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

It's not that unusual. If I guy is gone for a period of time they rarely get mention on T.V. How many time was Jeff Hardy mention on T.V. while he was out? as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Meltzer contacted people at Fox & USA and has it confirmed they are paying WWE as normal as long as the programming is first run - whether live or not.

So why Vince didn't just tape everything over a week and let everyone sit home is anyones guess. Crazy old man, basically.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Starting this week after Raw WWE will be taping shows every two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

So in theory, you tape then have to self-isolate for 2 weeks. Then have to go back to taping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Ryan Satin saying a realised star is back tonight?

Rusev and Lana to re-join as a couple?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

My guess is Sarah Logan.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mike and Maria are making an announcement on Raw tonight. Whatever that means for their WWE Status.

Loughc wrote: »
    Mike and Maria are making an announcement on Raw tonight. Whatever that means for their WWE Status.

Mike is not the father of the new baby. One last skit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Definitely staying up for that. Should be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe Rusev turns up and Lashley challenges him to a match where the loser gets Lana

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe Rusev turns up and Lashley challenges him to a match where the loser gets Lana

I don't think Rusev is that much of a ****head.

J. Marston wrote: »
    My guess is Sarah Logan.

That's the good word.

That's the good word.

I reckon she'll be in an arm cast to sell Shayna's attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Lana not released with Rusev?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Nope

I suspect Lana would be harder to cut as I believe she is on Total Divas? Could be wrong on that, I don't pay close attention, but you never want to piss off your TV partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I suspect Lana would be harder to cut as I believe she is on Total Divas? Could be wrong on that, I don't pay close attention, but you never want to piss off your TV partners.

I just checked on the WWE network which has all the seasons of the show and under the featured shows section she isn't one of the six women on the tab(which I presume is the most recent line up) for total divas. I think she was but the six women I can see are nia jax, natalya, Ronda, Sonya deville, Naomi, and Carmella.

No she signed a new 5 year deal a few months back.

Rusev held out and was refusing to sign so it is no real surprise he was released

For a married couple its quiet a smart move she has a very decent income from the WWE and he can now work for the best offer that will come in for him and good offers will come and that may well be from the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

cian68 wrote: »

The good news just keeps on coming for Vince McMahon doesn't it.

The league is dead ... but the XFL's behind-the-scenes drama is very much alive!

Oliver Luck -- who was the highly touted commissioner and CEO of the new XFL -- has sued Vince McMahon claiming he was wrongfully terminated after the league folded up shop.

In his suit, Luck -- father of NFL star Andrew Luck -- says he received a termination letter spelling out the case against him on April 9. Luck says the allegations are pure BS and he denies any wrongdoing.

Luck says he fulfilled his end of the bargain, running the league since it's resurrection in May 2018 -- only to be "wrongfully terminated."

As for the specific allegations, Luck redacted the details in his lawsuit -- most likely due to a confidentiality agreement he signed with the company.

In other words, he doesn't want to breach the contract by dishing out the dirt ... at least, not yet.

As we previously reported, the XFL closed its doors, laid off staff and filed for bankruptcy ... claiming the COVID-19 pandemic essentially killed the business.

Luck is suing Vince personally seeking to hold the WWE honcho responsible for paying out a guaranteed portion of his contract.

Unclear how much cash is on the line -- but we're guessing it's a good chunk of change.

We're reaching out to Vince's camp for comment -- so far, no word back.

TMZ Link

https://twitter.com/SBJLizMullen/status/1252641373687177217?s=20

EWJGn1aUEAIAJsf?format=png&name=900x900

The Athletic have a piece on this which implies this is a very personal thing - Luck worked closely with Vince, received his termination by letter and Vince wouldn't speak with him. Notable that he was not fired because the company went under - Vince fired him 'for cause' which essentially means he found a reason to sack him so he wouldn't have to pay him, a day before folding XFL. Vince has terrific legal people but Luck is hardly broke so I am sure he will get a decent team & a settlement in the end.

The lengths Vince will go to in order to make sure he dies with as much money as possible to his name is quite something. He is such a complete and utter piece of sh*t.

The Athletic have a piece on this which implies this is a very personal thing - Luck worked closely with Vince, received his termination by letter and Vince wouldn't speak with him. Notable that he was not fired because the company went under - Vince fired him 'for cause' which essentially means he found a reason to sack him so he wouldn't have to pay him, a day before folding XFL. Vince has terrific legal people but Luck is hardly broke so I am sure he will get a decent team & a settlement in the end.

The lengths Vince will go to in order to make sure he dies with as much money as possible to his name is quite something. He is such a complete and utter piece of sh*t.

I honestly don't get this, he'll be dead so what's the point of making sure he die's with as much of it to his name as possible, it's not like he'll be able to spend it. Must be a rich man thing.

• Advertisement

His self worth is his bank balance since he quite clearly loathes everything else about himself - like being redneck and a rasslin' promoter.

Advertisement