Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

briany wrote: »

:D

That is ****ing fantastic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭briany

That is ****ing fantastic :pac:

It's a brilliant impression of Ventura - he's even got the little head shimmy that Jesse does down to a tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sky88 wrote: »

I can’t see any justification for that whatsoever, it’s literally one of the least important things to reintroduce in the grand scheme of things. Looks like Florida are trying their best to become the American equivalent of Lombardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

America is an awful shíthole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »

It is gonna end badly, question is what will the American body count be when it's all over and done with.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    I can’t see any justification for that whatsoever, it’s literally one of the least important things to reintroduce in the grand scheme of things. Looks like Florida are trying their best to become the American equivalent of Lombardy.

Republican governor, a Republican President, it's an Election year, the economy's in the toilet/staring down the barrel of a recession. That's their justification.
    J. Marston wrote: »

No America's fine, it's the leadership that's a shambolic ****hole. Completely bereft of logic, ignorant of science and facts.

Flip it around, had Hillary and the Democrats won in 2016, they wouldn't be in such a deep mess. They'd have better control of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just look at the armed militia in State capitals throughout America wanting the end to lockdowns that Country is so divided and close to civil war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Find the news about Florida really disconcerting. As I had mentioned here, I was to be in Florida the week of Wrestlemania to see family. My aunt has COPD & my uncle has cancer & they're late 50's and they live in Ft Lauderdale. The idea that the state is being so reckless with this is really unnerving to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭kksaints

Whatever about the state allowing fans to attend (which is a horrible idea but Republican states gonna do Republican things), you'd have to be incredibly reckless or stupid to think attending a wrestling event in the current climate is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

J. Marston wrote: »

Nah it's pretty good to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Trump is a fool. Hes thinking like a greedy business man and his whole handling of this crisis is nothing short of shambolic.

First he ignored it until it was too late. He didnt listen to medical experts. He tried to hock an untest drug to Americans which turned out it had a negative effect on suffers.

He encourages reopening despite it being ill advised. He encourages citizens revolt against Governors. He acts slow in provided essential equipment.

Hes a joke. He spews unrelaible and in some cases false info as fact, he downplays the seriousness of Covid 19 to an ignorant level and uses his press meetings to pat himself on the back despite his failings.

He will most likely get reelected too. Its mind boggling.

Politics in America is toxic. Sure Joe Exotic got 19 percent of the vote in his governor election in Oklahoma. 19 ****ing percent.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Trump is a fool. Hes thinking like a greedy business man and his whole handling of this crisis is nothing short of shambolic.

First he ignored it until it was too late. He didnt listen to medical experts. He tried to hock an untest drug to Americans which turned out it had a negative effect on suffers.

He encourages reopening despite it being ill advised. He encourages citizens revolt against Governors. He acts slow in provided essential equipment.

Hes a joke. He spews unrelaible and in some cases false info as fact, he downplays the seriousness of Covid 19 to an ignorant level and uses his press meetings to pat himself on the back despite his failings.

He will most likely get reelected too. Its mind boggling.

Politics in America is toxic. Sure Joe Exotic got 19 percent of the vote in his governor election in Oklahoma. 19 ****ing percent.

He got 19% of the vote (600 votes in a state with a population of 4 million) to elect a Libertarian party candidate to run for Governor and finished last in that he didn't get elected to run for Governor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So I guess I totally misinterpreted that ...... doh

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So I guess I totally misinterpreted that ...... doh

Your point still stands politics in America is toxic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Hope she has success, she seems like a really sound person. Sounds like she has a few things lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Happy for Becky. When you consider where she was a few years ago before she came to WWE and where she is now, she's come a long way. Now she's getting all sort of opportunities. Not bad for someone who never won the NXT women's Championship and was booked as the lesser of the four horsewomen for a time. Now she's probably No.1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seems to be chatter she's signed up for some sort of role in a Marvel film too.

She's no Rock but a Hollywood heel turn could be great fun.

She was awful in The Marine 6.

Whats worse is I have watched all 6 Marine films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can't wait for The Miz to take all the credit for giving her her big break.

She was awful in The Marine 6.

Whats worse is I have watched all 6 Marine films.

Which means your judgement cannot be trusted in any way, shape or form :D

Yeah I'm not convinced she's going to be a great actress as such, but she's better than most of the wrestlers, delivers her lines and owns her character at least which is a start. And she has a different look so I can see why there would be interest.

Excited to see her in the Marvel series.

Just watched Billions. Becky's cameo was a bit of fun, she was just being "The Man" as she is on Raw but got to throw in some swearing as well and some wrestling talk about kayfabe and doing the job. Looked like she was enjoying it.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Just watched Billions. Becky's cameo was a bit of fun, she was just being "The Man" as she is on Raw but got to throw in some swearing as well and some wrestling talk about kayfabe and doing the job. Looked like she was enjoying it.

Was she playing herself??

Yeah introduced as "the world champion, The Man, Becky Lynch". Credited as Rebecca Quin.

So not really an acting gig as such just a cameo gig as herself.

Pretty much yeah. She even did a bit of physical stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Scott Hall deleted or deactivated his twitter account after this response to Session Moth Martina. She said he had offered to pay for her boob job!! :pac:

EXQYKJ1XQAEd8HT?format=jpg&name=large

Advertisement