Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

DM_7 wrote: »
    Never heard of him.

I have now.

Easy way to get noticed is say **** about people.

We couldn't get through 5 minutes of his Netflix special a few weeks ago. Terrible act.

Thin skins abount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Thin skins abount.

Difference between being thin skinned and thinking someone is a tool for saying something like that. Imagine saying wrestling is for retards then comparing it to the special Olympics and saying it's not a real competition. Career suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thin skins abount.

No they don't. Wrestling fans know that it's scripted so using that as some kind of insult doesn't work. It's the claim it's fake when having been in a wrestling ring once ever, it's not a mattress. It's a hard solid surface so it's clear why it hurts. My bigger issue is him having a go at the special Olympics and him saying it's wasn't a real competition. I know someone who has represented Ireland at the special Olympics and the medal they won seemed very real when I held it and also the happiness they had because they won it was real.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Very informative piece with some new information on the Nancy Argentino murder by Jimmy Snuka:

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/jimmy-snuka-girlfriend-nancy-argentino-death

The cliff notes in terms of new information is that one Vince McMahon had pleaded with Nancy Argentino not to press charge when Snuka assaulted her in January 1983, then enlisted her to assist Snuka in making towns as he is illiterate and had a very heavy drug problem at the town. When Snuka killed Argentino in May 1983, Vince lied to police and claimed that he was unaware Snuka had been violent toward her in the past. Which is added to the story Snuka himself told in his book that Vince went into a meeting with police with a briefcase, and then left without it.

What a grossly immoral piece of s**t Vince really is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wait hold up? You don’t like Vince??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I feel like the more that comes out about the Jimmy Snuka case the more it will haunt Vince in the long term. He can't escape it now. The deeper people dig the more they will find. If we got a documentary series about the Nancy Argentino murder like Tiger King it would really open people's eyes to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Loughc wrote: »
    Wait hold up? You don’t like Vince??

Vince is the Carole Baskin to Monokne’s Joe Exotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

leggo wrote: »
    Vince is the Carole Baskin to Monokne’s Joe Exotic.

Does that make you Doc Antle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

^ Hopefully gets the love it deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Monokne wrote: »
    What a grossly immoral piece of s**t Vince really is.

I'd say we have only heard the tip of the iceberg with McMahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Omackeral wrote: »
    Does that make you Doc Antle?

If you like but keep in mind that, whatever way you look at it, that makes you the person who follows whoever I am around for years obsessively heckling me off camera who the producers deemed too weird to put in the f’n Tiger King. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oh meow!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

sky88 wrote: »

Jesus is right. Just from that picture Alberto looks like he's orbiting the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus is right. Just from that picture Alberto looks like he's orbiting the earth.

Didn’t Paige say he’s murder for the devils dandruff?

Didn’t Paige say he’s murder for the devils dandruff?

There was a lot of stuff said about both of them at the time so it's very possible she said that.

There was a lot of stuff said about both of them at the time so it's very possible she said that.

Gas. Alberto is only 42. Still should be in WWE making millions of dollars. One of very few Mexican wrestlers to be a main eventer in the company and he throws it all away.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That mugshot speaks volumes really.

Gas. Alberto is only 42. Still should be in WWE making millions of dollars. One of very few Mexican wrestlers to be a main eventer in the company and he throws it all away.

Eddy, rey, and Alberto ? If that's the list then you're right it's a very short list.

• Advertisement

That mugshot speaks volumes really.

Stop. The phrase a picture speaks volumes comes to mind. I don't know what he's on but he's clearly not just drinking water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Eddy, rey, and Alberto ? If that's the list then you're right it's a very short list.

Texas and Cali

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Eddie and Rey are American born and breed of Mexican decent.

Alberto is true Mexican born.

Eddie and Rey are American born and breed of Mexican decent.

Alberto is true Mexican born.

You could argue that, and you'd be correct. But of Mexican heritage it's really only Rey, eddy and Alberto himself.

I'm not surprised about Alberto tho. I forget the wrestler who said it but accordingly the Mexican scene is full of cocaine and even heroin. Think it was X-Pac.

And since Alberto cut his teeth there it's no shock sadly he's on it. Messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Didnt Alberto show up in Coppers a few years ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Well as we know from wrestlemania 12 and the hbk entrance, vince didn't/won't ask anybody to do something he wouldn't do. Although at his age I'd assumed that he wouldn't actually do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sky88 wrote: »

That article really doesn’t reflect well on Gronkowski at all. That dive was safer than running the ropes with all the bulk there to catch him. I get that he was probably focused on returning to handegg at that point and might have been terrified of picking up an injury, but why is he doing anything wrestling related in that case?

Don’t blame Vince for embarrassing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭briany

Although at his age I'd assumed that he wouldn't actually do it.

Yes, but as has also been established, Vince McMahon is a functional insane person.

Maybe that's a bit too far. There's that great story about the Dudley Boyz where they did a move to Mae Young in the ring, and Bubba Dudley was as gentle with her as he possibly could be. When they got to the back, Mae grabbed his arm and said, "Hey, hot-shot. When you slam me, I want you to slam me like one of the boys."

The next thing they did with Mae was to powerbomb her off the stage. Bubba said that in performing this move, Mae pretty much led it and threw herself off the stage. She also farted in Bubba's face upon impact.

Point being that an old timer may look frail, but they're really tough in actuality. I guess Vince falls under that heading. Still don't know how he, at 74, gets by on a few hours of sleep a night before heading down to the gym for a workout, and then doing a whole day's work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Didnt Alberto show up in Coppers a few years ago ?

I need to hear more about this

Advertisement