Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't know what the **** got into him this week. Even his co host Brian last was trying to get him back on some path.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I don't think people realise how much Jim is absolutely coining it at the moment. Saying the most controversial stuff you can get away with will draw him so many more listeners and revenue. It's going so well, he was always going to up the ante and I'm sure there's worse to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It doesn't sound like they were planning to have a kid just yet but when they find out she's pregnant, without getting into a discussion on the morality of alternatives, it's entirely natural for them to decide they want to have it. They're not going to be stuck for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Wow, it's almost like Jim Cornette is an A55hole who takes the controversial road to get attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He's a shock jock and doesn't deserve the attention he gets. A dinosaur from a bygone era.

It's pretty smart for Becky to get pregnant, to be honest. She has achieved all there is to achieve in wrestling now and done most of it in under 2 years. She got a new contract that is presumably huge and offers outside wrestling too. If they don't work out, WWE will gladly take her back.

She could be part-time but since WWE are supposedly moving away from house shows by the time she comes back, a full-time WWE schedule may be 5 nights a month (4 Raws/Smackdown and the PPV).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think it works out well for Becky, as people have said she has pretty much done everything over the last 2 years. With being out of the spotlight for the next year + it will mean when she returns it will be fresher feuds (with hopefully new stars who have been built up but at the same time knowing wwe it will probably just be Charlotte).

Also its great to see Becky choosing her personal life over her job, as said maybe the baby wasnt planned at this time but at the same time it can only be a good thing. With Cornette saying she has years left before having a baby etc is ridiculous as no one knows what could happen over the years which could affect having a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

NWA took him off programming. There's no excuse any more for people who talk about him (me, right now I know). He's not thrust upon you, you have to seek him out. If you don't follow him on Twitter, if you don't listen to his podcast, boom! He's gone. It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Se even beat Ronda to getting pregnant there is the ready made kick off to restarting their feud if both want to return to the ring in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    He could've just said congratulations, say something like she'll be missed in the business while she's out, and left it at. But nah he had to go full blown crank.

Jimmy can make good points but he has clear anger issues. Brian Last does try to reel him in to be fair to him as well. More often than not I find him making very good points but this one of the few unfortunate circumstances where he lost the run of himself big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ol' corny can get "heated" alright in his tirades.
    That said I didn't get offended by what he said. Don't know why people should. It's Cornette he comes out with that stuff. Don't like him don't listen to him.

I understand what he means. Granted he could have phrased it better as we live in a PC world where everyone seems to get offended. But she's making great money now and the highest spot of her career. Of course it would make sense to make as much as you can and then when your career is winding down then start a family. It's her choice tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Can we not?

Feel free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

What a bizarre decision unless he requested a release

https://twitter.com/wrestlingsheet/status/1261817077955952640?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://pwinsider.com/article/136464/shocking-departure-from-wwe.html?p=1

Seems a strange one. According to the article his contract expired yesterday but both sides had been discussing a new deal before that.

Edit: Just read that this makes it 6 former Cruiserweight champions who have now been released (Swann, TJP, Neville, Enzo, Rush, Gulak).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sky88 wrote: »
    What a bizarre decision unless he requested a release

https://twitter.com/wrestlingsheet/status/1261817077955952640?s=21

'After losing to Daniel Bryan he decided to seek new adventures'

Michael Cole's way of putting it

J. Marston wrote: »

Seems a strange one. According to the article his contract expired yesterday but both sides had been discussing a new deal before that.

Edit: Just read that this makes it 6 former Cruiserweight champions who have now been released (Swann, TJP, Neville, Enzo, Rush, Gulak).

"A modern day bobby Heenan" ? Jesus let's not go mad here.

Also, speaking of contracts the undertaker is reported to have signed a 15 year contract with WWE in 2019. It appears to have been a vince reaction to taker booking his own shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Get Gulak to NJPW please, him vs ZSJ would be beautiful.

J. Marston wrote: »

And because it’s a contract ending could show up on dynamite on Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was only listening to the Cryme Tyme entrance today and thinking fondly of them. That’s really sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Not sure if anyone on here reads 411 Mania but just saw that Larry Csonka has died. Anyone who uses the site would be familiar with his show reviews, they were a valuable resource, I'd say I have been reading them for the guts of ten years. Sucks about Shad too, bad day. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

John Oliver on sport and Cronoavrius.

From minute 11 he talks Florida and the WWE, AEW & UFC

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

John Oliver on sport and Cronoavrius.

From minute 11 he talks Florida and the WWE, AEW & UFC

Fair play to anyone who gets as far as minute 11. :eek:

That is an insufferable watch.

As bad as watching RAW live with all those ads.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Fair play to anyone who gets as far as minute 11. :eek:

That is an insufferable watch.

As bad as watching RAW live with all those ads.

Nothing is as bad as those BT ads

'Think you got a puncture mate ' (he seems a prick whoever he is)

That ric Flair ad

'Usually I'd be making a joke but I got something more important to say'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭briany

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Also, speaking of contracts the undertaker is reported to have signed a 15 year contract with WWE in 2019. It appears to have been a vince reaction to taker booking his own shots.

I can't believe that even Vince McMahon would begrudge Taker making a few quid in personal appearances that aren't directly sponsored by WWE. At the end of the day, Undertaker is nearly as much of a loyal WWE guy as Triple H is and would always be an exemplary ambassador for the company whether its in an official capacity or not. It's hardly like he's going to show up in AEW as the Overgiver.

But having said all that, I don't mind him continuing to maintain a working relationship with WWE. His gimmick is one of the few that doesn't lose any luster by becoming older. Since it is a character fixated on death, it gains an intensity as the man behind it is that much nearer to dying. He wouldn't have to wrestle, but just show up once in a while and give a badass promo, such as Jake the Snake is doing in AEW right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a follow up, LA police have now called off the search for Shad Gaspard having failed to find him :/

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As a follow up, LA police have now called off the search for Shad Gaspard having failed to find him :/

Very sad for all involved

The sea is relentless when you're on the wrong side of it

Lord TSC wrote: »

Well ****. Seemed like a really good guy.

• Advertisement

That's messed up. Life is random isn't it?
    He's only 39, He put the work in to get to WWE, he went out there night in and night out putting his body on the line as anything can happen, stopped an arm robbery in 2016 and for only this to happen.

That's sad.

Advertisement