Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reading his wiki and saw he did the motion capture for Kratos in God of War. Pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

There was a report saying that him and his son were struggling and he asked the coastguard to help his son instead of him. It's a small comfort that at least his son survived. Horrifying story, so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very sad for all involved

The sea is relentless when you're on the wrong side of it

I got caught in a rip in Bondi Beach before, it is so scary to think about how you can take that sheer power for granted. At 6'1 16 stone, i never really had much trouble physically, but i have never felt such a loss of power over my own body. I can only imagine the fear that went through his mind and to still think about his son in that situation is just a new level of superhuman , i cannot even fathom. A hero

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ThePott wrote: »
    There was a report saying that him and his son were struggling and he asked the coastguard to help his son instead of him. It's a small comfort that at least his son survived. Horrifying story, so sad.

What a hero dad, poor family though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Damn that's sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nikki Bella is claiming negligence by WWE towards her neck injury and WWE had stories removed from her book.

That is some statement from a major money making star still within the comapny.
    "I asked for an MRI, but they told me that it wouldn't show anything," Bella wrote. "They had no answer when I explained that my legs were going numb and giving out on me in matches, that I could only lie down in bed for a few hours at a time. Finally I had an MRI. I was in Austin, Texas, and I was backstage. A doctor came up to me to say: 'Just so you know, we're not going to find anything.' I would have given anything for that to be true."

Bella wrote that at one point she texted a WWE official, "Is it because I'm a woman that I don't get the same treatment as the male Superstars?"

The doctors wound up telling her she was on the "cusp of being paralyzed" due to an extreme herniation that had stopped spinal fluid from reaching her C6 and C7 vertebrae.

"I was really frustrated because I felt like if I were a male Superstar, I'd be getting radically different treatment instead of being instructed to just sit at home and pray,"

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-nikki-bella-accuses-wwe-mishandling-neck-injury-paralysis-death/

Nikki Bella Says WWE Had Certain Stories Removed From Her Book "Incomparable"

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/nikki-bella-wwe-john-cena-removed-stories-from-book-incomparable-censored/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Nikki Bella is claiming negligence by WWE towards her neck injury and WWE had stories removed from her book.

That is some statement from a major money making star still within the comapny.

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-nikki-bella-accuses-wwe-mishandling-neck-injury-paralysis-death/

Nikki Bella Says WWE Had Certain Stories Removed From Her Book "Incomparable"

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/nikki-bella-wwe-john-cena-removed-stories-from-book-incomparable-censored/

there such a bizarre and odd company

i know everyone needs the money still but if you have a situation like shes saying why would you go back if you think they risked your body like that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

sky88 wrote: »
    there such a bizarre and odd company

i know everyone needs the money still but if you have a situation like shes saying why would you go back if you think they risked your body like that

It is also odd than an 'independent contractor' or indeed any sensible adult would not seek out another doctor if they felt it their care was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Male and Female alike, they're all scared of losing their push and/or spot so they do stupid things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Officals at Venice Beach have confirmed they have found a body in the area Shad Gaspard went missing, but have not confirmed it is actually him yet.

(which feels like code for "We can't legally say it's him until his next of kin confirms his identity but yeah, it's him...")

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Officals at Venice Beach have confirmed they have found a body in the area Shad Gaspard went missing, but have not confirmed it is actually him yet.

(which feels like code for "We can't legally say it's him until his next of kin confirms his identity but yeah, it's him...")

So sad

But at least they got a body back but still just so so sad

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

On the one hand I'm not surprised by the WWE attitude to it's performers, on the other hand I find it amazing that a high profile company are willing to be so blase and take risks on neck injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Shad Gaspard's body has been found washed up on a beach:(

Real sad case, I couldn't see it ending any other way, but had hoped it would end on a happier note.

RIP Big Man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Unfortunately it was just unlikely that this would ever end any other way.
    At the very least they have recovered his body and can get some manner of closure.

RIP Shad, he died a hero

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ThePott wrote: »
    Unfortunately it was just unlikely that this would ever end any other way.
    At the very least they have recovered his body and can get some manner of closure.

RIP Shad, he died a hero

RIP Shad

hall of fame next year, Warrior award

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Saddened to hear about Shad Gaspard's death. Loved the Cryme Tyme backstage segment with King Booker.

Never heard of riptides or rip currents before today. Scary stuff. Found a useful video on them here:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP Shad

hall of fame next year, Warrior award

They should rename the award for him never mind give him the award posthumously. Shad gaspard from all the things his ex WWE colleagues have said and for what he did with the armed robbery and what he did protecting his son he's clearly a good guy unlike the ultimate warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭cena

Sad what happened. But at least they get a bury him now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started watching NXT and they had an "In Memory of" card for him.
    Tragic what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Meltzer is reporting Flair is no longer under contract with the WWE.

What are the chances he joins up with Tully and Arn at AEW for a reunion.

• Advertisement

throw enough money at ric he will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Khan has the cheque book out already, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Would have hoped AEW would be reisistant to and less reliant on wasting money bringing in 'ye oldies' when you look at the talent they have at their disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Saddened to hear about Shad Gaspard's death. Loved the Cryme Tyme backstage segment with King Booker.

Never heard of riptides or rip currents before today. Scary stuff. Found a useful video on them here:

I got caught in one about 20 years ago in Massachusetts during hurricane season, I know I know.

I knew what it was but when I turned around to see how far out I was it was a little scary. Took a few minutes to swim back in. As the video says, don't panic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ric just confirmed on Twitter he signed a new contract with WWE. Poor big Dave Meltzy will be heartbroken not to have him at AEW :(

Loughc wrote: »
    Ric just confirmed on Twitter he signed a new contract with WWE. Poor big Dave Meltzy will be heartbroken not to have him at AEW :(

Metlzy is wrong again ? Well colour me shocked Loughc. So another reason not to take everything he says as gospel because while he clearly has connections he's not right every time like some people think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Metlzy is wrong again ? Well colour me shocked Loughc. So another reason not to take everything he says as gospel because while he clearly has connections he's not right every time like some people think.

I2SXzKbSpMYKnMuQ-6tUnmaWBwA=.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Maybe I'm off here but did Meltzer say Flair's contract with WWE had expired (true, given we've just seen him re-sign a new contract) so I'm not entirely sure what he's wrong about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Haha do I want to know what sim of money Ric shaked out of Vince for the occasional geriatric appearance.

• Advertisement

Haha do I want to know what sim of money Ric shaked out of Vince for the occasional geriatric appearance.

No idea but stylin and profilin ain't cheap.

Advertisement