Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Haha do I want to know what sim of money Ric shaked out of Vince for the occasional geriatric appearance.

Id say at this stage Ric probably took whatever Vince offered him

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Spud to burn his bridges forever with the WWE and turn up and be the 9th man in the ladder match while also still on NXT TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Spud to burn his bridges forever with the WWE and turn up and be the 9th man in the ladder match while also still on NXT TV.

Is NXT being filmed live or are they taping few shows at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

sky88 wrote: »
    Is NXT being filmed live or are they taping few shows at a time

Did you see that edit of the Dream /Cole elbow? Judging by that they're taping and sticking this stuff together in different galaxies.

• Advertisement

Did you see that edit of the Dream /Cole elbow? Judging by that they're taping and sticking this stuff together in different galaxies.

im not really watching weekly stuff at all

but just checked that out well thats a choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

So all 4 are AEW bound now or is EC3 it’s trolling the net?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So all 4 are AEW bound now or is EC3 it’s trolling the net?

What did he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Anyone here watch STARDOM or into any joshi? Just seen Hana Kimura has passed away, reports saying she took her own life because of cyber bullying.

Really good in-ring with lots of potential, and worst of all only 22. Terrible week for wrestling with this, Larry Csonka and Shad.

Anyone here watch STARDOM or into any joshi? Just seen Hana Kimura has passed away, reports saying she took her own life because of cyber bullying.

Really good in-ring with lots of potential, and worst of all only 22. Terrible week for wrestling with this, Larry Csonka and Shad.

I'm out of the loop on joshi but by all accounts Hana was going to be a big star and was ingrained in the business through her mother.

It's all over my timeline at the moment but what really strikes home about the beautiful messages pouring in for her this morning is that this was a 22 year old, vibrant, social and talented girl that's gone and the people mourning her are in and around the same age, young adults. You see the names and you have a perception that these are superheroes, and what they do is incredible, but before the shows and after the shows, a lot of them are young adults and honestly wrestling fandom needs to take a look at itself for how it treats its heroes. Going to someone's profile and verbally abusing them online because you watch them for 20 minutes once every couple of weeks is not acceptable.

Also the Terrace House stans are trash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://streamable.com/fvy4pj

This was the incident that seemingly put her in the "villain" role in the show, according to some on Reddit.

The fans are the ones who verbally abused her and caused this but the producers/editors of these "reality" shows always seem to slink away without blame despite being the puppetmasters.

22, no age.

That’s absolutely tragic 22 just no age at all

I'm out of the loop on joshi but by all accounts Hana was going to be a big star and was ingrained in the business through her mother.

It's all over my timeline at the moment but what really strikes home about the beautiful messages pouring in for her this morning is that this was a 22 year old, vibrant, social and talented girl that's gone and the people mourning her are in and around the same age, young adults. You see the names and you have a perception that these are superheroes, and what they do is incredible, but before the shows and after the shows, a lot of them are young adults and honestly wrestling fandom needs to take a look at itself for how it treats its heroes. Going to someone's profile and verbally abusing them online because you watch them for 20 minutes once every couple of weeks is not acceptable.

Also the Terrace House stans are trash.

Only 22 but she had already done a lot in her short wrestling career. Debut in Wrestle-1, two time Artist of Stardom champion (one in a team with her mom Kyoko), leader of the Tokyo Cyber Squad, winner of the 2019 5STAR Grand Prix, part of that crazy 6-person tag against Suzuki, Kong & Satomura, plus performed at both MSG and the Tokyo Dome. Terrible loss!

Only 22 but she had already done a lot in her short wrestling career. Debut in Wrestle-1, two time Artist of Stardom champion (one in a team with her mom Kyoko), leader of the Tokyo Cyber Squad, winner of the 2019 5STAR Grand Prix, part of that crazy 6-person tag against Suzuki, Kong & Satomura, plus performed at both MSG and the Tokyo Dome. Terrible loss!

Thanks mate. You'd have thought post Covid Stardom with the Bushi Road ownership would've been on the rise too, I'd imagine this must be a blow to them. But ye it's horrible, my youngest brother is 22 and like I can't even imagine someone that young dying in circumstances like that, it's so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sure 22 is no age at all. Awful awful ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sad and have to agree 22 is so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Not to be voyeuristic but does anyone know what the nature of the bullying was? From what I've seen and heard she was a young, beautiful and most importantly accomplished for her age.

The world at her feet. So sad.

Not to be voyeuristic but does anyone know what the nature of the bullying was? From what I've seen and heard she was a young, beautiful and most importantly accomplished for her age.

The world at her feet. So sad.

Seemed to be on a reality show we’re some if it came from but I’m sure someone would know better who watches stardom

Both Kairi and Io saw her tweet just after she posted it as it was afternoon in the States however by the time they got through to friends it was too late.

How sad all round. RIP.

Yeh it was a reality show, the link was thrown up earlier. Like some Big Brother type show I guess, seems she got into an argument with a lad because he used the washing machine when her stuff was already in it (turns out apparently it was the custom made gear she had for WK14 so no wonder she wanted to look after it), they had words and she knocked his hat off his head is basically it.

So insignificant it shouldn't have warranted any reaction but the rest unfortunately is history. I know online wrestling fans can get labelled as toxic, and no doubt rightfully so in some cases, but the messages she was getting over this was next level abuse, people gleefully wishing death on her etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Animals. Wishing her to die just cause she got in to some small argument with someone on a reality show. Who knows that bit could have been scripted too! But that's here nor there at this point.

People are animals.

Yeh it was a reality show, the link was thrown up earlier. Like some Big Brother type show I guess, seems she got into an argument with a lad because he used the washing machine when her stuff was already in it (turns out apparently it was the custom made gear she had for WK14 so no wonder she wanted to look after it), they had words and she knocked his hat off his head is basically it.

So insignificant it shouldn't have warranted any reaction but the rest unfortunately is history. I know online wrestling fans can get labelled as toxic, and no doubt rightfully so in some cases, but the messages she was getting over this was next level abuse, people gleefully wishing death on her etc.

Jesus people wishing someone dead over someone knocking a hat off someone's head ? Is the world that bloody sensitive now ?

Wrestling fans can take things too seriously at time I agree but wishing death goes beyond wrestling fandom.

Animals. Wishing her to die just cause she got in to some small argument with someone on a reality show. Who knows that bit could have been scripted too! But that's here nor there at this point.

People are animals.

The scene in father Ted about small and fair away comes to mind when you read some of the comments people directed at her. Some people need a good Kick up the hole because they are vile stuff.

I'll be honest my knowledge of Japanese wrestling isn't as detailed as some here and the name rang a bell but I couldn't say if I've ever seen a match of hers, but it's still sad. I mean she seems to have had the world at her feet and that's all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Only 22 so young RIP, the internet can be a bad thing at times, troll keyboard warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seen this on CNN's Twitter, that Japan are to discuss cyberbullying laws after death of wrestler and 'Terrace House' star, Hana Kimura.
    Japanese government officials are calling for action against cyberbullying, amid a national outpouring of grief after the death of professional wrestler and reality television star Hana Kimura.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/26/asia/hana-kimura-death-terrace-house-intl-hnk-scli/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_content=2020-05-26T09%3A52%3A02&utm_medium=social

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I don't know is it carelessness or just plain bad luck, but another incident has happened with Nia Jax in the ring. During a match (taped) with Kairi Sane recently, Kairi suffered what was described as a significant head injury, cutting her head outside the ring. Match had to be stopped, such was the blood loss, but once patched up, Kairi insisted on continuing

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I don't know is it carelessness or just plain bad luck, but another incident has happened with Nia Jax in the ring. During a match (taped) with Kairi Sane recently, Kairi suffered what was described as a significant head injury, cutting her head outside the ring. Match had to be stopped, such was the blood loss, but once patched up, Kairi insisted on continuing

Thrown and hit her head against the corner of the stairs according to Fightful. So it's carelessness on Nia's part, I get it's wrestling, accidents can and will happen, but when Nia's got form for these kind of incidents, she doesn't paint herself as someone you'd wanna be stuck with in a storyline/match, plus it's her 2nd incident with Kairi after the botched turnbuckle spot last month.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Thrown and hit her head against the corner of the stairs according to Fightful. So it's carelessness on Nia's part, I get it's wrestling, accidents can and will happen, but when Nia's got form for these kind of incidents, she doesn't paint herself as someone you'd wanna be stuck with in a storyline/match, plus it's her 2nd incident with Kairi after the botched turnbuckle spot last month.

shes also had the becky one dropped charlotte on her head instead of shoulder on a shoulder breaker and im sure a few others

• Registered Users Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Riddle101

gerrybbadd wrote: »

And nothing will be done about it of course. WWE will just write it off as an accident and Nia will continue to be allowed to wrestle carelessly and then probably brag about injuring her as well. Wouldn't be surprised if they blame Kairi instead for being injury prone.

• Advertisement

Is Nia trying to kill poor Kairi this comes after the bad buckle bomb weeks back.

Advertisement