Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Is Nia trying to kill poor Kairi this comes after the bad buckle bomb weeks back.

Or did Kairi pull the shortest straw of getting stuck in a feud with the lumbering oaf that is Nia Jax?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

As much as I can't stand Nia, we should see the bump first. Maybe Kairi took it wrong.

J. Marston wrote: »
    As much as I can't stand Nia, we should see the bump first. Maybe Kairi took it wrong.

Well given the match was filmed for next Monday's RAW, the bump will probably be edited out in a way that wouldn't be too noticeable. Unless you'd be well versed in knowing what's edited and what's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Jax is one of the Samoans.

Wrestling royalty

No way she’ll ever get fired

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wrestling royalty

The Samoans must have dirt on Vince

• Advertisement

Wrestling royalty

Wrestling royalty or not, that shouldn't give her licence be reckless with fellow talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wrestling royalty or not, that shouldn't give her licence be reckless with fellow talent.

It shouldn't but well here we are. And are the Samoans wrestling royalty ? I wouldn't say they are being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ah who knows about the Nia Jax situation...
    It's a weird one. Maybe she gives too much gusto for things on TV ...
    Maybe she has the typical "big man syndrome" (well, big woman in this case) where larger wrestlers like the other to play ragdoll. Happened throughout the ages. Will happen throughout the future.
    Maybe it's both? You'd have to get in there and work with her.

Then again the wrestling biz is all about getting your sh*t in. Some take that too far. My two cents is that I wouldn't be shocked she likes to give the rag doll to those she works with.shes bigger than most. Probably always complaining about how who could beat her "legitimately" - I base that on, again, the whole big man syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The worst Nia Jax incident for me is the one where she moves out of the way of Charlotte's moonsault to the outside instead of taking the move like she's supposed to so Charlotte can have a safe landing

Botches happen, they happen a lot for her it seems, but the literal moving out of the way, that's a line crossed for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It shouldn't but well here we are. And are the Samoans wrestling royalty ? I wouldn't say they are being honest.

Samoans less than the fact that she's the Rock's cousin and 'she' thinks she's entitled to do what she likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Jax is just bad at the job. Its not about gender. If she worked in an post and couldnt find the post office while kicking peoples dogs in the face, she would be fired.

Awful. No charisma, no skill and very very very very very little ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jax is just bad at the job. Its not about gender. If she worked in an post and couldnt find the post office while kicking peoples dogs in the face, she would be fired.

Awful. No charisma, no skill and very very very very very little ability.

That's what Unions are for to stop the crap workers being fired in services like An Post she would just be shifted to a different role however she would still have a job with An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Yeah but a union won't work unless everyone wants to be treated equally. As long as top spots exist, then you won't get full sign up for a union.

Stop nitpicking and understand the point i am making mate. Take an post out of my post:pac:

That's what Unions are for to stop the crap workers being fired in services like An Post she would just be shifted to a different role however she would still have a job with An Post.

Video of what lead up to the guy being shot outside the performance center five years ago... you just hear the shot.

The dude is turning up there again now while they a filming episodes and the WWE are trying to get a restraining order.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Fairly basic spot no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Asuuming it was edited but looked like nia threw her with too much force and downwards not allowing kari the time to get protection from The spot

I think Nia just doesn’t know how you use here size and strength in a working way.

If that is the case the the trainers and producers also need to have a word with themselves that after years of training and producing her she hasn’t learned to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    Asuuming it was edited but looked like nia threw her with too much force and downwards not allowing kari the time to get protection from The spot

Well the throwing someone into the steps is a spot you have to throw your opponent in a way where they are able to turn and hit the steps with their back or shoulder. Kairi doesn't seem to have been able to turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It looks like kairi was trying to take a knee slide shoulder bump into the steps and she lost her footing...... I'm happy to call out ****ty spots but nia looks as safe as can be to me, she's got kairis hair so she's not in control of the bump....

Jax takes too many steps leaves no room and it causes the accident. It is a week 4 trainee mistake. Completely on her. Literally no time to get hands up etc due to the force she threw that tiny woman at the steps, along with leaving zero space.
    Amateur hour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Interesting point WeAreAllmarks,
    Nia doesn't give her enough of a run-up to take it. No different from giving someone a sh*t-can - grab the head, direct them and let them take their own bump.

It does look like Kairi is stumbling. One could argue that's just the sell. But I don't think so. Who knows.
    Maybe a combination of things. Nia is clearly calling the spot so maybe Kairi didnt quite hear and Nia was too close as it was.

I think Nia brings her a bit too close to the steps and doesn't give Kairi much of a chance to sort herself out.

The stumble is caused by the force she is being thrown at. That along with having no space or time to protect herself means she is going to get hurt. If Jax knew what she was doing, there would have been space for both to sell. Jax to sell the throw and the tiny woman time to prep and sell the damage.

Jax is just unsafe and awful. It is that simple. Incapable of doing her job. She is just awful! Shouldnt be drawing a wage from wrestling
    Interesting point WeAreAllmarks,
    Nia doesn't give her enough of a run-up to take it. No different from giving someone a sh*t-can - grab the head, direct them and let them take their own bump.

It does look like Kairi is stumbling. One could argue that's just the sell. But I don't think so. Who knows.
    Maybe a combination of things. Nia is clearly calling the spot so maybe Kairi didnt quite hear and Nia was too close as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

When I first watched it, I thought jax grabbed 2 handfuls of kairis hair, which would have meant that the momentum would have all been kairis but I watched it on a projector screen and jax palm shoots her with her left hand and that's what causes her to loose her balance..... Yeah jax is at fault here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

https://411mania.com/wrestling/bushiroad-preparing-to-resume-stardom-and-njpw-live-events-talent-to-take-antibody-tests/

Have missed New Japan, will be delighted to see it back, turns out the G1 move to October was maybe a blessing in disguise, hopefully by then things will have improved a good bit. Maybe fit some form of restructured BOSJ in too!

Florida will allowed 50% capacity at live sporting events from Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But wonder will they be allowing fans back so soon. I hope they let the wrestlers have a say. Though they probably want a crowd for Backlash.

Also money.

But isn't there 1 match on Takeover or Backlash that they said will be somewhere else?

Advertisement