Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jackie Daytona

Wasnt Jax complaining about Rhonda being dangerous and a liability in the ring on a podcast recently enough??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wasnt Jax complaining about Rhonda being dangerous and a liability in the ring on a podcast recently enough??

She went to management about her.

Good to look to any woman going to management about Rock, Roman and the Uso's relative. See where that takes your career.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But wonder will they be allowing fans back so soon. I hope they let the wrestlers have a say. Though they probably want a crowd for Backlash.

Also money.

But isn't there 1 match on Takeover or Backlash that they said will be somewhere else?

I think its either the Ciampa/Kross or the Dream/Cole match

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Dream/Cole match has already been filmed and it has been hinted that it is an amazing cinematic match.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Charlotte wants to do a Chyna and Tess and compete for the the men's titles.

I'd love to see her vs Brock.
    It’s something that I want to pursue but, if you look at the big picture when women are succeeding in different organizations all around the world, we’re all succeeding and we’re all winning from that, so for her to hold that accolade is just, we should support and be just extremely proud as a woman, to see her do that.

Because, when one’s doing well, we’re all doing well, and that is what has pretty much driven the Women’s Revolution is we work better in numbers. So, it’s not something that I think about right now. But I couldn’t be more proud and happy for what she is doing for women around the world.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/charlotte-flair-reveals-whether-ever-pursue-male-championship-praises-tessa-blanchard-exclusive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd genuinely prefer her as champion over Braun.

I reckon they'll have her win the men's title for her 17th title win. WWE love their moments.

J. Marston wrote: »

I reckon they'll have her win the men's title for her 17th title win. WWE love their Charlotte moments.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

NJPW is back Monday with a mystery show. Tuesday we begin the New Japan Cup. Running 2 nights at Osaka Jo Hall back to back with 33% capacity so that will be the New Japan Cup final and the 2nd night will be the New Japan Cup winner facing Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Heavyweight and IC titles.

The Lion Mark is back, hook it to my veins because it's not a moment too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

NJPW is back Monday with a mystery show. Tuesday we begin the New Japan Cup. Running 2 nights at Osaka Jo Hall back to back with 33% capacity so that will be the New Japan Cup final and the 2nd night will be the New Japan Cup winner facing Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Heavyweight and IC titles.

The real gold standard back, delighted, best wrestling company in the world. Some crackers announced for round one too, Ibushi/ZSJ, Shingo/SHO & Nagata/Suzuki. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I had forgotten that Tetsuya Naito had the IWGP Heavyweight & Intercontinental championships. Man it has been a while to say the least.
    The real gold standard back, delighted, best wrestling company in the world. Some crackers announced for round one too, Ibushi/ZSJ, Shingo/SHO & Nagata/Suzuki. Lovely.

Shush you might get done for gimmick infringement for that remark :pac:

Think it's time to refresh my memory on all things New Japan.

• Advertisement

Like even taking out the talent that are currently based/living internationally like Ospreay, KENTA, Juice ect. it's still such a stacked roster and honestly the lineup of this NJ Cup with the Juniors is way more exciting than the original NJ Cup lineup. My picks of the 1st round are those 3 matches plus Okada vs Gedo is a banger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »

I reckon they'll have her win the men's title for her 17th title win. WWE love their moments.

They'll somehow put the belt on someone like Drake Maverick to do the honours I'm sure. I can actually see it happening.

I don't know, controversial comment incoming but I can totally get why someone like Eli Drake would walk away from Impact when asked to do a job like that. There's suspending your disbelief and then there's Tessa's run with the Impact heavyweight championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just wondering where he was. Is that what happened?

So Luke Gallows was on Tama Tonga's podcast, Tama's Island. He shared this bit about him, Anderson and Styles leaving New Japan for WWE.
    It left a hole in our hearts too and then, not to cut you off but we’re sitting there in some hotel at 2 in the morning, with two bottles of f*cking $7 wine and we’re just going, ‘God damn it. What the f*ck. Why?’ ‘It was for the money.’ I know, but f*ck. There were a lot of nights of that and you know what? You gotta eat that. You gotta live that because you made the decision. You made the f*cking decision but we had so many of those nights and I, who it’s publicly noted, I’ve made a lot of bad decisions and I washed a lot of it down with bad sh*t and bad women, and I didn’t do good for a couple years with all that and it is what it is man. It sucked. I hated it and I thought we were — I can’t say the word I wanna say. I thought we were sellouts, I’ll say that.

Turns out too that Tama himself had verbally agreed to join WWE, only for that to be scuttled, when NJPW brought his brother Tonga into the fold. Which can be read here, as it's too long to post on it's own.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/06/09/post-news-update-tama-tonga-verbally-agreed-to-join-wwe-in-2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

John Cena has committed to donate $1 million dollars to the Black Lives Matter movement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So Luke Gallows was on Tama Tonga's podcast, Tama's Island. He shared this bit about him, Anderson and Styles leaving New Japan for WWE.

Turns out too that Tama himself had verbally agreed to join WWE, only for that to be scuttled, when NJPW brought his brother Tonga into the fold. Which can be read here, as it's too long to post on it's own.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/06/09/post-news-update-tama-tonga-verbally-agreed-to-join-wwe-in-2016/

I hope it works out for Gallows and Anderson but I find it hard to believe they were in too much turmoil. If you follow Anderson's Instagram he didn't look like he regretted taking the money one bit.

So to say they felt like sellouts just rings a bit hollow to me and that Gallows is trying to brown nose a certain section of fans.

I hope it works out for Gallows and Anderson but I find it hard to believe they were in too much turmoil. If you follow Anderson's Instagram he didn't look like he regretted taking the money one bit.

So to say they felt like sellouts just rings a bit hollow to me and that Gallows is trying to brown nose a certain section of fans.

I think for them anyways, it's a case of if they knew then what they know now. That they wouldn't have made the jump. I'm sure they were on a nice enough wedge in NJPW.

Who knows to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

if they were that unhappy why did they sign the new contract late last year i know its hard to turn then the rumoured amounts they were on but comes down to happiness in the end especially when i think they can easily get back with new japan and stay on a good amount

id agree with white white wolf sounds like there brown nosing section of fans which i get cause it works tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Wrestlers always dreamed of being in WWE when they first sign there.

When they do well they don’t see any issues.

When they don’t it’s a creative mess.

And when they’re gone they never really wanted to be there to begin with.

When breaking down what’s true and waffle with what these lads say, assume a starting point that they believe they should be the centre of attention at all times and that anything that challenges that is crap. So in Luke Gallows’ ideal wrestling promotion he’d be the champion and so on. You can work out how accurate what he says is and how you feel about it by orbiting around that.

These kind of post-WWE interviews always make me feel more down on wrestlers who do them. It’s just lads letting their egos run wild and trying to appeal to the anti-WWE crowd they probably bitched about when their circumstances were different.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

They signed for the money. An amount that would have been stupid to turn down. Makes sense. I didnt work out for them which can happen.

They did sell out, because they KNEW exactly how they would be treated and why they where offered said money. Spending that money helps ease the sellout guilt. Same with music same with everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It seems that there are issues between impact wrestling and their worlds champion Tessa Blanchard. Now the pandemic has ballsed things up a bit and she is stuck in Mexico(although she's a US citizen so could return to the US) but still wrestling companies are doing the best they can. it seems that Tessa Blanchard allegedly has refused to even record promos herself for impact to use, and the announced match at their next PPV isnt to her liking either.

Now IF(important to emphasise If) these are true then it seems Tessa Blanchard strikes again. The WWE not signing her was a worrying sign because of triple h and his love of the nwa and of who her father is. There have been unfortunately issues all along over her attitude and other allegations which she denies.

Also, her dad tully was able to go to Florida and record a promo(very good one at that) yet his daughter can't even apparently record one from home and is instead doing fifth element cosplay. As I said I'm a big fan of her in ring work and her promos are very good but there are issues that have hurt her and unless she changes will continue to do so, which would be an awful shame.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It seems that there are issues between impact wrestling and their worlds champion Tessa Blanchard. Now the pandemic has ballsed things up a bit and she is stuck in Mexico(although she's a US citizen so could return to the US) but still wrestling companies are doing the best they can. it seems that Tessa Blanchard allegedly has refused to even record promos herself for impact to use, and the announced match at their next PPV isnt to her liking either.

Now IF(important to emphasise If) these are true then it seems Tessa Blanchard strikes again. The WWE not signing her was a worrying sign because of triple h and his love of the nwa and of who her father is. There have been unfortunately issues all along over her attitude and other allegations which she denies.

Also, her dad fully was able to go to Florida and record a promo(very good one at that) yet his daughter can't even apparently record one from home and is instead doing fifth element cosplay. As I said I'm a big fan of her in ring work and her promos are very good but there are issues that have hurt her and unless she changes will continue to do so, which would be an awful shame.

Dont really follow Impact these days so didnt know what was going on and yea i agree the World Champ should be acting more professional even just to do a few promo videos etc. I hope if she doesnt go to AEW if Impact get rid of her as i feel AEW are doing a decent job on building up their womens division with the likes of Shida/Rose/Baker/Statlander/Ford/Swole etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

theres also the racism scandal she had definitely wont be the time to hire her with the inevitable backlash even from twitter talk she seems to have a bad reputation all through her career

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

They signed for the money. An amount that would have been stupid to turn down. Makes sense. I didnt work out for them which can happen.

They did sell out, because they KNEW exactly how they would be treated and why they where offered said money. Spending that money helps ease the sellout guilt. Same with music same with everything.

I hate the term 'selling out' in general but nah, not even close in this case. Regardless of what you think of WWE's current product, I'd say close to if not every single one of them developed an interest in wrestling due to WWE and got into wrestling because they wanted to 'main event WrestleMania' and whatnot. Even if you discount basic tenets like "the purpose of having a job when you're an adult is to support yourself and your family so working in the position that pays most is the logical objective", which you absolutely shouldn't, them signing for WWE was likely their goal from day one.

So how is anybody 'selling out' when they're achieving the thing they always set out to do? Is walking away from your dream job when you didn't do well and into the 'trendier' indie scene where you're more likely to stand out not selling out more? With the latter, you're giving up on your initial goal to go somewhere with less of a challenge where you're more likely to be successful. What definition are we applying to 'sellout' if not that?

If you can name for me people who would've been more successful in WWE that left, and didn't walk for reasons directly tied to their personal aspirations, that's the person who's not a sellout. Everyone else is because, let's bring this back: the goal of doing a job is to earn money.

If someone is overpaid and coasting in a job they hate more power to them. I'd only ask that they admit that being overpaid is their motivation and don't whinge about it after or during the fact.

Nothing worse than an arse hole who took a job purely for the money and makes everyone else's job a misery for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They were treated appropriately. They arent a great calibre team, very average in terms of ability. They were handsomely paid so, I dont see any issues with them taking WWEs offer or with how WWE used them.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    They were treated appropriately. They arent a great calibre team, very average in terms of ability. They were handsomely paid so, I dont see any issues with them taking WWEs offer or with how WWE used them.

The silly reruns of Bullet Club didn't work for a few reasons. A few times they just seemed to drop the story they were telling without explanation.

Anyway, if it leads to Karl Anderson working the G1 then count me in, he's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The last OC run was probably the longest time they went with that gimmick. The other attempts at it were interrupted either by being split by the brand split or by injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Also, her dad tully was able to go to Florida and record a promo(very good one at that) yet his daughter can't even apparently record one from home and is instead doing fifth element cosplay. As I said I'm a big fan of her in ring work and her promos are very good but there are issues that have hurt her and unless she changes will continue to do so, which would be an awful shame.

Refuses to record a promo?
    From the woman who recorder herself taking a ... *Pukes* lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reports that during the taping of the Greatest Wrestling Match Ever, Edge has torn his tricep and may be on the shelf again for a while...

Advertisement