Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Reports that during the taping of the Greatest Wrestling Match Ever, Edge has torn his tricep and may be on the shelf again for a while...

ah crap have to feel for the guy

Return and win the 2021 Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Remember when the flight back from Saudi Arabia was delayed last year over a technical issue ? Yeah, shock horror according to court documents in a lawsuit there was no technical issue, the delay was caused by the Saudis holding the plane because of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports that Edges injury didn't happen during the match but on one of the reshoots they did for it later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod Note: I've moved all discussion that I can see about the David Starr, OTT and #SpeakOut situation into it's own thread, now located here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058088224

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No such thing as medical confidentiality for Dave Meltzer. He has given almost every detail but the name of the wrestler who tested positive for Covid. Easy for others to narrow it down now.

A few weeks ago he also went into detail on Hana Kimura's death despite her mother's request to the press not to do that.

Guy is a prick and I will never understand the IWC's devotion to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Meltzer reminds me of that Clooney episode of South Park. Always an air of smug arsehole off him. But professional wrestling tends to bring that out in people who like to think they're in the know.

J. Marston wrote: »
    No such thing as medical confidentiality for Dave Meltzer. He has given almost every detail but the name of the wrestler who tested positive for Covid. Easy for others to narrow it down now.

A few weeks ago he also went into detail on Hana Kimura's death despite her mother's request to the press not to do that.

Guy is a prick and I will never understand the IWC's devotion to him.

Male or female wrestler ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Male or female wrestler ?

If I were to say I'd be hypocritical but it's on Reddit or his website presumably.

J. Marston wrote: »
    If I were to say I'd be hypocritical but it's on Reddit or his website presumably.

Fair point J.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Undertaker "retired" no more last rides, #thankyoutaker trending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don't think I could name off hand any one wrestler who ever really retired. Maybe Arn Anderson in 97

Omackeral wrote: »
    I don't think I could name off hand any one wrestler who ever really retired. Maybe Arn Anderson in 97

Well arn Anderson wasn't given a choice so I'd assume that helps with that itch. As said Austin in 2003 was done. I think if hbk hadn't had a second run he wouldn't have been as happy to retire at WM26.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Undertaker "retired" no more last rides, #thankyoutaker trending

Until the next Saudi show/Vince needs a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Nah, he is not retired.
    The last match with AJ was hampered with the whole Corona thing and made into a movie match on the fly. He'll have a proper match one more time.

"no more rides" - then "one last ride" ... Sells itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Nah, he is not retired.
    The last match with AJ was hampered with the whole Corona thing and made into a movie match on the fly. He'll have a proper match one more time.

"no more rides" - then "one last ride" ... Sells itself.

Cant see it he wanted go after the reigns match but wasnt happy with it. He was happy with the boneyard. What's to say the one more match would end up being a **** show and he tarnished it again. Hes done

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The more I think of it, the more Taker resembles KISS with the constant talk of calling it a day/retiring. But still hanging around, much like KISS who seem to be on a farewell tour for the last I don't know how many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Cant see it he wanted go after the reigns match but wasnt happy with it. He was happy with the boneyard. What's to say the one more match would end up being a **** show and he tarnished it again. Hes done

He's basically said he'd have to consider it if Vince needed him. There's no way Vince won't do that at some stage whether he actually needs him or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There's retired like Austin then there's retired like Sgt. Slaughter and those guys. Taker has never been an Austin/Rock on the mic so those kinds of appearances are out, then the likes of Slaughter being rolled out for anniversaries, etc usually happens because they mostly work backstage.
    But seems after all these years, Taker won't even want a backstage role.

Personally I don't think of him as being the ratings boost he might have been before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The more I think of it, the more Taker resembles KISS with the constant talk of calling it a day/retiring. But still hanging around, much like KISS who seem to be on a farewell tour for the last I don't know how many years.

Yep! WOah-oh-oh woah-oh-oh SAU-DI-ARABIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I hadn't watched any of the build up for WM this year, and didn't watch the Boneyard match, but how damn good is AJ.

That promo was so good.

Loved Undertaker's gear for that match too. If he does have one more, hope he keeps that look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

FS1 cutting jobs and wwe backstage not been on weekly

https://twitter.com/ourand_sbj/status/1275172159820873729?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Guess Punk wasn't the ratings draw they hoped.

He can go back to MMA...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I like the taker but you're right. If he had one more match it probably would be a sh*t show.
    But we're talking about a man who always wants that one more perfect match. To go out on a totally true perfect moment.

In either case he's got some balls for a bloke in his 50s to go out there and perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

I like the taker but you're right. If he had one more match it probably would be a sh*t show.
    But we're talking about a man who always wants that one more perfect match. To go out on a totally true perfect moment.

In either case he's got some balls for a bloke in his 50s to go out there and perform.

Stop 55 and still unreal. I honestly think he was happy with the bone yard match.

Guess Punk wasn't the ratings draw they hoped.

Was he still on every week? After his spat with the Miz i hadn't heard about him on WWE Backstage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Was he still on every week? After his spat with the Miz i hadn't heard about him on WWE Backstage

About once a month he'd be on. Despite pre-advertising, it seems his appearances did little for ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't think they always plugged him appearing anyway. As bad as the ratings were I think this was more because Fox Sports is hurting with the pandemic and this was an esy way to save some cash.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I might be wrong but I recall hearing his appearances didn't really affect the ratings too much but that he did have a big affect on the youtube numbers. Think I saw him and Bret Hart, the most recent show, on youtube recently

• Advertisement

Cheers! Had a look for Punk talking to Bret from last week - it's on youtube! Watching now

Advertisement