Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fans won't care about her being signed, it's whether or not she can stop being a bitch in the locker room.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Meltzer reporting that the WWE have been in touch with Tessa Blanchard as soon as she was fired about working together.

Wrong move WWE. She'll be all sunshine and on her best behaviour with the higher ups but what if some of the top women in WWE say they won't work with her ? What does WWE do then ?
    Edit: btw WWE are free to sign whoever they want but Tessa is talented in the ring but outside it leaves a lot to be desired.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fans won't care about her being signed, it's whether or not she can stop being a bitch in the locker room.

Survey says no unless something changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If they do sign her, I'm sure it'll be at the expense of the other women just so they can have her face Charlotte

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If they do sign her, I'm sure it'll be at the expense of the other women just so they can have her face Charlotte

This would annoy me if not for the fact that I can't even get past the idea that they would sign her.

It's ironic as well that people will defend her treatment of Impact because apparently she was in fear for her health and thus refused to travel and drop the belt, yet here we are with the news she's going to sign with the company who played a blinder in how not to handle a pandemic.

• Advertisement

Not travelling is one thing. But not recording promos is worse. I'm assuming she has or has access to a mobile that could record video so no excuse there.

Not travelling is one thing. But not recording promos is worse. I'm assuming she has or has access to a mobile that could record video so no excuse there.

Going by her instagram account yes she has internet and the videos and pictures she has on that presumably were taken on her phone.

She's also supposed to be refusing to give the belt back so impact may have an AWA Stan Hanson moment where the impact title may an accident with a vehicle of some sort like befell the AWA title.

I wouldn't be shocked that if WWE do sign her that in her contract there is specific language about what will happen if she starts refusing to do things that are expected of her. Although that's me assuming things and that's a bad way to go with WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah i'm almost expecting WWE to sign her which was something that I was dreading when I heard the news the was released from Impact. Regardless of her bad reputation, WWE has never been too fussy about that type of things. Look at the stuff with Randy Orton, the Kliq and JBL and how they're still regarded very well in WWE. They would probably be more interested in the types of matches she could have with the likes of Charlotte and Becky.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ya, it's definitely how worthwhile you are the company (so world champions Orton, JBL, HBK etc are given a 'pass'.) Might be very hard for Tessa since she's not gotten a foot in the door yet, and she's already viewed quite negatively in the locker-room. I'd imagine that would stop her getting a job in the first place.

*looks up in the news tomorrow TESSA SIGNS WITH WWE* :p

• Advertisement

Personally I wouldn't like to see her in WWE. I don't think she's needed. I doubt she'd be a draw.

Personally I wouldn't like to see her in WWE. I don't think she's needed. I doubt she'd be a draw.

Well consider her selling points. She's the daughter of a horseman(already have one in charlotte flair), very talented in the ring(see point no1). So the point is her two selling points are already covered by charlotte flair and besides being overexposed this year charlotte is home grown and seems a better WWE employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone with any guesses? Wild speculation as to what exactly Renee is planning?

https://twitter.com/ReneeYoungWWE/status/1277345354325782528

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A new position on NXT.

Liking some of the face masks the WWE have on sale.

1602922063.jpg?sw=600
    026091A99C.jpg?sw=600

• Registered Users Posts: 86,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Anyone with any guesses? Wild speculation as to what exactly Renee is planning?

https://twitter.com/ReneeYoungWWE/status/1277345354325782528

Preggers?

On Wednesday? She can't go to work so dunno.
    I was gonna go with the pregnant guess but she's already denied that.

https://twitter.com/ReneeYoungWWE/status/1277346951348944897

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Saw someone suggest that she was teasing that she was going to start a Twitch

She managed to get the last remaining copy of the "Don't mention the war" episode of Fawlty Towers

Miz as host of gameshow Cannonball drew 2.7m viewers last night when it went head to head with RAW for an hour to be ranked the second most watched show on US TV in its time slot.

Miz building a nice side hustle for himself with reality TV with the Mrs and now gameshow host.

Get to be the host of the right gameshow on US TV and you are set for life money wise.

• Advertisement

Renee wrote a cookbook that was the big announcement.

So latest episode o Impact revealed a fatal 4 Way for the vacated title at Slammiversary on July 18th
    Trey vs Ace Austin vs Eddie Edwards vs mystery opponent (safe to say one of the WWE released)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So latest episode o Impact revealed a fatal 4 Way for the vacated title at Slammiversary on July 18th
    Trey vs Ace Austin vs Eddie Edwards vs mystery opponent (safe to say one of the WWE released)

Ill take a wild guess
    That it will be EC3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There was a vote in Kane's town on a public health order for wearing of masks in public spaces etc...
    The board, which is composed of six medical professionals, a Knox County Schools representative and Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs, voted 7-1 to approve the public health order. Only Jacobs voted no.

https://eu.knoxnews.com/story/news/2020/07/01/knox-county-board-health-passes-face-mask-mandate/5356697002/

Seems he's one of those "Muh Freedom!" goons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He always seemed like a tool. Zelina was dead right giving him the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Long time coming from the sounds of things, wonder if they'll use it as a development territory like what NXT was or just put the library on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

id imagine just the libary on the network

ive been surprised more indies havent shut down since corona started as mania weekend payday is one of there biggest income generators

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Very interesting article there on the EVOLVE purchase. WWE now have rights to not only the entire EVOLVE tape library, but also that of Dragon Gate USA.

Very interesting to see also that of the 100 or so wrestlers that signed with EVOLVE down through the years, around about half ended up with WWE deals

Advertisement