Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Kari done with wwe going back to Japan according to meltzer retiring in a year after wrestling in japan

https://twitter.com/thenextblgthing/status/1279015385916817408?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I blame Nia.
    And it seems WWE are well aware of that. Well not me blaming Nia, but everyone criticising her.
    Going by that article, they're covering up her hurting Kairi by not mentioning it and then not using her as the one to cause the career ending injury. Probably for the best since there's a chance she really would do just that.

And Vince took Shayna off tv? Maybe I missed that or I think there were rumours he found her boring?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Wish Kairi had a better run in WWE, it feels like the women's division in general is struggling lately.

Can't remember Shayna being on tv since Becky revealed she was pregnant. It seems pretty clear that Vince doesn't see much in her, maybe he'll try again when the crowds are back. Bianca Belair has been wasted since moving up too and a lot of other female wrestlers just aren't getting airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I blame Nia.
    And it seems WWE are well aware of that. Well not me blaming Nia, but everyone criticising her.
    Going by that article, they're covering up her hurting Kairi by not mentioning it and then not using her as the one to cause the career ending injury. Probably for the best since there's a chance she really would do just that.

And Vince took Shayna off tv? Maybe I missed that or I think there were rumours he found her boring?

Charlotte caused the first legit concussion and threw a mid-match tantrum with her at TLC. That on top of the buckle bomb and the steps throw by Nia makes it 3 head injuries in 6 or so months.

I like Kairi but she just looks too small for WWE. Same way I thought Riho was too small when she was champ in AEW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

ThePott wrote: »
    Wish Kairi had a better run in WWE, it feels like the women's division in general is struggling lately.

Can't remember Shayna being on tv since Becky revealed she was pregnant. It seems pretty clear that Vince doesn't see much in her, maybe he'll try again when the crowds are back. Bianca Belair has been wasted since moving up too and a lot of other female wrestlers just aren't getting airtime.

There's a bottle neck at the top of the division keeping an insanely talented roster at the bottom.

With Charlotte injured are they just going to use Sasha and Charlotte?
    Like what was with Lana on Raw taking about Natalya like a cult leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With Charlotte injured are they just going to use Sasha and Charlotte?
    Like what was with Lana on Raw taking about Natalya like a cult leader?

You mean Sasha & Bayley right?

Unless they've an android version of Charlotte hidden away somewhere :pac:

Yeah, Bayley. Though maybe there is an android Charlotte. I mean how much of her is real?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

There's a bottle neck at the top of the division keeping an insanely talented roster at the bottom.
    Absolutely and I think what they've done with the titles all being tangled up in the one feud is ridiculous, they'll never build new stars at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sarah Rowe (aka Sarah Logan) has announced she's pregnant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sarah Rowe (aka Sarah Logan) has announced she's pregnant :)

Ah that's good news.

But will the baby be cuter than Erik, at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good news

A few months to late as they wouldn't have been able to release her if she was pregnant during the Covid releases.

Other bits and pieces from the internet...

A new US title is being revealed on Raw apparently.

Summerslam is officially in the PC.

Sonya Deville has talked about wanting to win a men's title. Charlotte mentioned this recently too which makes me think WWE want it out there so it might happen sooner rather than later.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Other bits and pieces from the internet...

A new US title is being revealed on Raw apparently.

Summerslam is officially in the PC.

Sonya Deville has talked about wanting to win a men's title. Charlotte mentioned this recently too which makes me think WWE want it out there so it might happen sooner rather than later.

Well it had to happen at some point that they'd change the us heavyweight championship belt to some bland non descript thing they can sell.

Well not a shock given what the mayor of Boston had said earlier.

Well she's a better chance of winning a men's title because if they saw her as a champion they'd have made her a tag champ when they had the chance. Well both Sonya and charlotte would be better then Tessa was.

Would help if they had Sonya able to beat the women first
    As it stands, Shayna would be better for taking on the men

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I read somewhere that Jeff Hardy has not signed/agreed a new contract as of yet, which is why they have him in this dreadful angle with Sheamus as punishment until he signs a new one and then they will start to push him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I read somewhere that Jeff Hardy has not signed/agreed a new contract as of yet, which is why they have him in this dreadful angle with Sheamus as punishment until he signs a new one and then they will start to push him again.

A featured angle isnt punishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hasn't it been main eventing smackdown in wyatts absence and will probably have a feature match at summerslam....... Hardly punishment

A featured angle using the personal issues of his highly public fight with addiction my not be punishment to some but it pathetic from the owner of the company and the writer of the angle for their own personal amusement.

Jeff is a grown man and has the option to say no. I have little to no sympathy for the gowl either as hops behind the wheel on a bender.

In fact, the angle is a good public shaming if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

A featured angle using the personal issues of his highly public fight with addiction my not be punishment to some but it pathetic from the owner of the company and the writer of the angle for their own personal amusement.
    Fair point, except wrestling has always been scummy low brow entertainment that has scraped the barrel to get a reaction. Complaining about this but not the kidnapping, attempted rape, woman beating, fake pregnancies, miscarriages, drugging, blindings, and everything else that wrestling (not just wwe) has done is just screaming into a void....

What did Paul E lie about?

A lot in general but as to what AJ is talking about I've no idea.

The internet rumours are AJ is bullied/mocked for his conspiracy theory beliefs. Apparently that flat earth stuff isn't a joke. Seemingly Heyman leaks that stuff.

I mean if you're dumb enough to believe, even a little bit, in flat earth you deserve mocking.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The internet rumours are AJ is bullied/mocked for his conspiracy theory beliefs. Apparently that flat earth stuff isn't a joke. Seemingly Heyman leaks that stuff.

I mean if you're dumb enough to believe, even a little bit, in flat earth you deserve mocking.

You can believe any conspiracy theory you want as far as I'm concerned but the earth being flat is one that we as humans can disprove very easily. The others like the moon landings and JFK etc, you see why people may believe certain things about those and many others but it doesn't mean they are correct either.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

If you believe the earth is flat as AJ does, then he deserves all the mocking/ridiculing that comes his way.

• Advertisement

Advertisement