Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

I wonder was the argument being filmed for Miz & Mrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

sky88 wrote: »

Raven recently mentioned it somewhere I believe.

I won't quote the raven though

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sunny has a warrant out for her arrest again.

The amount of money spent on her for rehabs must be crazy at this stage maybe a long sentence 12 months plus is what she needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sunny has a warrant out for her arrest again.

The amount of money spent on her for rehabs must be crazy at this stage maybe a long sentence 12 months plus is what she needs.

She's already been in jail for twelve months and got released in February this year. Sure jake the snake and Scott hall only got things turned around because they wanted to do it.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    She's already been in jail for twelve months and got released in February this year. Sure jake the snake and Scott hall only got things turned around because they wanted to do it.

She did 4 months and was released into a halfway sober house her own words.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Luke gallows and Karl Anderson talked about their release from WWE and are now saying like AJ styles that paul Heyman is a liar and was involved in their release and is tied in to why AJ won't work with Heyman. I do feel for the two lads but surely it's not a secret that Paul Heyman is at best economically with the truth and at worst a bare faced liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Luke gallows and Karl Anderson talked about their release from WWE and are now saying like AJ styles that paul Heyman is a liar and was involved in their release and is tied in to why AJ won't work with Heyman. I do feel for the two lads but surely it's not a secret that Paul Heyman is at best economically with the truth and at worst a bare faced liar.

I wouldn't believe them either.

I think as always just take everyone involved in the wrestling industry with a pinch of salt of course there is some truth to it but every wrestler is out to get themselves over

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gallows and Anderson's ire may rightly be directed at Paul Heyman for whatever role he had, but at the end of the day it's Vince who has the final say.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Gallows and Anderson's ire may rightly be directed at Paul Heyman for whatever role he had, but at the end of the day it's Vince who has the final say.

Yep heyman, Bruce, trips etc can suggest all the names they want but no one is being released without Vince wanting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Exactly. Being let go by WWE must be a bit of an insult since I'm sure one of the questions Vince asks is "Will they benefit my competition?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

sky88 wrote: »
    Yep heyman, Bruce, trips etc can suggest all the names they want but no one is being released without Vince wanting it.

For top guys you would be right. But for lower card guys Vince has no idea of who gets fired.

Jimmy Wang Yang once said that a few months after he got released he went backstage at a WWE event in 2006 visiting friends etc. He says he bumps into Vince and Vince says Jimmy where you been to which Jimmy replies with how he got fired months previous. McMahon tells him to expect a phone call soon and Yang immediately got his job back.

Another interesting story is from a Stevie Richards shoot interview. See at one point he was the General Manager of HeAT and he'd be doing all sorts on it. He says he was good friends with john Laurinaitis and John would give out to him for doing things but ultimately let him do what he wanted. All was going great until Stephanie McMahon learned he was GM and instantly put a stop to it. As Stevie puts it Steph, Vince, Triple H and other people simply didn't know he was the GM. As insane as that sounds they simply had no idea what was going on in that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id say the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Vince would certainly be involved, considering the money the 2 were on.

Heyman most likely was asked about them, to which you can imagine he said he had nothing for them.

Also they are no big loss.

If when they came in and were straightaway put with Balor and he turned heel they would have been an asset.

The flip flopping while waiting for a Balor turn and then joining with AJ and the constant teasing of Balor joining the Club and then never following through again did not help.

If they had been brought in dominant and kept that way they would have been an asset.

As a flip flopping comedy act they were turned into they again never stood a chance.

I don't see them as an asset. The cream usually rises to the top and this team is below average. No matter who they are, there lack of entertaining in ring ability would eventually shine through. They stonk to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Their gimmick is being AJ's pals and a using 25 year old hand gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I see it as you all being right. They arent great but they could have been used with Balor as a Bullet Club type thing. I know they had the Club but that didn't really go anywhere. Even as heels they could be helping their old pal Balor and him saying he doesn't need their help. Then it comes out he was using their help all along and is now a heel. They could have been cool and add in AJ and they could have been a major faction.

This is all armchair booking but they could have been used better but they are limited

I think most people can be used better by WWE, them being associated with Balor in the way you describe may he a decent angle, but when its done its still Anderson and Gallows, a below average team, hanging on Balors coattails. The Equivalent of hired goons. Expensive ones.

Theyd be no 4 Horsemen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think they had a brief stint that was great with Balor as sort of tweeners. Their introduction to the roster was good and they had the odd good segment. WWE left a lot of money on the table by not pulling the trigger on a proper version of the Bullet Club in WWE. Had they committed to a stable with Gallows, Anderson, Finn and AJ for a start it would have been money.

• Advertisement

Balor isn't and didn't exactly light up the WWE to have coattails for anyone to hang off.

Balor was and is more a WWE failure than The Good Brothers simple because a lot more was expected from him.

The Good Brothers did their role with AJ as good as could be expected with the ****ty creative they were given.

He could have though, easily. They went all in on him until his injury and then generally left him in the mid-card. Balor has been consistently over with fans. You could have had him be the mid carder of the group anyway if you wanted, have AJ chasing the main title and Gallows and KA be going for the tag. Eventually adding more members and maybe even creating friction between Finn and AJ as the leaders of the club.

Instead they cannibalised the idea by having Balor Club and then having the Club and the having the OC. Teasing multiple times and rarely capitalising on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Riddle101

As far as a Bullet Club in WWE is concerned. Let's face it, WWE are terrible at booking stables that aren't their own. NWO pretty much shows that. Although that could have been Vince' ego wanting to bury the remnants of WCW, but even if Balor had joined with Styles, Anderson and Gallows they'd still be booked poorly.

Oh yeah, of course it comes down to booking at the end of the day and WWE rarely has interest in stables either way, it's just a missed opportunity imo

We call all agree that booking in WWE is 1 success for every 20 or so attempts.

Reading today that a lot of the April releases were of those who complained and spoke out about the the Saudi plane kidnapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't Buddy Murphy the one who said "Never again"? Surprised he wasn't one then since he's not too high profile

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't Buddy Murphy the one who said "Never again"? Surprised he wasn't one then since he's not too high profile

The Messiah spared him :pac:

This would've been cool to see..

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1285995711654486017
    Stephanie McMahon says Metallica was supposed to be a part of Undertaker's WrestleMania entrance, and they wanted to remain a part of it after the changes

• Advertisement

Would Hogan have been playing bass.

Advertisement