Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Imagine bringing in Metallica only to play a middling song from their 7th best album

Better than Pitbull i suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

They coulda done a collab with WWE Hall of Famer Kid Rock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Could be Royal Rumble 2021 when live crowds return

Assuming the US can get it's Coronavirus problem under some control, otherwise I wouldn't be hoping on live crowds returning.

BUT that's still 7 months away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Apparently they're building to an angle between Stephanie and Bayley. For the love of God please no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Now that it's officially cancelled they really need to do an actual match at the beach for Summer slam.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Now that it's officially cancelled they really need to do an actual match at the beach for Summer slam.

That would be a right bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Only if its Brock vs the shark 2...... that Shark owes Lesnar a recepit.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm sure The Sharknado shark is free for a bit of cinematic wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WON

There was an idea for the show to reform the Nation of Domination. Both Ron Simmons (who did appear on the show in a quick cameo for no reason) and Mark Henry (who was not on the show) were brought in to kickoff that angle. We don’t know if they are going to do that or if it was dropped. We do know people who thought from a real life timing situation that redoing the Nation right now would be incredibly tone deaf, so a lot did want it nixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lord TSC wrote: »
    WON

There was an idea for the show to reform the Nation of Domination. Both Ron Simmons (who did appear on the show in a quick cameo for no reason) and Mark Henry (who was not on the show) were brought in to kickoff that angle. We don’t know if they are going to do that or if it was dropped. We do know people who thought from a real life timing situation that redoing the Nation right now would be incredibly tone deaf, so a lot did want it nixed.
    Now that is a spoof from Mr Meltzer if I ever saw one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    WON

jesus meltzer could have just used the two bolded lines and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How people pay for his "wisdom" I will never fúcking understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Reputation probably. He does miss the mark but he's respected for knowledge of wrestling history.

All the news sites were going with that story for a week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking how we don't seem to have any male mixed race factions or teams in WWE. Was trying to think if any mixed race teams in AEW but then struggled to even think of any black male wrestlers in AEW. Private Party and Sonny? Sonny teamed with Joey at least.
    Then they have that Chanel one who reminds me more of Welfare Queen from GLOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just thinking how we don't seem to have any male mixed race factions or teams in WWE. Was trying to think if any mixed race teams in AEW but then struggled to even think of any black male wrestlers in AEW. Private Party and Sonny? Sonny teamed with Joey at least.
    Then they have that Chanel one who reminds me more of Welfare Queen from GLOW.

SCU.

The Inner Circle is mixed Hispanic and Caucasian.

Death Triangle would be as well if Pac wasn't stuck in the Newcastle.

Sky Italy have dropped WWE due to rising prices the WWE want and huge drops in viewing figures and replaced it with AEW.

Sky dropped it in the UK for the same reason not good for the WWE in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I think it might be due to WWE switching channels a month ago in Italy so Sky Italy got a less expensive replacement

EdtLO65XkAIham8?format=jpg&name=medium

EdtLO66XkAAzPtH?format=jpg&name=medium

The WWE did a similar press release for there move to BT as well and we know here the reason why they moved from Sky wasn't down to more money from BT it was due to falling viewer figures and wanting the same/more money from Sky and Sky refusing to pay. Of course The WWE & BT biged it up as a major new deal despite the fact that BT are paying a lot less than Sky ever did.

Sky UK/Ireland, Sky Germany/Austria and now Sky Italy have all now dropped the WWE this is the biggest pan European broadcasting company that is a disaster for the WWE.

Regis who was involved with the WWE for years and always had wrestlers on his shows throughout the years died two days ago aged 88.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

whatever happened to Kevin Kelly ?

I wonder was Cathy Kelly a sort of tribute to him

Kevin Kelly works for NJPW now.

No Cathy Kelley is her real name and they are two different spellings of Kelly vs Kelley.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

No, you're thinking of Kelly Kelly.

So what did Adam Cole do that I see an apology from him on twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So what did Adam Cole do that I see an apology from him on twitter?

A worked shoot angle with Pat McAfee

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Vince’s Rock n’Rolla cruise

fYKFqne.jpg

• Advertisement

Who's going over the side?
    I'd be very surprised if they don't do a "flying" bit.

And the cinematic match will involve it sinking.

But if that was the plan, they would want to be already planning it as I would guess organising that on a boat would take a lot of planning. I guess it also depends on whether it's docked or not

Advertisement