Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

It is insane isnt it?

This is the far end of the psycho scale, but if you look on insta, you can see fellas making gifs of women wrestlers arses too. Not the same in terms of danger, but shows that it is a huuuuuuuge problem in wrestling. And entertainment I am sure.

Important to self police this (the latter case as we dont know if someone will break into a gaff). If you see a pervy gif reply with 'creep'....
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Certainly raises the question, where can/do you draw the line at STAN culture. Especially in this day and age, where anyone can be found with a Google search.

Granted most fans are super obsessive about their favourite wrestler, but not THAT super obsessive to go to such dramatic lengths as the individual in the article.

I mentioned it previously, but it's a good thing that alarm was armed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The update on the Sonya incident is even more chilling. So he was going to hold Sonya hostage until after Sunday and also said he was going to kill Mandy ? Also, the descriptions of what he was saying about Sonyas family is just sick. I'm really glad the two of them are okay because I'm enjoying their feud and as much as you can gather from online they seem like two good people who have tonnes of potential(Sonya slightly ahead of Mandy in that regard as of now). I hope WWE will put in place whatever help Sonya and Mandy may need because that was a very scary incident that could have been a Benoit type incident.

Also, it seems we are getting two PPVs back to back summerslam and payback on which is on august 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Want be on TunderDome in the future as Smackdown is full.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1295923684595703808?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Certainly raises the question, where can/do you draw the line at STAN culture. Especially in this day and age, where anyone can be found with a Google search.

What's STAN culture!?

What's STAN culture!?

Eminem song Stan about stalkers.

• Advertisement

Just thinking did WWE rip off the ThunderDome from DC who have been advertising there DC FanDome even now for the last 6 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just thinking did WWE rip off the ThunderDome from DC who have been advertising there DC FanDome even now for the last 6 weeks or so.

think there ripping off mad max

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

J. Marston wrote: »

no surprise after the fox show was cancelled

always seems the type who would excel more outside of wrestling to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I dunno about anyone else but Renee and Dasha seem to be cut above the Caruso and Braxton. Schreiber is good and I'd like to see her used more.

Bit of a loss to say the least.

• Advertisement

I just don't think the WWE use them well, However that can be said for about 99% of the talent within the WWE in general.

Kayla's Bump show is great fun and Charly a is top class host/interviewer when in ESPN from the bits I've seen of her on.

I don't really pay attention to any of them but I find Charly Caruso incredibly grating.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wonder if WWE's handling of Covid-19 played any part in Renee's decision? She tested positive for it if memory serves.

Either way, WWE's loss, is someone else's gain.

I just don't think the WWE use them well, However that can be said for about 99% of the talent within the WWE in general.

Kayla's Bump show is great fun and Charly a is top class host/interviewer when in ESPN from the bits I've seen of her on.

Charly seems more relaxed/natural on ESPN.
    I don't really pay attention to any of them but I find Charly Caruso incredibly grating.

I find you incredibly grating :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think she'll join Moxley or they planning on starting a family?

Fit Jr is saying Fit Snr might be joining him in NJPW.

That would be one hell of a last run for the Finlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Fit Jr is saying Fit Snr might be joining him in NJPW.

That would be one hell of a last run for the Finlay.

Maybe Fit will bop out for a celebration with Jr if he beats KENTA for the US NJPW Cup. Would be class, although I still want KENTA to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

the novelty will quickly ware off once we see Corbin go 15 mins with anyone.

Odds on one of the audience members doing something stupid?

• Advertisement

Odds on one of the audience members doing something stupid?

1 to 100.

Bound to see an AEW sign or a Benoit 4 hall of fame sign.

It just looks like one big game of Guess Who, or to make it more recent, a massive Zoom video call chat.

It just looks like one big game of Guess Who, or to make it more recent, a massive Zoom video call chat.

It looks ok, nothing impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/138872/sonya-deville-testimony-coverage-at-pretrial-hearing-following-arrest-of-stalker.html?p=1
    WWE star Sonya Deville testified this afternoon in Tampa, Florida at a pre-trial hearing for Phillip Arnold Thomas II, who was arrested in Sonya Deville's Florida home early Sunday morning. Thomas has been charged with Aggravated Stalking, Armed Burglary of a Dwelling, Attempted Armed Kidnapping, and Criminal Mischief. He has been assigned a public defender and invoked his fifth amendment right to remain silent.

Thomas was not present in the court room but was seen via video monitor from another room, where he was handcuffed and alone. This hearing was to determine whether Thomas would be held without bail prior to his trial.

Deville recounted that the evening Thomas invaded her home, she was sleeping in her master bedroom when her alarm went off. Mandy Rose was sleeping in the guest bedroom and Deville woke her up to tell her the alarm went off, then turned off the alarm and entered her kitchen, turning on the lights. She looked outside a sliding door that she usually used to enter the house and saw a man dressed in black wearing a mask outside. She asked him, "What the f*** are you doing?" but he just looked at her, with a deadpan expression on his face, and approached.

At that point, Deville knew he wasn't trying to rob or burglarize the home, but instead was there for her. She ran out of the kitchen to the guest room, grabbed Rose and they ran to the garage with Rose's cell phone and car keys. The garage was down the hallway from the guest bedroom, so if they went the other way, they'd have run back towards the intruder. Deville jumped in Rose's car to drive but couldn't get it to to start because she was so freaked that her foot was on the ignition, not the brake. Rose was able to press the manual start button so the engine revved and they pulled out and drove through the neighborhood as Rose called 911.

They returned to the house after they were advised a deputy had arrived. The deputy asked them to wait and when backup arrived, the authorities entered the home through the garage and returned several minutes later with the suspect, who Deville identified as the same man she saw and the same man who was seen on the video monitor.

Deville testified that the man had never had permission to enter her home and that she had no communication with him before the night he invaded her home.

They showed video footage of the incident, which saw Deville looking through her doors and then running out of the kitchen. A man dressed in black entered the house and followed the same path, exiting out the same kitchen door Deville fled through.

During her appearance, Deville was presented with photos of items that were not in her home until Thomas broke in.

Deville was then asked about checking her Instagram messages after authorities gave her Thomas' name. In searching his name, she testified that she found hundreds of messages from him threatening her life, the life of her baby niece and threatened to decapitate her ex-girlfriend. She testified that he also threatened to sexually assault her and that the messages were sent over a period of many, many months. He sent messages under his first name using his own face as a picture, a second account using the name "Phil" with no photo and a third account using another name.

Deville stated that the last message she received came shortly before he invaded her home and stated that she should look outside because he was at her pool and he was going to "kill that b**ch" who was with her. Deville was then presented with copies of the messages, which she said she recognized. Thomas' attorney tried to object that the messages could not connect the defendant but the State argued that the last message placed Thomas at the scene of the crime and that further testimony from a detective could link those together. One of the messages specifically noted Deville's home address, which also strengthened the State's claim.

The Judge began reading through messages so they were not read aloud for public consumption out of concern for any personal information about Deville they might list. There was a reference to Deville's ex-girlfriend Arianna and WWE announcer Vic Joseph by the Judge, with Deville identifying him as her co-worker and one of her best friends.

Deville testified that one of the messages featured a threat that demanded she needed to have sex with the defendant or he would release her address to the world. He also threatened the lives of every living relative in her family, including her mother, her sister and her nieces as well as Deville's ex-girlfriend. His messages claimed that he could walk next door to her house, that he could kill people to show her he was serious and sent her messages stating "Tick Tock when will the fun begin?"

She testified that he threatened to come find her at a WWE event and it wouldn't matter if she was backstage, that he would get to her baby niece and that he would force her to perform sex acts on him and would force her to do so in the WWE Performance Center. She testified that her ex-girlfriend was so frightened by messages she received, she deactivated her own Instagram. She testified that she received a message that the only way to save her family from hard was to have sexual relations with him - and that he was coming to see her in person, wearing a mask. She testified that he sent a message saying that since she was ignoring him, he was coming to see her to talk to her in person, warning her that he was going to "get what I want" and would make her regret the fact that he was being ignored by her.

He also sent her a message stating that he would be attending SummerSlam with her as her boyfriend. Deville had to explain what Summerslam was and that it was the second biggest event of the year for WWE and that she and Mandy Rose were slated to wrestle against each other on the show. At this point, the livestream covering Deville's testimony ended.

The stream ended before the Judge could make a ruling. PWInsider.com will update once we have confirmed the final decision on Thomas' bail.

I mean what in the actual ****. Good that Sonya and Mandy are okay but some of the treats made are horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Absolutely vile, horrendous stuff from a sick scumbag. Thankfully nothing physically happened and that predator is in custody. Makes you wonder how many of these creepy, threatening fan messages all female wrestlers receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,510 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wonder if WWE's handling of Covid-19 played any part in Renee's decision? She tested positive for it if memory serves.

Either way, WWE's loss, is someone else's gain.

AEW next?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Absolutely vile, horrendous stuff from a sick scumbag. Thankfully nothing physically happened and that predator is in custody. Makes you wonder how many of these creepy, threatening fan messages all female wrestlers receive.
    It made me realise celebrities actually read their DMs and this might be the sort of sh1t they get from some very strange people, and by Sonya rightfully ignoring him it just made him more deranged.

Hope the book is thrown at him and then beaten with it. God damn internet man.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    1 to 100.

Bound to see an AEW sign or a Benoit 4 hall of fame sign.

we wont even see it with how quick kevin dunn does camera cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is that a trial run? Assumed it would be live. Also would explain why people are appearing multiple times

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

jaykhunter wrote: »

If you didnt know who Sonya was you would easily think its a plot for some horror movie, even when she couldnt start the car or when they ran towards the garage etc.

She did the right thing by getting out of there because i know some people might say "oh she is a wrestler she could have kicked the **** out of him" but he could have had a knife or gun etc.

Advertisement