Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

"If I'm a part of the Biden administration and I can do something about this, I will"...."Will I forget about this, hell no" - Andrew Yang talking about WWE's independant contractor system on Chris Van Vliet's podcast. Vince must be hoping Trump steps up his game big time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Poor Gerry at least he seems good with it

https://twitter.com/Fgbrisco/status/1304051679835414530?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would be amazing to see Vince get bullied by the government.

PWInsider says another round of cutbacks are coming today but cannot confirm if it means releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

36 years of employment isn’t a bad return for selling his stock in Georgia championship wrestling to Vince so that Vince could get the TV timeslot on TBS so that Vince has TV on USA network and TBS.

more cutbacks are inevitable sadly with no live events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sky88 wrote: »

somebody warn Mojo and Bo Dallas

PTH2009 wrote: »
    somebody warn Mojo and Bo Dallas

when was the last time bo was on tv back just after the split with the miz

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MLW is moving to Wednesday Nights now so a 3 way it so.

MLW had some great wrestling and story lines going before Covid stopped them.

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1304070015801389062?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

"If I'm a part of the Biden administration and I can do something about this, I will"...."Will I forget about this, hell no" - Andrew Yang talking about WWE's independant contractor system on Chris Van Vliet's podcast. Vince must be hoping Trump steps up his game big time

Trump is still the fav to win in my eyes and America will only have themselvez to blame. Biden isn't a great alternative but anything is better than Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Seriously?? Did you not see their figures for the last quarter? Record profits. It's the most profitable they've ever been. With the TV deals and by cutting out house shows they're making more than ever!

Literally you can tell me any other reason you want for why they've fired so many people during the pandemic but you can't tell me that it's inevitable because of cutbacks due to a lack of live events when the house shows have been a loss leader for years and the savings in running shows around the country have been pretty big and, most of all, when the money they're getting from TV is so much more than it has ever been.

• Advertisement

Seriously?? Did you not see their figures for the last quarter? Record profits. It's the most profitable they've ever been. With the TV deals and by cutting out house shows they're making more than ever!

Literally you can tell me any other reason you want for why they've fired so many people during the pandemic but you can't tell me that it's inevitable because of cutbacks due to a lack of live events when the house shows have been a loss leader for years and the savings in running shows around the country have been pretty big and, most of all, when the money they're getting from TV is so much more than it has ever been.

I never said there right to do it but there always going to cut people to save that extra cash drive more profit.

It’s inevitable because of how wwe runs the company

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Yeah it's sad. But every company in profit or not will use Covid to cut people and take government grants.

WWE is a business and one fueled by greed and profit over everything else.

Yang is spot on about everything and Id love for WWE to get a solid politcal kick up the hole. They cant have it both ways.

jface187 wrote: »
    Yeah it's sad. But every company in profit or not will use Covid to cut people and take government grants.

Hate to keep making the same point but they haven't. Companies in their own field (wrestling) haven't. Companies not even a quarter the size of them haven't cut wrestlers. Some of these small companies have even hired wrestlers. Record profits. So no, not a valid excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,514 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

John Cena hosting Wipeout

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Hes hoping to make a big splash on TV.

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 86,514 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stevie Lee, TNA wrestler and Jackass star dead aged 54

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Hate to keep making the same point but they haven't. Companies in their own field (wrestling) haven't. Companies not even a quarter the size of them haven't cut wrestlers. Some of these small companies have even hired wrestlers. Record profits. So no, not a valid excuse.

I think you missed the point I'm making. This will be the excuse the WWE will use. I never said it was valid or right. But it's perfect way for them to get rid of people and just blame it on Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AJ Lee has her own show on Hulu now.
    AJ Mendez sits down with her husband Phillip Brooks for a conversation about Latin Heritage Month and representation in TV and film.

Never really liked Punk but he's properly on my cúnt list after his blood money tweet about Miz.

I enjoy the fact that Miz seems to live rent-free in his head while Miz couldn't give a toss about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ThePott

It was just a one-off interview as part of a series but was a quite a nice watch.

AJ's career post-wrestling has been quite interesting, really intrigued to see where things end up for her.
    I'm a Punk fan tbh so it didn't bug me that he was there.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Never really liked Punk but he's properly on my cúnt list after his blood money tweet about Miz.

I enjoy the fact that Miz seems to live rent-free in his head while Miz couldn't give a toss about him.

What was his Tweet?

Man he is so bitter regrading Miz, as if Miz was responsible for being placed in the main event himself. He needs to let it go.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What was his Tweet?

Man he is so bitter regrading Miz, as if Miz was responsible for being placed in the main event himself. He needs to let it go.

When Miz was guest hosting Backstage he said "Sorry I didn't change the culture" lightly poking at Punk's opening line on the first Backstage.

Punk responded in a totally normal manner by tweeting "Go suck a blood money covered dick in Saudi Arabia, you fúcking dork." before quickly deleting it.

It's hilarious how heated Miz makes him with no effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Of course he's bitter. Miz is a big star here in the States with his own reality series and he hosts a gameshow too. Add the scorcher of a wife, happy family, more money and WM main event and Punk has a lot to be jealous of. Not that his wife is any less attractive of course.

Of course he's bitter. Miz is a big star here in the States with his own reality series and he hosts a gameshow too. Add the scorcher of a wife, happy family, more money and WM main event and Punk has a lot to be jealous of. Not that his wife is any less attractive of course.

Its the Main Event that bugs him though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's hilarious how heated Miz makes him with no effort.

Yeah, it's incredible with how successful CM Punk is, he's saved his money well, beat WWE and got what he was owed, has a pretty and cool wife (she signed my Mortal Kombat 2 snes box!) and got to walk into UFC and movies.....but still he's incredibly insecure. Ah man. Speaks volumes about him

• Advertisement

Imagine how bitter he’d be if he got the wrestlemania 27 main event and was used the same way as miz as basically a pawn to set up rock/cena

Advertisement