Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Didn't someone explain this is already in an understandable way before? It's probably nothing to worry about.

There’s two classes of shares A and B. One has more weight than the other and voting power if I remember rightly. I doubt she sold the powerful ones which give the McMahons control over the company they founded.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,522 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Enjoyed this. Well worth a listen. I know BB isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but enjoyed this conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Good Brothers are getting their own variety show on AXS.

The next Ant & Dec right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see wwe is branching out into the wine business. Their first two wines are the ultimate warrior and the undertaker branded ones. I mean unless the warrior wine is suggested to be drank while watching that nutters promos with the promise it’ll make them even remotely coherent then that’s a selling point because sober warriors promos make zero sense at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Wouldn't have labelled many pro-wrestling fans as wine drinkers, though they might fly off the shelves, you'd need a few bottles in you to sit through a WWE show these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Feels like something they would have done during the Attitude Era. Makes me wonder why they didn't try to capitalize on Stone Cold's popularity by selling their own beer. They could have sold Steveweisers.

Maybe they saw how well A Little Bit of the Bubbly sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Feels like something they would have done during the Attitude Era. Makes me wonder why they didn't try to capitalize on Stone Cold's popularity by selling their own beer. They could have sold Steveweisers.

They made stone cold condoms instead.

• Advertisement

Arn Anderson recently spoke on his YouTube channel about why Alex Riley didn't quite pan out in WWE.

Riley signed a developmental contract with WWE in 2007, and was announced for the second season of NXT in 2010. He was moved to the main roster later that year.

"I think Alex had a good look and I think his work was okay," Arn said.

Riley was paired with the Miz until 2011, and his career started to slump. Riley remained with the company until he was ultimately released in 2016.

Arn revealed that there was a story going around about Riley not being interested in the advice John Cena tried to offer up. This was around the time he had the plug pulled on him.

"He seemed to gel well when they put him with The Miz (in 2010), but there's a famous story that he was offered some help from John Cena and seemed less than enthused or interested, which would have immediately made its way back to the locker room and to the office," Arn said. "And I'm sure it was around that time that his water got cut off."

Riley had previously spoke on the issue and confirmed there was indeed an incident involving Cena that impacted his career path. In that discussion, he said he battles himself on whether he should speak out about it eventually, but it wasn't the right time to do so at the time.

"I guess I'm not saying anything that other people haven't already kind of said," Riley said. "It is kind of out there but I'll say this. There was an incident and it certainly affected the path of my career, however I am not going to talk about it right now and I've kind of gone back and fourth in my own times morally with do I say anything or do I not. I am not in the habit of destroying anybody's career so it is just something at this point that I don't want to address further than that but one day I certainly will. It was a hard situation to deal with."

Back in January, Riley spoke with Chris Van Vliet about the matter. He didn't reveal any specifics, but did say it was essentially just two guys that simply didn't like each other.

"It is hard to put a label on it," Riley said. "I think it came down to in the end, two men just not liking each other. As sad as that is, it had an impact on my career. He is who he is. I don't think that goes without saying in other businesses, I just happened to be in a situation where right from the start he didn't like me. I just don't think he did. I tried to change that, I worked very hard, tried to grow and learn and fit in in the way a wrestler fits in. He wanted me to fit in. It just kind of got to the point a little bit with, even some of the other guys were asking what was up.

"It was a tough situation," Riley added. "I would hear from other wrestlers from time to time (that Cena didn't like me). It certainly didn't seem that way when we would interact. It is a tough thing. It's wrestling. It is something where you do the best you can to learn in a way that is productive and that will get you better. I tried the best I could and it just didn't work out."

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/09/arn-anderson-reveals-john-cena-incident-that-caused-alex-675157/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Arn Anderson recently spoke on his YouTube channel about why Alex Riley didn't quite pan out in WWE.

Riley signed a developmental contract with WWE in 2007, and was announced for the second season of NXT in 2010. He was moved to the main roster later that year.

"I think Alex had a good look and I think his work was okay," Arn said.

Riley was paired with the Miz until 2011, and his career started to slump. Riley remained with the company until he was ultimately released in 2016.

Arn revealed that there was a story going around about Riley not being interested in the advice John Cena tried to offer up. This was around the time he had the plug pulled on him.

"He seemed to gel well when they put him with The Miz (in 2010), but there's a famous story that he was offered some help from John Cena and seemed less than enthused or interested, which would have immediately made its way back to the locker room and to the office," Arn said. "And I'm sure it was around that time that his water got cut off."

Riley had previously spoke on the issue and confirmed there was indeed an incident involving Cena that impacted his career path. In that discussion, he said he battles himself on whether he should speak out about it eventually, but it wasn't the right time to do so at the time.

"I guess I'm not saying anything that other people haven't already kind of said," Riley said. "It is kind of out there but I'll say this. There was an incident and it certainly affected the path of my career, however I am not going to talk about it right now and I've kind of gone back and fourth in my own times morally with do I say anything or do I not. I am not in the habit of destroying anybody's career so it is just something at this point that I don't want to address further than that but one day I certainly will. It was a hard situation to deal with."

Back in January, Riley spoke with Chris Van Vliet about the matter. He didn't reveal any specifics, but did say it was essentially just two guys that simply didn't like each other.

"It is hard to put a label on it," Riley said. "I think it came down to in the end, two men just not liking each other. As sad as that is, it had an impact on my career. He is who he is. I don't think that goes without saying in other businesses, I just happened to be in a situation where right from the start he didn't like me. I just don't think he did. I tried to change that, I worked very hard, tried to grow and learn and fit in in the way a wrestler fits in. He wanted me to fit in. It just kind of got to the point a little bit with, even some of the other guys were asking what was up.

"It was a tough situation," Riley added. "I would hear from other wrestlers from time to time (that Cena didn't like me). It certainly didn't seem that way when we would interact. It is a tough thing. It's wrestling. It is something where you do the best you can to learn in a way that is productive and that will get you better. I tried the best I could and it just didn't work out."

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/09/arn-anderson-reveals-john-cena-incident-that-caused-alex-675157/

Must be hard to have to kiss Cena's ass. The guy seems like an absolute phoney.

He's spent all his adult life trying to be the company man, always found the nice guy schtick completely false and just something he put forward in order to progress.

Actually think it has stunted him and has seen him hit the glass ceiling in hollywood as although he has a great work ethic, he has a completely one dimensional personality. Never comes across as himself, and thats from years of kissing ass, maybe he has no idea who he is.

Blanco100 wrote: »

He's spent all his adult life trying to be the company man, always found the nice guy schtick completely false and just something he put forward in order to progress.

Actually think it has stunted him and has seen him hit the glass ceiling in hollywood as although he has a great work ethic, he has a completely one dimensional personality. Never comes across as himself, and thats from years of kissing ass, maybe he has no idea who he is.

I's agree with most of that except the highlighted part, A lead actor in the new F&F movie a star of the new Suicide Squad movie which has landed him his own HBO Max spin off series that's a pretty damn good glass ceiling to be hitting for any actor.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I's agree with most of that except the highlighted part, A lead actor in the new F&F movie a star of the new Suicide Squad movie which has landed him his own HBO Max spin off series that's a pretty damn good glass ceiling to be hitting for any actor.

And he’s also rumoured to play sandman in Spider-Man 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Loughc wrote: »
    And he’s also rumoured to play sandman in Spider-Man 3

Woah....my head went somewhere funny there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You're picturing Cena in Spider-Man 3 with a beer and a kendo stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

No it was the Spiderman 3 featuring Sandman that made me apoplectic that I'm picturing. :pac:

Ah yeah, with That 70s Venom and dancing Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cena will probably be the last WWE star to make the crossover into mainstream media.

Blanco100 wrote: »

I'm probably naive but always thought Cena was decent with all the make a wish stuff, don't mind poking at himself, being butt of jokes etc.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Like most things, many sides to Cena like most people. He has used his power to cut the steam off others. Just like Hogan, Austin etc
    I don't really know how well Alex Riely would do. He seem like a bland midcarder at best.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cena will probably be the last WWE star to make the crossover into mainstream media.

Miz is doing well outside of WWE, Reigns seems to have upped his profile outside of WWE with some movies, having The Rock as a cousin helps

Wasn't Becky about to get a shot at acting, not counting Billions, before she got pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't Becky about to get a shot at acting, not counting Billions, before she got pregnant

She had a Marvel gig, no details were announced though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Romans popped up in few other than Hobbs and shaw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ThePott

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sasha Banks is in the Mandalorian

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Then we have wwe superstars current and former who tried out acting but nope just nope

Orton was in a few and not made for acting

Dean Ambrose and Rollins were in movies a few years back and quite honestly not made for acting

Triple Hs hollywood career was random esp looking at where he is now. Read somewhere he was considered for the role of Thor in the MCU

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Then we have wwe superstars current and former who tried out acting but nope just nope
    Orton was in a few and not made for acting
    Dean Ambrose and Rollins were in movies a few years back and quite honestly not made for acting
    Triple Hs hollywood career was random esp looking at where he is now. Read somewhere he was considered for the role of Thor in the MCU

HHH as Thor :eek:

• Advertisement

Definitely don't see him as Marvel's Thor. Maybe in an Asylum ripoff version.
    Though Kevin Nash did play Odin before. And Super Shredder
    Everyone knows Vincent D'Onofrio was the best Thor.

Advertisement