Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ThePott wrote: »
    I'm clearly not saying he's above criticism but I have seen legitimate hate for him as well. Obviously there is valid criticism as I've mentioned.

And once people in positions of influence can be criticised legitimately and constructively then that’s fine. Nobody should get hate though regardless. Play the ball not the man(or woman) as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It’s his inability to even remotely criticise them is my main issue. Apparently they can do no wrong when imo yes they can and do. A top 5 tag team ever ? I can think of at least five teams better than them. The midnight express, arn and Tully, the road warriors, the rock and roll express, the heart foundation, the British bulldogs, demolition. The team formally known as the revival are miles better then any tag team aew has. That’s eight and I could list more.

Yeah and unfortunately teams are copying a style that even at its basics is wrong. They can’t even tag properly ffs. Slapping someone on the back isn’t a legal tag in pro wrestling.

The revival had about 6 good matches in 2016. I loved them but am starting to think they were carried by superior talent. The Bucks have been consistently great for at least 8 years. Can work an old school southern tag in their sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

J. Marston wrote: »
    Annoys me so much how that man's opinion is treated like the fúcking gospel on wrestling matches.

Does literally anybody do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's pro wrestling. Tanahashi routinely makes hot tags while bouncing on the bottom rope, are you going to tell me that Hiroshi Tanahashi is doing wrestling wrong?

A couple of those teams I'd have in my top 5 tag team list, a few are more than dubious and then there's Demolition.. By what metric could anybody possibly consider Demolition a better tag team than the Young Bucks?

Also the shine is very much off The Revival. They've been given the same opponents in AEW as The Bucks have had, The Bucks have consistently come up trumps while FTR have fallen far behind. They're an OK team, whose best matches now look more like the result of circumstance and heavy agent input than ring savvy. They're biggest ever drawing match will be against the Young Bucks, because that's what the Bucks do. Outside of that match, they're two average sized guys with middling charisma, with no record of drawing money and a gimmick that does not match their work. That's FTR.

I still can't get over Demolition...

Bouncing on the bottom rope isn’t an issue it’s how you tag.

I’d put demolition above them because Bill Eddie and Barry Darsow are better wrestlers than either of the bucks and have forgotten more on how to wrestle than the bucks. So I use the metrics that matter to me. Understanding wrestling and knowing how to wrestling. Gymnastics isn’t wrestling.

It’s clear from your part about the revival that we won’t find common ground at least on this issue and that’s fair enough. We are entitled to our opinions but I respectfully disagree completely with that part.

It’s his inability to even remotely criticise them is my main issue. Apparently they can do no wrong when imo yes they can and do. A top 5 tag team ever ? I can think of at least five teams better than them. The midnight express, arn and Tully, the road warriors, the rock and roll express, the heart foundation, the British bulldogs, demolition. The team formally known as the revival are miles better then any tag team aew has. That’s eight and I could list more.

Yeah and unfortunately teams are copying a style that even at its basics is wrong. They can’t even tag properly ffs. Slapping someone on the back isn’t a legal tag in pro wrestling.

Spot on.

The Bucks as a top five tag-team of all time...

Cuckoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Spot on.

The Bucks as a top five tag-team of all time...

Cuckoo.

Give me 5 better teams, give me your metrics and The Bucks will beat basically all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ThePott

And once people in positions of influence can be criticised legitimately and constructively then that’s fine. Nobody should get hate though regardless. Play the ball not the man(or woman) as they say.
    Agreed, I definitely think he deserves criticism for his softballing of AEW and his reporting can be spotty but I think at the same time his longevity and reputation deserves enough respect to hear him out. Any time a wrestler calls him out he gets dogpiled which I don't think is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

cian68 wrote: »

It's bizarre how annoyed people get over Meltzer and his star ratings. For me they're a handy guide to gauging how good a match on any particular card is, nothing more, nothing less. The bould Meltzer really does seem to trigger people for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Bouncing on the bottom rope isn’t an issue it’s how you tag.

I’d put demolition above them because Bill Eddie and Barry Darsow are better wrestlers than either of the bucks and have forgotten more on how to wrestle than the bucks. So I use the metrics that matter to me. Understanding wrestling and knowing how to wrestling. Gymnastics isn’t wrestling.

It’s clear from your part about the revival that we won’t find common ground at least on this issue and that’s fair enough. We are entitled to our opinions but I respectfully disagree completely with that part.

If he tags bouncing on the bottom rope (which he does) then by the sacred laws of pro wrestling (!) it's an illegal tag.

I mean if you want to stack up the top 5 matches against the top 5 matches of The Young Bucks then be my guest. The irony of people who use the gymnastics line is that chances are they've seen a handful of Young Buck matches. YB vs Private Party or TV vs Jurassic Express are two examples of the Bucks working a Southern heel style and doing it better than any team going today. They can do the big spot fest (and nobody puts them together better than the Bucks) they can do an epic (YB/Golden Lovers and YB/Omega & Page are 2 of the best tag matches this decade at least). Whatever you think gymnastics is, this is not it.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

https://twitter.com/fallontonight/status/1322386720852221952?s=21

Odd seeing Taker involved in goofy comedy skits.. especially on the painfully unfunny jimmy fallon show

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

cian68 wrote: »

AEW fans do.

TimesArrow wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/fallontonight/status/1322386720852221952?s=21
    Odd seeing Taker involved in goofy comedy skits.. especially on the painfully unfunny jimmy fallon show
    Not the first time either. He tombstoned a turkey on the show a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Take the masks, paint and gimmick away from them and they are avergae enough.

Not the biggest Bucks fan, but they are very talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Karl Anderson and his "Hot Asian Wife" are having a very public possible break-up on social media. Feel sorry for the kids with some of the shít that's been said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Karl Anderson and his "Hot Asian Wife" are having a very public possible break-up on social media. Feel sorry for the kids with some of the shít that's been said.

That’s not the place for it ffs!

How bad is it? Whats been said?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    How bad is it? Whats been said?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG9l51Uhnby/

nwnWodA.png

9szw70m6ciw51.jpg

"My kids are huge sacrifices of my own happiness"
    Jesus, this is very messy and playing it out on social media is just ugly. These kids can read that their mother said this about them or that their dad called their mom a slut. Horrible situation for all involved and it doesn't look like it's going to end in a civil way.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Why do people air their private dirty laundry in public?? It’s so strange. I just don’t get it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Why do people air their private dirty laundry in public?? It’s so strange. I just don’t get it

They put a lot of their life on social media so playing this crap out publicly is just them being consistent.

Just goes to show that the people who use social media for this purpose i.e. tracking their wonderful life online on a daily basis are most likely bull****ting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,645 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The ThunderDome banned list and person having to check every screen and block if something on this this is on screen.

banne-600x375.jpg

thundervv-1536x786.jpg
    AEW
    IMPACT Wrestling
    New Japan Pro-Wrestling
    Enzo Amore
    Tony Khan
    Cody Rhodes
    Brandi Rhodes
    Marty Scurll
    The Young Bucks
    Chris Benoit
    CM Punk
    Jim Cornette
    Alberto El Patron
    Ryback
    Ashley Massaro
    “Superstar” Billy Graham
    Vickie Guerrero
    Flag of Hong Kong
    Flag of Taiwan
    Flag of Tibet

Every fúcking inch of entertainment is so terrified of upsetting China. It's pathetic.

Every fúcking inch of entertainment is so terrified of upsetting China. It's pathetic.

Most organistions stay away from politics. Keep things in the middle and keep everyone happy.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Most organistions stay away from politics. Keep things in the middle and keep everyone happy.

Except WWE when it comes to Saudi money and Linda being part of Trumps administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

:(

*tears up "Ryback 4 AEW" sign *

Except WWE when it comes to Saudi money and Linda being part of Trumps administration.

Money talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What has Vickie Guerrero outside of showing up on AEW done to be on that list ,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What has Marty Scurll done? And why CM Punk if he was doing the Fox show, or has he fallen out with them again?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What has Marty Scurll done? And why CM Punk if he was doing the Fox show, or has he fallen out with them again?

Scurll might be because he appears on BTE or he has been linked to the #SpeakingOut .

Punk maybe because they don't want social media blowing up and making Thunderdome all about Punk and not the product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

CastorTroy wrote: »

That's a strange one. He's never worked for WWE so it is not a case of them hating him over previous experiences.

Maybe he appeared on the screens before. Just that we never heard about it. Either that or someone really hates him within WWE.

All in all his chances of working for WWE do not seem good.

Advertisement