Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

TimesArrow wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1325884646656184321?s=21

Weird comments form Bliss here. Looks like a prepared answer on the issue

The only thing being cancelled here is a mass amount of WWE Network subscriptions. I cancelled mine in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"The blonde"

"The other woman"

You know her name, stop acting like you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Mate aside from seeing the name mandy in the post, i wouldnt know who she is.

Insert Mandy and then look at my point

Thanks
    J. Marston wrote: »
    "The blonde"

"The other woman"

You know her name, stop acting like you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

No one is at fault. Its a preplanned spot and Mandy mistimed grabbing the rope. Nia isnt at fault here, just an accident. Injuries happen and no one is really at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,528 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not Nia JAx fault, the blond is awful and doesnt know how to. Top level wrestling is done at speed, if you cant work at that intensity then you shouldnt be working at that level.

simple.... Jax is awful, but in this case, it is the other womans lack of ability that gets her hurt

I thought we might see Otis challenge Nia Jax for his Mandy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Riddle101 wrote: »
    In regards to Alexa Bliss' comment. I'd imagine all the WWE wrestlers have been prepped on what to say. They're not going to take any chances with Andrew Yang breathing down their necks.

In regards to the Mandy injury. Was it Nia's fault? or did Mandy just fall wrong? I don't know if Nia is fully at fault there.

It's funny now....I don't recall anything that looked ugly but I vaguely remember seeing something and saying to myself that it looked sloppy.

Edit had a look there again...as much of a Jax fan that I am I don't think she did anything wrong there. Just unfortunate. It was something else I saw that I thought looked sh1t. It was a punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,645 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tyson Kidd asked Vince if he could wrestle again even in the Royal Rumble so he could end his wrestling career on his terms Vince took a day to reply and give him an answer which of course was no saying they just couldn't control everything even a simple bump over the to rope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Tyson Kidd asked Vince if he could wrestle again even in the Royal Rumble so he could end his wrestling career on his terms Vince took a day to reply and give him an answer which of course was no saying they just couldn't control everything even a simple bump over the to rope.

"What the hell is Kidd Tyson doing in the Impact Zone?!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

If Kidd not clear to wrestle, I don't blame Vince at all for not going with it.

It reminds of the Iron Sheik in the gimmick battle royal back at WM 17. He was too old to take any bumps so they just let him win it, Kidd should push for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

jface187 wrote: »

It reminds of the Iron Sheik in the gimmick battle royal back at WM 17. He was too old to take any bumps so they just let him win it.

Rather hilariously only 58 at the time. 4 years older than Mike Tyson is now.

jface187 wrote: »
    If Kidd not clear to wrestle, I don't blame Vince at all for not going with it.

It reminds of the Iron Sheik in the gimmick battle royal back at WM 17. He was too old to take any bumps so they just let him win it, Kidd should push for that.

Right call by WWE. Why take a risk from their POV, esp on a wrestler thats not a draw.

Im still surprised they let Daniel Bryan back.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well in this instance I’m with Vince(Jesus I hate saying that) and I mean unlike DB and edge who had concussion issues and spinal stenosis respectively, while not small issues don’t seem as serious as what happened to Tyson Kidd, although I was surprised DB came back. Edge had a surgery to relieve pressure after the fact. My understanding is the injury that Tyson kidd had was very very serious and he’s lucky to be walking. The risk reward isn’t worth it.

The Nal wrote: »
    Rather hilariously only 58 at the time. 4 years older than Mike Tyson is now.

Well that was nearly 20 years ago and the ability to work in your late forties and fifties and to a high level is much more likely. The iron shiek was from a different time and given how he took bumps in rock hard rings it’s not a surprise his hips were ****ed.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well that was nearly 20 years ago and the ability to work in your late forties and fifties and to a high level is much more likely. The iron shiek was from a different time and given how he took bumps in rock hard rings it’s not a surprise his hips were ****ed.

That and the drugs...... mainly the drugs.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    That and the drugs...... mainly the drugs.

Well goes without saying about the drugs. That story of him and Jim duggan getting stopped by police and found to have drugs in the car is just funny. The fact they were wrestling each other makes it even funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,645 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bliss say anyone who has an issue with what she said on independent contractor status is just part of the current cancel culture .

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I haven't read the full article but can agree Cena made the right call. I know Cena gets stick for not putting people over but in my mind, he has and has every right to say no if he thinks it's not right. Hogan, Austin all the top guys have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Swagger/Hager is the drizzling shíts.

Good call, Cena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Bliss say anyone who has an issue with what she said on independent contractor status is just part of the current cancel culture .

That’s just nonsense.. I understand her towing the company line but does she even know what cancel culture is?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Swagger/Hager is the drizzling shíts.

Good call, Cena.

He just isnt great. He was used best in the tag team with Cesaro.

Cena was right to not put him over. He wasnt ready nor has he ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yep cena was 100% right on that one Hager is just no we’re close to being top level

On Hager/swagger cena was probably right but his nexus carry on doesn’t excuse him being right on this one.

On Hager/swagger cena was probably right but his nexus carry on doesn’t excuse him being right on this one.

Who Cena or Swagger?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who Cena or Swagger?

Cena.

Cena.

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I forgot Jack Swagger won the World Heavyweight Championship. I wasn't a big fan of it though. I remember cheering for Christian at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I forgot Jack Swagger won the World Heavyweight Championship. I wasn't a big fan of it though. I remember cheering for Christian at the time.

I won't ever forget it - I was in the front row for it!

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I won't ever forget it - I was in the front row for it!

Did it make it any better?

Advertisement