Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close my UK company?

Options
  • 06-07-2019 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi All
    I have a dormant UK company which has never traded. I started it a few years ago when I was living there but now am back for a while. I don't know if I will be going back over there yet.
    Wondering if there are advantages to keeping it going? It's costing me about €50 a year at the moment to keep it afloat. I'm thinking in terms of Brexit coming etc.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Hi All
    I have a dormant UK company which has never traded. I started it a few years ago when I was living there but now am back for a while. I don't know if I will be going back over there yet.
    Wondering if there are advantages to keeping it going? It's costing me about €50 a year at the moment to keep it afloat. I'm thinking in terms of Brexit coming etc.
    Any ideas?
    You can boost turnover for government contract eligibility by swapping money between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭SwordofLight

You can boost turnover for government contract eligibility by swapping money between them.
    I'm afraid Indont have the experience nor knowledge to appreciate that advice you've given me...
    Are you saying that if I wanted a contract with a UK govt body e.g. NHS, then moving money from an Irish company to this UK company would make my turnover look better - then the company would appear bigger and thus more attractive to bigger potential customers?
    Would my Irish based company need to be a subsidiary of the UK one?
    By 'moving money' do you mean the UK company would 'sell' products or services to the Irish one, making the money a payment from the Irish company?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Would that not be franulant ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I'm afraid Indont have the experience nor knowledge to appreciate that advice you've given me...
    Are you saying that if I wanted a contract with a UK govt body e.g. NHS, then moving money from an Irish company to this UK company would make my turnover look better - then the company would appear bigger and thus more attractive to bigger potential customers?
    Would my Irish based company need to be a subsidiary of the UK one?
    By 'moving money' do you mean the UK company would 'sell' products or services to the Irish one, making the money a payment from the Irish company?

Don't do any of the above.
    Just close the company down and file your Nil returns etc

Advertisement