Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcycle dealers

Options
  • 06-07-2019 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Anyone know of any unlisted motorcycle shops selling used motorcycles in the Leitrim/Sligo/Cavan/Roscommon areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭johnml

woody84 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any unlisted motorcycle shops selling used motorcycles in the Leitrim/Sligo/Cavan/Roscommon areas?

Not too far from Cavan is CC's Unlimited in Kells, Co.Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

johnml wrote: »

Would not ask that so called "bike shop" for directions never mind buy from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

woody84 wrote: »
    https://www.mototempo.gbr.cc/index.php/bikes_for_sale--used_motorcycle-used_bikes-_used_motorbikes-/?k=40075:2::

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Would not ask that so called "bike shop" for directions never mind buy from them.

Why so? Never had any dealings with them, just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 bal1000

I bought a bike and gear off them in the last 2 months and found them very helpful and would have no problem recommending them.Just my own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

johnml wrote: »

Agreed, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Moran's in Drumshanbo ? https://www.moransmotorcycles.com/

Not sure if Bike Bizz in Ballina is still there or not: 096 79694

Of course, there's a few not far in NI - in Enniskillen there's https://enniskillenmotorcycles.com/bikes

Is Patrick McNulty's in Enniskillen still there I wonder too ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Why so? Never had any dealings with them, just curious.

Every time I was changing my bike I would look them up as I am not to far from them. And they always had at the time the bike I wanted.

Tiger 1050 was the first bike I wanted from them. Went to the show room up stars it was jammed into the corner of the shop. I asked for a test ride they said yes come back next day at X o clock. Came back and bike was still jammed into the corner, I was told it needed front brakes serviced it was not road worthy, I said can you sort it and I take it for a test ride. They said no, stick a 500 deposit on it and they sort the bike for a test ride!!!!

So basically did not want the hassle of fixing the bike if not buying it 100%......

No way I am giving a deposit on a test ride, the hassle of getting it back.

2nd bike Honda CBF1000 with full luggage, needed work done and although they did not want a deposit to ride it they were so un-helpful with any ride requests and gave a brutal trade in price. Generally service is shocking...

Mate had an issue with a faulty lid he bought for the missus, took about a month to get it sorted.

One of the co-owners needs to re educate themselves about the IBT procedures and license restrictions also, got some very bad advice in there when I was only just starting biking.

• Advertisement

galwaytt wrote: »
    Moran's in Drumshanbo ? https://www.moransmotorcycles.com/

Not sure if Bike Bizz in Ballina is still there or not: 096 79694

Of course, there's a few not far in NI - in Enniskillen there's https://enniskillenmotorcycles.com/bikes

Is Patrick McNulty's in Enniskillen still there I wonder too ?

Sadly McNulty's is no more im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Sadly McNulty's is no more im afraid.

ah, I remember going in there a few times, way back.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ah, I remember going in there a few times, way back.
    Wrapped up november 2018.:(

Advertisement