Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Kent Station

Options
  • 06-07-2019 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Getting the train to Dublin on Monday morning at 10.25a.m. I'm a bit worried that the car parks at Kent and Railway St might be full at this time. Would any regular travellers have any experience with this or might it be quieter in the summer months. Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

angeline wrote: »
    Hi all. Getting the train to Dublin on Monday morning at 10.25a.m. I'm a bit worried that the car parks at Kent and Railway St might be full at this time. Would any regular travellers have any experience with this or might it be quieter in the summer months. Tia.

Do yourself a favour and drive the whole way. My family and I were good green citizens one day last summer and did what you're proposing to do...as an experiment. On grounds of cost, speed, convenience, stress, and comfort, I will never take the train again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Markcheese

cantalach wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour and drive the whole way. My family and I were good green citizens one day last summer and did what you're proposing to do...as an experiment. On grounds of cost, speed, convenience, stress, and comfort, I will never take the train again.

If I was going up solo, or just with 1 friend I'd take the train (or the aircoach if I'm heading to the airport) ... Actually for all the reasons you mention..
    But it depends, for 3 or 4 people the car is cheaper (although I'd have to park the car in Dublin),

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

last few times ive travelled by train both irish rail car parks were full so i parked here

same price and open till 7pm..

https://goo.gl/maps/MsEhciYCJn4Gs9wJ8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Yep they can fill up because they're cheap.
    If travelling from East or North of the city, you could leave the car in Mallow or Little Island.
    Coming from the South and West perhaps the Black Ash Park & Ride might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Isn't there a whole new car park for the train station on the quay side? Does that get full too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement