Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Laptop advice please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

If your only using it for the above why not get one much cheaper? You don't need an i5 for that type of stuff? Was there a reason you went for that price/spec area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

This is where my reasoning is probably flawed. I prefer if a laptop is a bit more powerful just in case future tasks i use it for require more power. Also it might age better. My last laptop lasted 8+ years based on that (probably flawed logic).

Also the Huawei looks very slick.

Poor reasoning, most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The i5 in the Huawei is old and significantly less powerful than either CPU in those laptops.

Don't have time to check right now, but get something with at least 8th gen i5 if buying new. Will be i5-8x or i7-8x, though an 8th gen i5 will be plenty for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

SM01 wrote:
    Poor reasoning, most likely.

I think you made a good choice, it's in no means a top end machine but should have lasted a good few years if your battery wasn't faulty.

Advertisement