Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 3 Virtual Memory Card Question

• 07-07-2019 9:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

I feel like an idiot asking this, but the internet is not helping at all.

Quite simply put:

I am playing a PS Classic title on my girlfriend's PS3.

I want to bring the save file with me to play it on MY PS3 later on.

Can this be done?

For some reason I had it in my mind I could stick it in my Cloud folder, but that option appears to be impossible.

Again, I feel like an idiot asking....

Thanks to anyone who can give a straightforward answer - something Google is not doing.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

You can put some save files from a PS3 onto a USB stick, but I don't know if you can do it with the virtual memory card.

If you can though, you may run into the issue of not being able to use it on your own PS3 because it's being played under a different profile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You can put some save files from a PS3 onto a USB stick, but I don't know if you can do it with the virtual memory card.

If you can though, you may run into the issue of not being able to use it on your own PS3 because it's being played under a different profile.

I use my own profile/account on both systems. The cloud is usually handy for this since I can just resync every time I switch to the other console.

I solved my problem in the end, anyway.

I originally did attempt to use my USB stick and it didn't show up when I tried to copy it. It turns out I had it formatted to exFAT. I reformatted it to FAT32 and it lets me transfer the save over to the stick.

I knew there was something I was missing, because I did it before, about 10 years ago.

Advertisement