Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycle for commuting?

Options
  • 07-07-2019 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone a bit more bike savvy than me would recommend the Apollo Belmont as a suitable bike for a roughly 14km commute on mainly flat ground. It would fit my budget and comes with a lot of the accessories I would be looking for.

halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes/apollo-belmont-mens-hybrid-bike-18-21-frames

Appreciate any advice on this. It seems to get some favourable reviews online.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bargain_Hunter

another option Cross CT700M3 is below. Cheaper again but looks to tick the boxes for me also

argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6145251/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports%2Band%2Bleisure%7C14419152/c_2/3%7Ccat_19719011%7CBikes%2B-%2Bmen%2527s%2Band%2Bladies%2527%7C14419153/Trail/searchtext>BIKE.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

I bought a hybrid under the bike to work scheme for a 20k each way commute it was fine but a bit heavy used it for 18 months and then picked up a second hand cyclocross bike with commuting tyres and havn't looked back. Its much lighter than a hybrid and I've knocked 5mins or so off my average time with it. Still use the hybrid for spins with the kids but the cyclocross is my daily now in use 4/5 days a week. If I was doing it again I'd go for a cyclocross over the hybrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bargain_Hunter

Thanks tnegun, as my budget is limited was looking for something low end and will upgrade over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

I picked mine up on adverts for about 300, you'll get much more bike for your money second hand.

Advertisement