Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pizza delivery

Options
  • 07-07-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,
    Any recommendations for a good pizza delivery service, to Delgany. Dominos and Pizza hut are not great for the price and I really dislike Apache.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Pizza Shack in Kilcoole.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JaimeB

Thanks, I went for 4 stars but will try this next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

JaimeB wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any recommendations for a good pizza delivery service, to Delgany. Dominos and Pizza hut are not great for the price and I really dislike Apache.

Does firehouse not deliver? Their pizzas are superior to 4 star and Apache by miles. Cost more though naturally

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

The Pigeon House in Delgany are offering a pizza collection service. their pizzas are out of this word. You'll find them on JustEat.

Pizza Hut has closed down in Charlesland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

JaimeB wrote: »
    Thanks, I went for 4 stars but will try this next time.

I really liked Pizza Hut. Pity it closed down. Tried 4 star and didn't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I really liked Pizza Hut. Pity it closed down. Tried 4 star and didn't like it.

It's shame alright it used to be Godfathers Pizza back in the day which was amazing, Same with the Chinese CL One pity there gone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It is a pity, but I like Tiffin, the Indian place.

The pizza truck in Greystones from Wed - Sun, 5pm - 9pm is the next best Pizza after Firehouse. Anyone who thinks Apache or 4 star is nice needs to travel a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Cluster wrote: »
    The pizza truck in Greystones from Wed - Sun, 5pm - 9pm is the next best Pizza after Firehouse. Anyone who thinks Apache or 4 star is nice needs to travel a bit.

Pizza truck is nice, do they do delivery? yet to try firehouse but if it's as good as their breads/bakery goods then it'll be tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭setanta1000

Ensos in Tesco Greystones is surprisingly good - on par with Pizza Truck I think.

We had it for the first time last week and all the family agreed it was nicest pizza

Doesn't do delivery though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Ensos in Tesco Greystones is surprisingly good - on par with Pizza Truck I think.

We had it for the first time last week and all the family agreed it was nicest pizza

Doesn't do delivery though.....

I was pleasantly surprised by Ensos as well. It was really delicious.
    I haven't tried the pizza truck but i heard it's really good.
    Neither deliver though.

Pizza truck is nice, do they do delivery? yet to try firehouse but if it's as good as their breads/bakery goods then it'll be tasty.

Youre dead right, they dont but I just ordered it and came back for it. Firehouse dont deliver either

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

For a good wood fired pizza with delivery, Pizza Shack in Kilcoole is the only option.
    Otherwise, in my opinion:
    1. Pizza Truck
    2. Firehouse
    3. Pizza Shack
    4. Bochelli's (No takeaway)
    (Haven't tried Enzo's yet, and by the sounds of it it'll be near the top)
    Four Star/Apache/Dominos/Pizza Hut don't belong on this list.

ned14 wrote: »
    Four Star/Apache/Dominos/Pizza Hut don't belong on this list.

:)

Pizza Truck is definitely out in front for me so far. I've had Pizzas from all bar Bochellis to date. I order them before a quick swim too. Cant beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

my gripe with the Pizza Truck is they use emmental rather than mozzarella, which substantially changes the taste of the pizza.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

loyatemu wrote: »
    my gripe with the Pizza Truck is they use emmental rather than mozzarella, which substantially changes the taste of the pizza.

Resulting in a more tasty pizza in my opinion.

Well If you dont like it then yes it would. Their bread is almost Nan aswell, have you noticed? gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

I would agree that it tastes pretty different. I like it, but the missus doesn't. Just means she doesn't rob a slice.

Advertisement