Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

NoteAgent wrote: »
    How was it the most obvious outcome?

Ah in fairness now within hours of him being arrested a fake tweet and a meme were trending both of which centered around Hillary expressing her condolences at Epstein's suicide the following week.

https://genesiustimes.com/hillary-clinton-expresses-shock-and-sadness-for-jeffrey-epsteins-upcoming-suicide/

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Do not discuss mod instruction in thread. Please contact a mod directly or use the Help Desk.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

sxt wrote: »
    Anyone know the deal with Prince Andrew? Him "getting back" with fergie and going to Balmoral to "holiday" with the Queen were the headlines yesterday.

Can the finest lawyers and pr company's at The Queen's disposal, make theses allegations dissappear I wonder?

They're going to try!
    Front page of The Times tomorrow is
    "Queen: Our Politicians Can't Govern".
    In all her years on the throne she's never made a politican statement, this is being reported as unprecendented and her strongest public/political commentary ever in her 66 years as monacrch.
    Just coincidence she chose this weekend I'm sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

They're going to try!
    In all her years on the throne she's never made a politican statement, this is being reported as unprecendented and her strongest public/political commentary ever in her 66 years as monacrch.
    Just glanced at the article, she expressed the comments in private after the resignation of David Cameron so they're two years old. So I would say entirely unconnected.

https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/1160288482524356608?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Realistically Trump is the person out of all those named so far with the most resources to get something like this done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,706 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

They're going to try!

There's a little thing called Brexit going om, you may have read about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

There's a little thing called Brexit going om, you may have read about it?

Brexit's been a disaster for the last few years and in all that time not a peep from Lizze, yet 30 odd hours after Prince Andrew is named in court documents for the biggest trial in decades, the target of the investigation commits suicide and the Queen makes the headlines for having a go her own government for the first time in her reign and one she literally just approved the other week!
    1082.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

MadYaker wrote: »
    Realistically Trump is the person out of all those named so far with the most resources to get something like this done.

How exactly? Call up a prison guard?

This was an intelligence operation and Epstein was an intelligence asset. CIA or other organisation. Acosta literally admitted that when asked about why the plea bargain last time.

We are now told that he wasn’t on suicide watch a mere few days after an attempt, that the cc tv failed, that he had enough rope to hang himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Since when does a body be shown to the general public(not a funeral) to prove someone is dead and why should they

Why is there a photo of him doing the rounds dead on a bed? Can't recall last celeb I saw dead on a hospital trolley. Staged af.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

batgoat wrote: »
    Just glanced at the article, she expressed the comments in private after the resignation of David Cameron so they're two years old. So I would say entirely unconnected.

https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/1160288482524356608?s=19

You don't see any connection with the Queen out of nowhere being the headline story tomorrow , rather than the Queens son being the headline story for underage sex allegations and association with Epstein who was murdered / killed him self yesterday?

How does the most famous prisoner in the last 48 hours /The person with the most media attention in the world in the last 48 hours... A person in a cell under guard.. Die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Capra wrote: »
    And aren't paedos notoriously brazen and remorseless? Like, most sex abusers I have read about don't ever think they have done anything wrong and always convince themselves that they are the victims. Eg Brendan Smyth, Ian Watkins, Bill Cosby etc

I very much doubt anyone with his level of narcissism would have the self awareness to want to kill himself.

I dont know if he was at the same level as Ian Watkins, but your right these people are clearly lacking in any remorse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

sxt wrote: »
    How does the most famous prisoner in the last 48 hours /The person with the most media attention in the world in the last 48 hours... A person in a cell under guard.. Die

Well, one thing to bear in mind is that within the list of people being named as possibly having something to gain from Epstein's death and also having the power or money to see that it's done.... should be his own name. As he was obviously facing a very very long stretch, even if he named names. He for sure had the money and power to see that a member of staff maybe looked the other way when he needed them to.

As someone said though, we'll likely never know and the conspiracy theories will go on for many many years as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I haven't been following this much, but got the jist of it from a friend who has.
    If Epstein thought there was going to be an attempt on his life - and I am guessing if that is what happened then he would have known there was going to be, then surely he would have taken precautions?
    I would guess that somebody with his money could have had all sorts of proof dotted all around the globe and to surface whenever he chose and however he chose.
    For example a load of documents could get leaked online all next week, or just some documents of the person or people who he may have been likely to try and kill him.
    If it is believed that he was going to tell all in court, then surely it is just as likely that he was prepared for his death?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

MadYaker wrote: »

surely anyone with connections and money could have done this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Well if Epstein really had been an intelligence asset, then after his arrest on charges like this his status would have changed to intelligence liability.

If he knew lots of high grade stuff then it's hard to believe they would just wait around and hope he didn't start 'singing'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Running the investigation on the suicide would be a great way of controlling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

But the room is empty, nothing to even hang from. How do you tie something to a flat surface. And where do you get that something.
    Where do you get the notion that the room is empty?
    He's in solitary. So he has a bed, a toilet, a sink.

I think also have some weird notions about how hard it is to block blood flow to the brain. People in high security kill themselves all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭NoteAgent

Why is there a photo of him doing the rounds dead on a bed? Can't recall last celeb I saw dead on a hospital trolley. Staged af.

So now you have the proof you're looking for that they did show the body and that it wasn't cremated...and now you're saying its staged but with zero proof to back it up. LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭NoteAgent

Ah in fairness now within hours of him being arrested a fake tweet and a meme were trending both of which centered around Hillary expressing her condolences at Epstein's suicide the following week.

https://genesiustimes.com/hillary-clinton-expresses-shock-and-sadness-for-jeffrey-epsteins-upcoming-suicide/

So you're proof that he was murdered is a comedian making a joke.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭tigger123

I'm not seeing anything in this that points to him being murdered.

How would that even work? Are people suggesting that he was strangled by one of the prison gaurds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

surely anyone with connections and money could have done this.

This guy got around so quite a few people with motive and means if needed.

Epstein also "belonged to intelligence". Which agency though is in question?
    The intelligence issue came up, and Acosta’s response was bizarre. He punted on setting the record straight, instead proffering this strange word salad when asked about Ward’s reporting:

So there has been reporting to that effect and let me say, there’s been reporting to a lot of effects in this case, not just now but over the years and, again, I would hesitant to take this reporting as fact. This was a case that was brought by our office, it was brought based on the facts and I look at the reporting and others, I can’t address it directly because of our guidelines, but I can tell you that a lot of reporting is going down rabbit holes.

To anyone acquainted with our nation’s capital, that’s a non-denial denial of an epic kind. Given the chance to refute Ward’s report, specifically that the Epstein case involved intelligence matters, Acosta did nothing of the sort. Indeed, he functionally admitted that it’s true.

source

Ehud Barak on Jeffrey Epstein’s death: I wish I’d never met him
    Barak’s ties to Epstein, which go back over 15 years, have become an unexpected hot-button issue in the election campaign in Israel, after Epstein was arrested last month.
    <snip>
    Barak, who entered a business deal with Epstein in 2015, years after the American financier served time for solicitation, has called long-rumored allegations of sex trafficking by Epstein “abhorrent” and announced that he had officially cut off all business ties with him.

But he has also been linked as a frequent visitor to Epstein’s properties.

source

Jeffrey Epstein may have taken "vast sums" from Victoria's Secret billionaire
    • Financier Jeffrey Epstein, who was arrested in July on charges related to the sex trafficking of children, may have taken at least $46 million from retail tycoon Leslie Wexner.
    • Wexner disclosed the "misappropriation" of funds for the first time on Wednesday in a letter to his family foundation.
    • Wexner has faced intense scrutiny for his long business relationship with Epstein, who was convicted of an earlier sex crime in 2008 and was arrested last month on sex trafficking charges.

source

He obviously got a sweet deal the first time round in light of the charges he could have faced several years ago so there were favours called in, second time round there was no way out and more likely if he was misappropriating funds from his alleged biggest customer he crossed somebody and they had enough clout to get him sent to jail and then allegedly the guards 'did NOT check his cell according to procedure' the night he hanged himself. Dead men tell no tales.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Colsin91

I don’t want to seem like the tin-foil hat sort, but I have made the following observation. I checked all the major media outlets for their coverage. The Dailymail seems to have accrued minimal comments about the stories involving Prince Andrew (4 comments for a major news story after 12 hours). And the news coverage seems more interested in covering the news about him and Fergie getting back together on the Dailymail. It seems that the main story about Prince Andrew is being suppressed???

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Colsin91

Colsin91 wrote: »
    I don’t want to seem like the tin-foil hat sort, but I have made the following observation. I checked all the major media outlets for their coverage. The Dailymail seems to have accrued minimal comments about the stories involving Prince Andrew (4 comments for a major news story after 12 hours). And the news coverage seems more interested in covering the news about him and Fergie getting back together on the Dailymail. It seems that the main story about Prince Andrew is being suppressed???

Here is the news-story. Amazing when you consider that one about Meghan Markle this morning already has over 1k comments

The UK media also have to contend with more severe libel laws that the US and the D-notice system if necessary they can use DSMA-Notice 05: Personnel and their Families who work in Sensitive Positions.

Positive comments being allowed by the moderator on dailymail but look at the comment votes.

0fcmJsy

https://imgur.com/a/0fcmJsy

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I don't recall ever seeing the dead body of a celebrity whose committed suicide ever being put on display for the media to take pictures.
    So now you have the proof you're looking for that they did show the body and that it wasn't cremated...and now you're saying its staged but with zero proof to back it up. LMAO

LMAO to you as well :D

When looking for explanations don't forget Occam's razor. Epstein was just a really rich pervert whose luck ran out rather than a Mossad or CIA asset tasked with collecting kompromat on influential people. A pampered twit like Epstein, used to a life of luxury and leisure, in jail on a sex charge would be eaten alive and quite possibly killed when put in the general prison population. It is not unusual that he would try to kill himself if he faced a long stretch in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Very interesting development. Donald has publically linked Bill Clinton to Jeffrey Epsteins sex trafficking ring. Mr Epstein mysteriously died in custody yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Epstein story is not on the front page of the Sunday Times but it does make the Mail, Express, Telegraph and Observer (Guardian).
    This link contains all the front pages
    https://suttonnick.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This could get very interesting yet

• Advertisement

“He Was Like Boo Radley”: The Mysteries of Jeffrey Epstein’s Financial Black Book
    William D. Cohan, July 24, 2019
    “…I didn’t really know Jeffrey. He was like Boo Radley in the corner of the room. After I met him, he became Jeffrey Epstein, he had no interest in me. He knew right out of the box who the players were, the people who would stay out all night, people who had interests in extracurricular objectives, and who the hitters were. That wasn’t me.”
    <snip>
    The Wall Street names in the book range from the highly prominent to the obscure, and, for some unknown reason, a disproportionate number of names of bankers in it worked once upon a time at Lazard, my old firm. The prominent are easy to identify, but why were their names in the book? Why would the late David Rockefeller’s name be in there? He was, of course, the textbook definition of moral rectitude before he died two years ago, at the age of 101. Also in the Epstein book are deceased financiers, such as Lord Hanson, the British industrialist; John Gutfreund, the onetime “King of Wall Street,” who presided over a major Treasury market scandal when he was the leader of Salomon Brothers; Paul Allen, the cofounder of Microsoft; Edmond Safra, a billionaire banker who perished in a fire in his apartment in Monaco in 1999; and Al Taubman, the billionaire Detroit real-estate tycoon who was caught up in a scandal involving Sotheby’s. (Taubman’s son Bobby is also in Epstein’s book).

source

Edmond Safra is a name I've heard before read Death in Monaco. He founded Hermitage Capital Management with one Bill Browder who the Russians want to prosecute for fraud and tax evasion. Sergei Magnitsky was the tax accountant for Hermitage who died in jail.
    See also Colm Keena: Irish angle in audacious $230m Russian tax fraud

The really odd thing is that Magnitsky Act is passed by the United States Congress and Senate even though the actions taken happened outside their jurisdiction. This act is at the centre of a deterioration in relations between Russia and the United States. Browder contributed to Senators Benjamin Cardin and John McCain, who pushed forward the bill in the American legislature.

I'm not saying Epstein had anything to do with this, he was obviously a guy who got around these circles. The name Edmond Safra piqued my interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the existing Epstein thread

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Very interesting development. Donald has publically linked Bill Clinton to Jeffrey Epsteins sex trafficking ring. Mr Epstein mysteriously died in custody yesterday.

thats rich coming from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭phater phagan

fryup wrote: »

Exactly; and especially since it is his "private lawyer" who's over the DOJ.
    A better theory might be that the prison guards were instructed from their superiors to go lightly on checking him.
    Of course, his supporters comments that the Russian investigation is a"hoax", and the White Supremacy tag is a "hoax".
    However, their spreading of the rumour that Hillary Clinton ran a paedophile ring from a bakery in New York is truth.
    It is just too bizarre, but nothing surprises me about Trump's people.

It is entirely plausible that Clinton would have used Epsteins "services". It is on the record that he was a frequent flyer on the 'lolita express', and he is a well known sex predator. Trump is a lot of things but I don't think a pedo is one of them, I have no doubt Bill Clinton is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,706 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It is entirely plausible that Clinton would have used Epsteins "services". It is on the record that he was a frequent flyer on the 'lolita express', and he is a well known sex predator. Trump is a lot of things but I don't think a pedo is one of them, I have no doubt Bill Clinton is.

I wouldnt be so sure about that

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-former-miss-arizona-tasha-dixon-naked-undressed-backstage-howard-stern-a7357866.html%3famp
    Four women who competed in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant also said the Republican used to walk in. Some of the girls were as young as 15.

“You know they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

• Advertisement

Epstein, or How Your News is Cooked
    That main take-away, the Big Kahuna, which concerns the President of the United States, is that Giuffre fully exonerates Trump. At least for what she has witnessed of Epstein’s behavior. And Giuffre, if you follow the story, was a pretty central figure in the Epstein/Maxwell depravity. And she was that for many years. So you would think that must be the Guardian’s big fat headline tomorrow morning. Yeah, good luck.

The Guardian wrote the story for you long ago -and you don’t get a say-: Trump=BAD and Putin=BAD and Julian Assange=BAD and Jeremy Corbyn=an antisemite, so also BAD.

Here are the docs:

<snip>
    Also, the news out of those unsealed docs is that the President of the United States is exonerated by perhaps the no. 1 victim in Jeffrey Epstein’s cabal, and the media just “forget” to report on that?

source

media not going so well or Clinton either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭phater phagan

And of course his remarks about Epstein liking them "on the younger side", and referring to his own daughter when she was 9 years old as "hot" shows his nature. Given his mendacity and filth that comes out of his mouth, I wouldn't trust him around any young girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/status/1160205614783635458

Wake up people. He was a very high profile prisoner, they had him this should not have happened.. Excuses will be made and some of the media will claim there know grand conspiracy here, but only the gullible will believe that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,553 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Epstein himself claimed last month that he was attacked, that they tried to kill him. Why would be claim that? He said it, he should know.

• Advertisement

Polanski got a standing ovation from DNC Hollywood supporters during the Oscar ceremony. The applause for a child abuser shows clearly the amazing double standard on sex that the left indulges in…any sex no matter how depraved, is OK if you are a Democrat?

Dear Jesus, trying to make this into a left versus right issue.. I think this most want convictions regardless of where the perpetrators stand on the political spectrum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Dear Jesus, trying to make this into a left versus right issue.. I think this most want convictions regardless of where the perpetrators stand on the political spectrum...

Just to be clear - are you responding to the Clinton bashers or the Trump bashers or both?

Just to be clear - are you responding to the Clinton bashers or the Trump bashers or both?

Both, although unfortunately Trump himself is engaging in the very same bull**** by pushing some of the more batty conspiracies. That's a statement of fact, not bashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Must have been terrible for the lad. Built up a successful career for himself and made his billions only for some chungwan he rode years ago to come along saying she was forced into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Both, although unfortunately Trump himself is engaging in the very same bull**** by pushing some of the more batty conspiracies. That's a statement of fact, not bashing.

Couldn’t resist getting a dig in. Pot, kettle.

Must have been terrible for the lad. Built up a successful career for himself and made his billions only for some chungwan he rode years ago to come along saying she was forced into it

He ran a sex trafficking racket of minors... I'd suggest you familiarise yourself with the story rather than spouting uninformed nonsense.
    Couldn’t resist getting a dig in. Pot, kettle.

Hardly, he is engaging in the exact same stuff that posters in this thread are. I'm not speculating about Trump's involvement with Epstein, I'm literally referring to POTUS retweeting conspiracy theories. That only contributes further towards politicising it rather than an actual pursuit of justice for victims.

Is it a conspiracy theory because the MSM say so. They have a long history of covering for the Clintons. If it is such an unfounded theory with no truth to it then Bill should be on to his team of Lawyers to sue trump for defamation.. that will never happen though.

All the hero worship of Bill Clinton. He was practically held up as a walking saint in this country. I can understand the blind defence of the man, people don't like to think they were admireing a pedo. Clinton is up there with Jimmy Savile in terms of being a sexual predator.

Hardly, he is engaging in the exact same stuff that posters in this thread are. I'm not speculating about Trump's involvement with Epstein, I'm literally referring to POTUS retweeting conspiracy theories. That only contributes further towards politicising it rather than an actual pursuit of justice for victims.

Few people are interested in justice for victims (other than lawyers). Elements of the media are taking every opportunity to associate Donald Trump with Jeffrey Epstein for political purposes and have consistently sought to denigrate him even before he was elected president of the United States. As an example prior to Epsteins death the news cycle actively implied that Trump was the inspiration for the recent mass shootings until that narrative fell apart and Democrats were portrayed as standing on the coffins of the dead for political and financial gain.

Trump Is a White Nationalist Who Inspires Terrorism
    Michelle Goldberg, Aug. 5, 2019

White Terrorism Shows ‘Stunning’ Parallels to Islamic State’s Rise
    Max Fisher, Aug. 5, 2019

I Spent 25 Years Fighting Jihadis. White Supremacists Aren’t So Different.
    Ali H. Soufan, Aug. 5, 2019

Trump, Tax Cuts and Terrorism
    Paul Krugman, Aug. 5, 2019

The Nihilist in Chief - How our president and our mass shooters are connected to the same dark psychic forces.
    Ross Douthat, Aug. 6, 2019

This is the New York Times (and many others that take their lead from this paper) spewing incendiary language at a volume and intensity that What in the world is driving this hysteria that seems to be coordinated? Is the hatred of Trump that visceral among certain members of the media or given the original attacks failed on him is this a new strategy going into 2020? Trump has been engaged in a direct fight with the media, they throw muck at him and he flings it right back at them.

The problem here is that the media is engaging in guilt by association so paradoxically the victims of Epsteins death may be Donald Trump, Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew and anyone else who gets dragged through the mud.

• Advertisement
Advertisement