Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

All the hero worship of Bill Clinton. He was practically held up as a walking saint in this country. I can understand the blind defence of the man, people don't like to think they were admireing a pedo. Clinton is up there with Jimmy Savile in terms of being a sexual predator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

There shouldn't have been anything in his cell that he could have used to hang himself. Very fishy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Had he talked to his lawyers since the first attempted suicide?
    Did he speak out about anyone attacking him that time?

I'd believe people in powerful positions putting pressure on him to kill himself but I don't think he was murdered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

tuxy wrote: »
    Had he talked to his lawyers since the first attempted suicide?
    Did he speak out about anyone attacking him that time?

I'd believe people in powerful positions putting pressure on him to kill himself but I don't think he was murdered.

Murdered / coerced into committing suicide is there really a difference?

Id be interested to know who decided he should be taken off suicide watch.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Murdered / coerced into committing suicide is there really a difference?

Id be interested to know who decided he should be taken off suicide watch.

Well one is going to be much easier to cover up so I guess that's the main difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,555 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He claimed he was attacked. But they still left him in a position to get attacked again.

He claimed he was attacked.

Is there a source for that?
    It seemed at the time the authorities had no interest in finding out if he was attacked or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,555 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is there a source for that?
    It seemed at the time the authorities had no interest in finding out if he was attacked or not.

It was official that he claimed he was attacked. Lawyer said it.

But when your cell mate is an ex cop with connections then its sounds possible that he was used to kill him.
    37861007001_5257398347001_5257386571001-vs.jpg

It was official that he claimed he was attacked. Lawyer said it.

Yes I understand what you're saying and I'm not doubting it I'd just like a source for it as I can't find one.
    Who did his Lawyer say it to and was it reported in the media?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Yes I understand what you're saying and I'm not doubting it I'd just like a source for it as I can't find one.
    Who did his Lawyer say it to and was it reported in the media?

IT may be a "front page of the Internet" effect, but I can't find any claims from his lawyer at all, in fact he has refused to comment since his death.

The claims that someone tried to kill him weeks before his first suicide attempt (if that's what it was) are from inmates and anonymous guards, and all seem to date from after his death.

I'd really like to see a link to his lawyer making this allegation and dating from the days before his death, not after it. I can't seem to find that.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Attorneys for 'El Chapo' fight his pre-trial solitary confinement
    Saturday, March 18, 2017
    He remains in the New York Metropolitan Correctional Center pre-trial, one of only a dozen inmates in the SHU special housing unit.

As in all SHU units, Chapo's 12-by-20-foot cell is what amounts to a toilet with bars and a slab to sleep on. He is there 23 hours a day. Prisoners are let out to exercise in pens for an hour a day. Meals are shoved through a slot in the cell door. Lights always on, the air conditioning running constantly.

Although his American accommodations don't appear much different than what he had in Mexico, Chapo's attorneys this week filed a 24-page letter with the court asking that Chapo be moved out of the SHU, unofficially known as the hell hole. The jail is sandwiched between the U.S. Attorney's offices and federal courthouses protected by steel barricades capable of stopping a seven-and-a-half ton truck.

SHU's have been controversial for years, even though the Bureau of Prisons has pages of regulations as to who may be put there and why and how they are to be treated.

source

A Horrifying Death in a Horrifying Jail
    We know that solitary confinement, where Epstein was being held, causes severe mental degradation. Report after report has cautioned against isolating prisoners with known mental disorders, and evidence shows that solitary confinement can trigger acute psychosis in people with no history of psychiatric problems. We know the suicide rate in correctional facilities is far higher than the rate in the general public. And we know that jails and prisons are ill-equipped to address mental health issues even as they become our primary warehouses for mentally ill people. More than 2,000 prisoners at MCC and the federal jail in Brooklyn share a single full-time psychiatrist and just a handful of psychologists.

Solitary confinement at MCC, as described by those who have survived it, is especially hellish. In the Special Housing Unit where Epstein was held, the fluorescent lights are kept on 23 or 24 hours a day, prisoners are prohibited from calling out to each other, and the cell windows are frosted to prevent any glimpse of the outside world.

source

Epstein’s Death Has a Simpler Explanation
    Hundreds of individuals are thought to commit suicide each year in jails throughout the country, and suicide is still thought to be the leading cause of death in such facilities. Why such uncertainty? The U.S. Justice Department’s reporting program for deaths in correctional institutions has not released any data since 2016. The program was first established in 1990 to require the Justice Department to collect data on all deaths in custody from state and local authorities. As last reported in 2016, 2014 saw 372 suicides in local jails throughout the United States, resulting in a suicide rate of 50 deaths per 100,000 inmates. In state and federal prisons, 249 inmates died by suicide during 2014, resulting in a suicide rate of 20 deaths per 100,000 inmates.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Ben Done

God this website has become very hard to read in recent times.
    Anything with even a tangential link to politics ends up reading like it's an American based website, with talk of left and right, 'liberals' etc..

I can't figure out if it's been infiltrated by people outside Ireland, who find it an easy place to troll, or if there's genuinely a generation of Irish kids who were reared on the darker recesses of Reddit.

Ben Done wrote: »
    Anything with even a tangential link to politics ends up reading like it's an American based website, with talk of left and right, 'liberals' etc..

I can't figure out if it's been infiltrated by people outside Ireland, who find it an easy place to troll, or if there's genuinely a generation of Irish kids who were reared on the darker recesses of Reddit.

Trolls also bring us unintended enlightenment.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

20Cent wrote: »
    There shouldn't have been anything in his cell that he could have used to hang himself. Very fishy.

But they had 24/7 CCTV on him so I suppose we'll find out real soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

But they had 24/7 CCTV on him so I suppose we'll find out real soon.

Not a word of a lie I forget which online rag had it but apparently there was a camera malfunction.
    I could not be arsed to Google it again but yes it is real along with the two guards in the area told to get out of the way 3 hours before the death to allow for cell maintenance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Not a word of a lie I forget which online rag had it but apparently there was a camera malfunction.
    I could not be arsed to Google it again but yes it is real along with the two guards in the area told to get out of the way 3 hours before the death to allow for cell maintenance.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/jeffrey-epstein-camera-malfunction/
    https://www.rt.com/usa/466244-epstein-suicide-watch-facts/
    https://sputniknews.com/us/201908111076522492-epsteins-apparent-suicide-provokes-conspiracy-theories/

https://twitter.com/MichaelCoudrey/status/1160199691373621250

Many other sources claim he wasn't on suicide watch when he died. Which would be a much better cover up than 'the camera broke' - If there is a cover up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Ben Done wrote: »

High level democrats are implicated as being connected to him. We seem to have a predictable narrative where right leaning people dont for a second believe it was suicide, whereas liberals have a 'how dare you even suggest' response as it protects their own.

I'm right leaning, however when I attach myself from politics, this case seems very suspicious. This site aswell as its sister site the journal, are heavily biased. 90% of the posters here are liberals, I'd even go as far as to say they are activists. The journal appears to be a site that employs activists masquerading as columnists. I have to admit the journal angers me in ways I never thought possible, smug sanctimonious activists only reporting parts of stories, also twisting the narrative to suit their bias.

Sorry to go off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭phater phagan

The Russian bots are constantly active. Even on this site. Influencing the Irish/American voters for the 2020 election?
    Who knows? We who respect democracy must be on the alert and confront this attack on it wherever it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

The Russian bots are constantly active. Even on this site. Influencing the Irish/American voters for the 2020 election? Who knows? We who respect democracy must be on the alert and confront this attack on it wherever it happens.

Haha. What?

• Advertisement

The Russian bots are constantly active. Even on this site. Influencing the Irish/American voters for the 2020 election?
    Who knows? We who respect democracy must be on the alert and confront this attack on it wherever it happens.

Russian bots or skills on behalf of the establishment.Is there any in between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Suckit wrote: »

Just one source, it not confirmition yet its true. Former immates and some former guards have claimed the cells had cameras installed looking down at the cells, and each cell had cameras installed inside.

Why was Epstein taken off suicide watch? The psychiatrist who talked with Epstein needs to be brought in for questioning, he had to sign off on. There so many conflicting stories. If you tried to commit suicide then you don't come off the watch list a week later?

Epstein was truly suicidal then the people working there ****ed up. Negligence is not something i buy into right now.

My opinion.The guards looked the other way and allowed Epstein to hang himself or it went down like this other immates or guards attacked him and they made it look like a suicide. Third option the guards and the prison officials ****ed up this very hard to believe since he one of most high profile prisoners in the world.

lufties wrote: »
    Russian bots or skills on behalf of the establishment.Is there any in between.

Well. Moscow Mitch and his comrades seem determined to make verification of voter malfeasance to be discerned by not allowing legislation passed by both houses to stop it in law.

Sorry my last post was badly phrased. What I meant to say is that Mitch McConnell stopped legislated actions to stop outside (Russian) activity to influence the presidential and congressional election in 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

My opinion.The guards looked the other way and allowed Epstein to hang himself or it went down like this other immates or guards attacked him and they made it look like a suicide. Third option the guards and the prison officials ****ed up this very hard to believe since he one of most high profile prisoners in the world.

There is an open KOS (Kill On Sight) contract on sex offenders in prisons in the US, so I'm in little doubt that some of the other inmates got him and the officials are running with the camera story as a cover up. Gangs run a lot of the US prisons and the prison guards can't protect prisoners 24/7. Shaun Attwood, ax ex-drug kingpin form England, who served time in the US, talks about it in some of his videos. Not going to post clips here because some of the content wouldn't be suitable for boards, I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Was he held in a prison where the death penalty was carried out?

I don't know, but a lethal injection is one way of doing it, cardiac arrest.

I reckon he is on a plane under a different ID to somewhere else. He is not dead at all.

That's just to get the conspiracy nuts to react. Sorry.

Berserker wrote: »
    There is an open KOS (Kill On Sight) contract on sex offenders in prisons in the US, so I'm in little doubt that some of the other inmates got him and the officials are running with the camera story as a cover up. Gangs run a lot of the US prisons and the prison guards can't protect prisoners 24/7. Shaun Attwood, ax ex-drug kingpin form England, who served time in the US, talks about it in some of his videos. Not going to post clips here because some of the content wouldn't be suitable for boards, I suspect.
    To me, that seems least likely. The guy was a billionaire. I reckon he could have afforded protection, or even paid off a few to leave him.
    They likely would have admitted that straight away. Take Whitey Bulger, he was pushed out of site of the CCTV in his wheelchair and beaten with a padlock in a sock, had his eyes almost gouged out and his tongue half cut off.
    The authorities admitted that immediately.
    It is different, as Whitey no longer had his FBI connections etc.. But it would be easier to admit that then just release the fact that he is dead in an apparent suicide.

Was he held in a prison where the death penalty was carried out? I don't know, but a lethal injection is one way of doing it, cardiac arrest.

Held in NY, so nope. Getting your head smashed open by a bunch of nutcases would also do the trick.
    I reckon he is on a plane under a different ID to somewhere else. He is not dead at all.

Off to Russia to live under the name Jeffrey Epsteinov.

Was he held in a prison where the death penalty was carried out?

I don't know, but a lethal injection is one way of doing it, cardiac arrest.

New york have considers the death penalty unconstitutional for about a decade so no.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/jeffrey-epstein-2-1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=1200

Far too risky to keep him alive. I still believed enough pressure was applyed to him until he knew death was the only option.

To me, that seems least likely. The guy was a billionaire. I reckon he could have afforded protection, or even paid off a few to leave him. They likely would have admitted that straight away.

What gang would protect him though? These guys live by a very strict set of rules. Their name would be dirt if they accepted payment from someone like that. If he was in for drugs, money laundering, murder they'd make a fortune off him in exchange for protection, for sure.

• Advertisement

What gang would protect him though? These guys live by a very strict set of rules. Their name would be dirt if they accepted payment from someone like that. If he was in for drugs, money laundering, murder they'd make a fortune off him in exchange for protection, for sure.

They have no rules, especially when it comes to money. They say anyone can be bought for the right price, In prison I would imagine that is especially true.
    They are scumbags themselves.

They have no rules, especially when it comes to money. They say anyone can be bought for the right price, In prison I would imagine that is especially true.
    They are scumbags themselves.

Yes I've watched some youtube videos from former prisoners. Generally sex offenders get their heads smashed in but not if they have enough to pay people off. Usually they are fairly safe once their money does not run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Clintons had him killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,706 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Clintons had him killed.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Clintons had him killed.

Bill couldn't even get a BJ without being caught doubt he could mastermind this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Apart from those at the top, there must have been quiet a large network lower down procuring those girls.

I haven't heard much about all that and how it was operated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Seemingly some sources claim that the American Secret Service were well aware of Epstein's shenanigans ...but instead of arresting him used him for getting high profile bigwigs into compromising positions ??

From what i heard, he was placed in a secure wing of the prison for high profile prisoners. It not a normal prison. He was not mixing with gangs. Epstein was in same wing that kept El Chapo. The wing was monitored 24/7 with cameras, they don't shut off. Prison guards and former immates have told sources the cells have cameras monitoring the front of the door and are also placed inside the cell. El Chapo was known to organise escapes and he escaped while in his cell block in Mexico, so he was send to this prison for a reason.

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote: »
    Bill couldn't even get a BJ without being caught doubt he could mastermind this.

White house hardly the best place to keep a secret. He was going to get caught.

Bill Clinton travelled on Epstein lolita express private jet 26 times. Bill guilty as sin. The only unknown did he have sex with underage girls?

archer22 wrote: »
    Apart from those at the top, there must have been quiet a large network lower down procuring those girls.

I haven't heard much about all that and how it was operated.

Yep multiple people are named in the files, that got released. You have to read the files to see how it operated. Yet most people will never read it.

Sources are now claiming Gladine Maxwell has disappeared. Last known location Europe.

What they don't tell you about the Plea deal Epstein got. Epstein high powered friends were granted immunity in this deal. This a major scandal that rarely talked about. And his victims were not notified. Acosta was only person who resigned over this and in a few years this scumbag will be given another high profile job.

Jeffrey Epstein autopsy results delayed, chief medical examiner says ...Conspiracy sites are probaby off the charts right now and i not have looked yet, it was already madness last few days.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/11/jeffrey-epstein-autopsy-results-delayed-chief-medi/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Jeffrey Epstein autopsy results delayed, chief medical examiner says ...Conspiracy sites are probaby off the charts right now and i not have looked yet, it was already madness last few days.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/11/jeffrey-epstein-autopsy-results-delayed-chief-medi/

The real conspiracy sites are the ones you just posted

The real conspiracy sites are the ones you just posted

Official news outlets now attacking people for questioning this. It now a Russian controlled conspiracy narrative according to CBS news. **** these people. They sold out long time ago. I told you this would happen and this event will only be talked about on conspiracy sites in a few weeks.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeffrey-epstein-death-apparent-suicide-inspires-conspiracy-theories-2019-08-11/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

biko wrote: »
    I'm glad he is arrested. Shows rich people are not above the law.

It was the only way they could kill him I suppose. Dead men don't talk. Rich men who are not incarcerated can afford plenty of security. Yet another dead man to add to the body count that had dirt on the Clintons.

• Advertisement

Here is what is known.

Epstein was 66 years old and was set to stand trial in 2020 for allegedly sexually abusing dozens of minor girls in New York and Florida.
    • The US Department of Justice, said Epstein died of “an apparent suicide” and said the FBI was investigating the incident.
    • Most of mainstream is sticking to stating this was a suicide. There is no evidence of suicide and his cause of death is still unknown. He was simply found lifeless in his cell and rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
    • So far some theories have come forth of people claiming it’s not his body and he is still alive. There has not been any real validity to this and an autopsy has been carried out but the results are delayed by the medical examiner pending more information.
    • Epstein’s death came within 24 hours after long-sealed documents were released by a federal court in a since-settled lawsuit against Epstein’s ex-girlfriend by Virginia Giuffre, one of Epstein’s accusers.
    • Only Epstein faced charges and four named Epstein associates identified as “potential co-conspirators” avoided charges under a deal in 2007.
    • Claims of camera malfunctions in his cell went viral, so far there is no evidence of this indications are the cameras are on the outside of the cells of the special housing unit (SHU) where Epstein was known to be last held with the Metropolitan Correctional Center.
    • There are reports that the prison guards too exhausted from working overtime to check on Epstein every 30 minutes as required.

The Epstein-Linked Russian ‘Matchmaker’ Who Allegedly Hooked Up Foreign Girls with Powerful Men
    Back in 2016, the New York Post ran a story alleging that convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein had moved beyond having his assistants “troll local high schools” for girls, and instead had begun “importing his playmates from Russia.”

One of the men who allegedly “procured” such girls for Epstein and other affluent men is Peter Listerman, was reportedly “running scared” when reporters approached him earlier this month at a film festival asking questions about his ties to Epstein, according to a report from the Daily Beast Monday.

According to the report, Listerman’s reputation for “matchmaking,” in which he would connect rich men to young models, has been notorious for decades, citing multiple interviews wherein Listerman brags about the number of women he’s hooked up with rich men.

source

For historical context older readers may remember Stephen Ward from the Profumo affair in the 1960s.

Here is a quick guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Lame stuff from the Ministry .... trying too hard which is always a giveaway.
    You would expect the conspiracy theory stuff to emerge days, weeks or months after the death of Epstein but the day after ... :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49312746

You would expect the conspiracy theory stuff to emerge days, weeks or months after the death of Epstein but the day after ... :rolleyes:

I'm not trolling, but just curious. If I may ask, are you a pro EU, Irish government loving, Democrat loving, Trump hating, liberal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

There was no Russian interference in the election. A complete hogwash story to distract from who was really interfering in it like our friend Mark Zuckerberg. Also completely off topic in this thread.

Articles like this are why the MSM have 0 credibility anymore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement