Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers Taking over Carrickpherrish Road.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wfdrun

Was your house robbed?

Was your mother's house?

Contact Joe Kelly contact Jim Griffin.
    Waterford city FG FF no go area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Doubling is also a problem, where first cousins marry first cousins and their siblings do likewise.

Intellectual disability due to repetitive inbreeding, selective inbreeding is a massive problem, but let's not talk about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

wfdrun wrote: »
    Waterford city FG FF no go area.

Waterford City is a Sanctuary City, its going to be great like Detroit and Los Angeles. Drugs will flow freely and parallel legal systems will be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Cabaal wrote: »
    Mod Warning

It's important that people can discuss events and situations that happen in Waterford City. However, that doesn't give people a free for all to suggest harm or methods that are illegal under the law against individuals or groups in Ireland. May I remind you that forced sterilization is classed as genocide!

It's simply not on and is not acceptable in this forum or any other on boards.ie. If you want to spread hate like this then expect to be banned.

Any further discussions of what way travellers should be "taken care" of including violence or forced sterilization etc will be resulting in a very lengthy ban from the Waterford forum.
    Say that if a traveller in a sulky kills a child from the Gaelscoil, its nearly happened a few times. Discussion would go out the window then.

Say that if a traveller in a sulky kills a child from the Gaelscoil, its nearly happened a few times. Discussion would go out the window then.

You mean those fine fed animals?
    You can those animal used for that great sport and ISPCA wouldnt touch?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/watch-shocking-footage-shows-sulky-crash-in-kilkenny-795308.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

The same laws dont apply to them as they are a "recognised Minority". So they cannot be targeted specifically by law enforcement, despite occupying a disproportionate number of Cells in Mountjoy and Dochas. I think travellers take up 15% of the cells despite being only 1% of the population. 80% of Traveller men have a criminal record. These are facts, someone is going to call this "Hate Speech".

Can you show quote me the reference to the specific ‘recognized minority’ leglislation that you say exists....?

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Can you show quote me the reference to the specific ‘recognized minority’ leglislation that you say exists....?

Travellers were explicitly named in the Incitement to Hatred Act, the Employment Equality & Equality Status Act.

https://www.paveepoint.ie/about-us/traveller-ethnicity-why-is-it-so-important/
    A variety of national and international organisations called on the Irish Government to recognise Traveller ethnicity.
    These Council of Europe mechanisms including the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities and the European Commission Against Racism & Intolerance (ECRI) made this call.
    A range of United Nations Treaty Bodies including the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racism and Discrimination, the UN Committee for Economic, Social & Cultural Rights and the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child did the same. Irish Travellers were recognised as an ethnic group in the UK and Northern Ireland in 1997 and 2000.

Guess you missed that earlier this year with every Traveller wanting their 7 acres and a mule as reparations since 1922. Fair play boss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Three Sulkys were racing on Tramore beach this morning. They were coming and you had to move out of the way. Not sure where the law stands in this regard

thomasm wrote: »
    Three Sulkys were racing on Tramore beach this morning. They were coming and you had to move out of the way. Not sure where the law stands in this regard

"Racist", "hate speech", "reasonable accommodation for cultural diversity" and the coupe de grace ..... "muh culture, boss!" :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I was hitting a sliotar to the dog down there this morning and I was asked to stop by a woman.
    She surely Said something to the sulky drivers.!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

debok wrote: »
    I was hitting a sliotar to the dog down there this morning and I was asked to stop by a woman.

Should have told her it was your culture.

Seriously, what was her problem? Did she have the “I want to talk to the manager haircut”?

Why did she want you to stop ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sliotar is slang for a cat in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Odelay wrote: »
    Should have told her it was your culture.

Seriously, what was her problem? Did she have the “I want to talk to the manager haircut”?

Maybe it was after 11am when dogs arent allowed on the beach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Maybe it was after 11am when dogs arent allowed on the beach?

I hope your joking considering what is going on and who we are talking about.

Tasfasdf wrote: »

Chill your pipes, I love dogs, they always ask to be let out before they take a dump and they respond to training. Dogs are wonderful affectionate creatures.

Tasfasdf wrote: »

I always find this funny :D I can walk up Carrickpherrish road and get asked for a license for my dog but there is often a Horses roaming free up that road, taking dumps the size of a Jack Russel and nothing is said.

One rule for them and another for the rest..... typical. They should be moved on, they are ruining what was once a nice area. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Look at the washing lines hung from the trees for crying out loud. I must go out and hang a load of washing lines on my neighbours trees and hang out my washing on their lawns....

As bad as it was years ago, it's gone to hell up there now.

Azatadine wrote: »
    Look at the washing lines hung from the trees for crying out loud. I must go out and hang a load of washing lines on my neighbours trees and hang out my washing on their lawns....

As bad as it was years ago, it's gone to hell up there now.

This country needs to bring in new legislation to deal with these kinds of people. Utter chancers are all they are, and they need to start following the same rules as everyone else in our society. Bring in a law that anyone parking up illegally can be moved instantly and if they start taking the piss just tow their caravan to an impound lot and keep doing this until the get the message.

Last February or March I saw a child that looked no older than two years of age out playing by himself wearing nothing but just a nappy. That children should be taken into custody for their own safety and that is only the start of the list….

There is rubbish all around the place up there, Horses roaming free, they drive out of their site and onto the main road without even looking if anything is coming, they scream at people as they are walking past, burned out cars keep randomly appearing, setting things on fire, Sulky racing up the main road, Kids that look about 5 years of age riding a sulky by themselves, throwing stones at the Gaelscoile and the list goes oooooooonnnnnnn.

If only they made it easier to move these illegal encampments. Why couldn’t they put them on wheels with a tow bar so Garda jeeps could just drag them out ? Be easier for all concerned.

• Advertisement

Travellers were explicitly named in the Incitement to Hatred Act, the Employment Equality & Equality Status Act.

https://www.paveepoint.ie/about-us/traveller-ethnicity-why-is-it-so-important/
    A variety of national and international organisations called on the Irish Government to recognise Traveller ethnicity.
    These Council of Europe mechanisms including the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities and the European Commission Against Racism & Intolerance (ECRI) made this call.
    A range of United Nations Treaty Bodies including the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racism and Discrimination, the UN Committee for Economic, Social & Cultural Rights and the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child did the same. Irish Travellers were recognised as an ethnic group in the UK and Northern Ireland in 1997 and 2000.

Guess you missed that earlier this year with every Traveller wanting their 7 acres and a mule as reparations since 1922. Fair play boss

Where is the law saying that they can park their caravans/tie up this horses whereever they like and steal, beg etc........?

Being named in the ‘incitement to hatred’ act hardly qualifies as relieving them of obeying all other rules and responsibilities of the state...?

This country needs to bring in new legislation to deal with these kinds of people. Utter chancers are all they are, and they need to start following the same rules as everyone else in our society. Bring in a law that anyone parking up illegally can be moved instantly and if they start taking the piss just tow their caravan to an impound lot and keep doing this until the get the message.

Last February or March I saw a child that looked no older than two years of age out playing by himself wearing nothing but just a nappy. That children should be taken into custody for their own safety and that is only the start of the list….

There is rubbish all around the place up there, Horses roaming free, they drive out of their site and onto the main road without even looking if anything is coming, they scream at people as they are walking past, burned out cars keep randomly appearing, setting things on fire, Sulky racing up the main road, Kids that look about 5 years of age riding a sulky by themselves, throwing stones at the Gaelscoile and the list goes oooooooonnnnnnn.

I think you will find all those laws already exist...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TheGom

Sickens me to read such intolerant views, do any of you realise how racist and indoctrinated what you're are saying is. Make "Ireland great again", blame the knackers. Vote FG FF, target a easy minority for your disillusionment in life........... wake up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Intolerent?.....Take a spin up there some time and come back and tell us that the state of that place and how they treat the srea is ok. You clearly have not seen the area

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

They made some mess out in Dunmore east at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Every time there is a traveller related thread it always seems to bring about 2 types of posters...

ones who use it as an excuse to say vile and disgusting things about the traveling community,
    and others who will defend the community to the hilt ignoring obvious issues with crime and social issues in there community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

TheGom wrote: »
    Sickens me to read such intolerant views, do any of you realise how racist and indoctrinated what you're are saying is. Make "Ireland great again", blame the knackers. Vote FG FF, target a easy minority for your disillusionment in life........... wake up!

Go for a walk up there,then come back and make a comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

TheGom wrote: »

I don't give one damn about ethnicity or any other such but if some people, regardless background, completely muck up my environment then I get upset with them.
    I believe some legal action is warranted and MUST be taken.

If that means throwing the lot in gaol I don't much care.

If they want to live here then they abide by society's rules, else they bugger off to somewhere that suits their ways.

That same attitude applies to local scumbags, as well as travellers and aliens!

Am I intolerant? Probably. But I am equally intolerant with everyone!

Does that make me racist? If yes, then I gladly don that robe!

Every time there is a traveller related thread it always seems to bring about 2 types of posters...

ones who use it as an excuse to say vile and disgusting things about the traveling community,
    and others who will defend the community to the hilt ignoring obvious issues with crime and social issues in there community.
    How do I fall into either category? I didn't bad mouth travellers. I just stated the issues that people are having with these particular group of travellers. I never said anything bad about the travelling community as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Some of the posts here have been fairly ott and some i kind of agree with but i tell ya the Waterford forum is a mad place at times because i got attacked by the sjw over in another thread over a tongue in cheek comment about their dear Rob yet in here there seems to be a policy of abuse and ignore regarding the travellers. My comment got deleted for a stupid reason yet the stuff posted here is left on thread. Absolute madness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement