Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Lost Lane on Saturday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mr Karadzic

Guess you might be right. Keyboard racists are very rarely if ever in possession of the balls to be openly racist on the street.

Still though. Depressing reading some of the stuff posted here

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Why do they have to form gangs?

One possible reason is that they are safer in numbers from racist attacks. It might be why so many carry weapons.

Another possible reason is to be tough and cause mayhem.

Maybe its a bit of both

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    One possible reason is that they are safer in numbers from racist attacks. It might be why so many carry weapons.

Maybe its a bit of both

You could be right. Although it appears these gangs are copying the carry on of the black gangs in London who have caused a stabbing epidemic over there. I dont think that has anything to do with racism either. Its just scumbaggery.

How frequent are racist attacks happening in Ireland? I can think of one case a while back with a taxi driver that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Maybe its a bit of both

Its usually black on black fights so racism and attacks don't come into it.

Was the attack on a white teen racist by such gangs in Ashbourne a few months ago? Then there is the organised fight on Henry Street by groups from N Dublin.

Physical racial attacks are extremely rare in Ireland.

Just look at the type of crimes been committed across Europe thanks to Angel Merkel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Its usually black on black fights so racism and attacks don't come into it.

Was the attack on a white teen racist by such gangs in Ashbourne a few months ago? Then there is the organised fight on Henry Street by groups from N Dublin.

Physical racial attacks are extremely rare in Ireland.

Ehhhh there’s random violence all over the country every day of the week.
    By white Irish people.

Just got sent a video the other day of a chap in Smithfield having a bottle smashed over his head.
    Years back I was given a skull fracture by a random scumbag walking past me in the street.

You probably aren’t aware of it and thankfully it has t happened to you nor would i wish it.
    But he under no illusion. There’s violence every single day all over the country.
    By white Irish scumbags.

It’s pure stupidity in threads like these to single out a different group for it simply cos they’re black.

• Advertisement

By white Irish people.

Just got sent a video the other day of a chap in Smithfield having a bottle smashed over his head.
    Years back I was given a skull fracture by a random scumbag walking past me in the street.

You probably aren’t aware of it and thankfully it has t happened to you nor would i wish it.
    But he under no illusion. There’s violence every single day all over the country.
    By white Irish scumbags.

It’s pure stupidity in threads like these to single out a different group for it simply cos they’re black.

Im not disputing white crime at all. Equally why do the media, police and TDs only single out white crime and never identify those non white involved?

RTE more concerned about reporting on drunk people in Denmark on e scouters instead of a serious incident on out capital city main street.

By white Irish people.

By white Irish scumbags.

The thread is about a black gang, nobody is singling anybody out. We are all aware that white Irish can be just as bad. I'm sure there have been plenty of threads on here about it.

Im not disputing white crime at all. Equally why do the medial, police and TDs only single out white crime and never identify those non white involved?

Because it happens on a much vaster and more frequent scale with us natives than it does any other group.

Because it happens on a much vaster and more frequent scale with us natives than it does any other group.

Does it?, Proof?

Does it?, Proof?

Well we are 80% or so of the population so it would make sense that the natives are responsible for most of the crimes. Black people make up a tiny 1% of the population.

• Advertisement

It might be unfair to say but I think it really falls to the black community to try put these gangs out of business. They are the only ones that can really make a difference imo. At the end of the day a handful of scumbags are getting everyone a bad name.

The same goes for the white community. If a gang in Ballymun is getting the area a bad reputation then the locals can help put a stop to it. If this means phoning the cops on your neighbours son then so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Well we are 80% or so of the population so it would make sense that the natives are responsible for most of the crimes. Black people make up a tiny 1% of the population.

travellers make up 1% and yet make up to 30% of prison population.

Does it?, Proof?

Can you prove there’s this huge black crime wave you seem to think is happening and somehow going unreported by the press and ignored by TDS and gardai as you said?

Have you ever visited the gangland shooting thread here?
    Give you a guess how many shootings are by black people?
    The answer will shock you!
    (Spoiler-none of them)
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/110671591

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    travellers make up 1% and yet make up to 30% of prison population.

And I was going to get to that, I'd imagine there are a number of non native criminals also committing crime at a disproportionate rate to their population, whether that be Roma blacks or eastern Europeans. It should be documented because if it is correct then we need to figure out why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Maybe its a bit of both

I haven't seen many reports of people being attacked because they are black in Ireland. You get the occasional one, but there are troglodytes in every country. Where were all these racist attacks happening that caused them to form gangs??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Maybe its a bit of both
    Their strike first policy of attacking white people en masse before they face a racist attack doesnt seem to be working too well though.

Their strike first policy of attacking white people en masse before they face a racist attack doesnt seem to be working too well though.

These young fellas have a great life, I'd imagine it's a damn sight better life than they would have had if their parents had not left whatever part of Africa.

They are not victimised in any way here but unfortunately they seem to be adopting this victim mentality that seems so prevalent among the black race.

It shouldnt be accepted and it's no excuse for them acting out the way some of them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭circadian

The thread is about a black gang, nobody is singling anybody out. We are all aware that white Irish can be just as bad. I'm sure there have been plenty of threads on here about it.

Is it? Has there been any more information released about the culprits? All I've seen is 2 grainy photos that could be from anywhere to be frank.

I could have sworn this thread was about the incident at Lost Lane, not speculation.

circadian wrote: »
    Is it? Has there been any more information released about the culprits? All I've seen is 2 grainy photos that could be from anywhere to be frank.

I could have sworn this thread was about the incident at Lost Lane, not speculation.

Well we are commenting on a newspaper article that posted those two grainy pics. If you have a problem I suggest contacting the newspaper.

Well we are commenting on a newspaper article that posted those two grainy pics. If you have a problem I suggest contacting the newspaper.

Complaining to the Sun for spinning stories for headlines. That's a good one.

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    Complaining to the Sun for spinning stories for headlines. That's a good one.

Well thats up to you. But you wont be stopping us from commenting on what was printed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It might be unfair to say but I think it really falls to the black community to try put these gangs out of business. They are the only ones that can really make a difference imo. At the end of the day a handful of scumbags are getting everyone a bad name.

The same goes for the white community. If a gang in Ballymun is getting the area a bad reputation then the locals can help put a stop to it. If this means phoning the cops on your neighbours son then so be it.
    I am starting to like you Sleeper.
    This is what the overwhelming vast majority of people (and posters) want.

A scumbag is a scumbag; irrespective of their colour.
    But just because black crime is highlighted when it does occur in Ireland, there is an immediately demand by some to censor that discussion. When crime by whites occur, there are robust discussions about it.

They are not victimised in any way here but unfortunately they seem to be adopting this victim mentality that seems so prevalent among the black race. /quote]

First of all are you listening to yourself?
    Second of all there’s countless threads ranting about immigrants daiky and some openly racists comments in this very thread.

Not victimised in any way?

Are you really sure about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Well thats up to you. But you wont be stopping us from commenting on what was printed.

We'll certainly pay close attention to the comments of someone who has named themselves after a war criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭xckjoo

We'll certainly pay close attention to the comments of someone who has named themselves after a war criminal.
    Ah that's not fair. Their main account probably has a much less controversial name :pac:

They are not victimised in any way here but unfortunately they seem to be adopting this victim mentality that seems so prevalent among the black race. /quote]

First of all are you listening to yourself?
    Second of all there’s countless threads ranting about immigrants daiky and some openly racists comments in this very thread.

Not victimised in any way?

Are you really sure about that?

A few nasty remarks on boards.ie doesnt amount to victimisation.

They are not victimised in any way here but unfortunately they seem to be adopting this victim mentality that seems so prevalent among the black race.

That's a pretty big statement. How many black teenagers have you sat down & asked about this?

I'm stating that I don't know one way or the other but I'm also suggesting that you are making assumptions about something you actually know little about. You do realise that there are racial attacks in Ireland?

Kivaro wrote:
    I am starting to like you Sleeper.

I've gone to far so. I take back my comments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

A few nasty remarks on boards.ie doesnt amount to victimisation.

can you expand on that and include facts and perhaps an anecdote from your own life?

• Advertisement

Who said I was trying to stop you?

Advertisement