Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Lost Lane on Saturday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    That's a pretty big statement. How many black teenagers have you sat down & asked about this?

I'm stating that I don't know one way or the other but I'm also suggesting that you are making assumptions about something you actually know little about. You do realise that there are racial attacks in Ireland?

Check my thread here. https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057993623/6/#post110671426

Group think seems to be that unless something has personally happened to you, all trouble is made up and doesn't really exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mr Karadzic

That's a pretty big statement. How many black teenagers have you sat down & asked about this?

I'm stating that I don't know one way or the other but I'm also suggesting that you are making assumptions about something you actually know little about. You do realise that there are racial attacks in Ireland?

I am aware that there have been racist attacks, they are extremely rare, prime time discussed this a few months back there have been 5 reported racist attacks since 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

I am aware that there have been racist attacks, they are extremely rare, prime time discussed this a few months back there have been 5 reported racist attacks since 2012.

The way some poster are crying you would think that number is x100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

They are not victimised in any way here but unfortunately they seem to be adopting this victim mentality that seems so prevalent among the black race. /quote]

First of all are you listening to yourself?
    Second of all there’s countless threads ranting about immigrants daiky and some openly racists comments in this very thread.

Not victimised in any way?

Are you really sure about that?

Are you a victim if people complain about you breaking the law??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What percentage of the sexual attacks do you think are reported?

Why would you expect that racially motivated attacks have a higher percentage of reporting. There is a shame associated with both types of attacks

• Advertisement

What percentage of the sexual attacks do you think are reported?

Why would you expect that racially motivated attacks have a higher percentage of reporting. There is a shame associated with both types of attacks

How about you give the stats to make your point, ill beat there alot more sexual attacks reported x100 than the frenzy of racist attacks you would let people believe happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    travellers make up 1% and yet make up to 30% of prison population.

Do you have a source for this? I'm genuinely curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

The thread is about a black gang, nobody is singling anybody out. We are all aware that white Irish can be just as bad. I'm sure there have been plenty of threads on here about it.

Has there been any actual proof of the race of the people involved beyond the op's suggestion?

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    How about you give the stats to make your point, ill beat there alot more sexual attacks reported x100 than the frenzy of racist attacks you would let people believe happens.

There's all kinds of issues with the reporting of hate crimes.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/improved-recording-shows-hate-crime-rise-469976.html

Do you have a source for this? I'm genuinely curious.

This is the most recent I could find.

While there are no official statistics on the number of Travellers in prison it is recognised that Travellers are significantly over-represented within the prison system - although Travellers only account for 0.6% of the overall population in the Republic of Ireland it is estimated that they account for 22% of the female prison population and 15% of the male prison population (source: Irish Prison Service). The disproportionate representation of Travellers in the penal system is not a situation that is unique to Ireland; the same trend can be found in other countries with an indigenous minority ethnic population.

https://www.ssgt.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/TPI-Ethnic-Identifiers-in-Irish-Prisons-Book.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

MrFresh wrote: »

Thanks. I didn't ask you though, I asked the person who posted the statistic as I correctly assumed that he'd pulled the figure out of his anus.

It's only castlerea prison that is over 50% travellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

Thanks. I didn't ask you though, I asked the person who posted the statistic as I correctly assumed that he'd pulled the figure out of his anus.

You correctly assumed he pulled the figure out of his anus?
    Maths is not your strong point so, travellers are thirty times more likely to be in clink.
    Their cousins the roma will be well represented in years to come as well. A wonderful asset to our country!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

It's only castlerea prison that is over 50% travellers.

Only one prison , they should be 1% of prison population, them being over 50% of one prison is enough to tell you that we have an epidemic of criminality from them

Tasfasdf wrote:

Jasus. Where to start. Two of my siblings are adopted black. They have suffered racial attacks on & off for the last almost 60 years. I have fought off their attackers from time to time. I have six black adopted neices under the age of 17. All have suffered racial abuse of some kind. I have half caste nephews and neices and again all have suffered abuse of some kind over the last 30 odd years. All of my family live and have always lived in a working to middle class area. Not a single case of racial abuse has been reported from my family in 60 years. We consider it part of Dublin life. Mostly good and sometimes bad.

I couldn't begin to imagine how many cases of racial abuse accrues daily in Dublin in genuine tough working class areas. I honestly can't give you any idea of how many. I would suggest that you take whatever number you suppose it is & multiply it by a thousand or 10 thousand.

There isn't a single day goes by for the average black person in Dublin without them being racially profiled, judged and convicted. Anyone thinking otherwise is living on a different planet.

I've given more than enough information on this thread to identify myself and my family locally. I'd rather that wasn't the case but it's the only way I can give you some tiny idea of what it's like to be a black person in Ireland

Jasus. Where to start. Two of my siblings are adopted black. They have suffered racial attacks on & off for the last almost 60 years. I have fought off their attackers from time to time. I have six black adopted neices under the age of 17. All have suffered racial abuse of some kind. I have half caste nephews and neices and again all have suffered abuse of some kind over the last 30 odd years. All of my family live and have always lived in a working to middle class area. Not a single case of racial abuse has been reported from my family in 60 years. We consider it part of Dublin life. Mostly good and sometimes bad.

I couldn't begin to imagine how many cases of racial abuse accrues daily in Dublin in genuine tough working class areas. I honestly can't give you any idea of how many. I would suggest that you take whatever number you suppose it is & multiply it by a thousand or 10 thousand.

There isn't a single day goes by for the average black person in Dublin without them being racially profiled, judged and convicted. Anyone thinking otherwise is living on a different planet.

I've given more than enough information on this thread to identify myself and my family locally. I'd rather that wasn't the case but it's the only way I can give you some tiny idea of what it's like to be a black person in Ireland

Most tough working class areas as you call them, you could walk around all day and not see a single black person so I call bull **** on that. Also I'd expect you to know that correct term is mixed race, not half caste as that word is insulting to mixed race people.

Most tough working class areas as you call them, you could walk around all day and not see a single black person so I call bull **** on that. Also I'd expect you to know that correct term is mixed race, not half caste as that word is insulting to mixed race people.

You haven't a clue. I explained this on another thread in the last few days. My mother adopted two black babies (separately) in the 60s. When she was a child they were negros. When she adopted they were coloured & at the same time black was an insult. She's now late 80s and calls her own children and grandchildren coloured. Not in a million years could she call them black. She also calls them half caste. This isn't an insult to them nor do they see it as an insult. Do you really think that's the worst thing they are called by people who aren't family?

I've read your posts on this & previous threads. I genuinely find it hard to believe that you are offended on behalf of my family because I use the term half caste

You haven't a clue. I explained this on another thread in the last few days. My mother adopted two black babies (separately) in the 60s. When she was a child they were negros. When she adopted they were coloured & at the same time black was an insult. She's now late 80s and calls her own children and grandchildren coloured. Not in a million years could she call them black. She also calls them half caste. This isn't an insult to them nor do they see it as an insult. Do you really think that's the worst thing they are called by people who aren't family?

I've read your posts on this & previous threads. I genuinely find it hard to believe that you are offended on behalf of my family because I use the term half caste

Do not believe you at all especially during them times.

I'm tagging this again. What part of the country do you live in? Aaron Islands? In the 1800s? Every working class part of Dublin has hundreds or thousands of black people. Every middle class part of Dublin has black people.

Ireland has had small but steady immigration from Nigeria since the 1800s. Despite what many posters believe, black people in Dublin is not a new thing

I'm tagging this again. What part of the country do you live in? Aaron Islands? In the 1800s? Every working class part of Dublin has hundreds or thousands of black people. Every middle class part of Dublin has black people.

Ireland has had small but steady immigration from Nigeria since the 1800s. Despite what many posters believe, black people in Dublin is not a new thing

Pure waffle. 60,000 people we are talking about here. Balbriggan Blanchardstowm Adamstown I wonder how many live in those 3 areas alone..

Tasfasdf wrote:
    Do not believe you at all especially during them times.

Ah here. Your posts belong to an idiot. You accuse me of lying because you don't like the truth. Go back over my posts since I joined in 2012. My story has never changed. Not once. It's well documented here on board that I come from a mixed family. Is the truth that hard to hear that you call me a lyer about my own family? The truth doesn't suit you so I have made it up?

Crawl back under your rock

Ah here. Your posts belong to an idiot. You accuse me of lying because you don't like the truth. Go back over my posts since I joined in 2012. My story has never changed. Not once. It's well documented here on board that I come from a mixed family. Is the truth that hard to hear that you call me a lyer about my own family? The truth doesn't suit you so I have made it up?

Crawl back under your rock

Oh the irony.

• Advertisement

Most tough working class areas as you call them, you could walk around all day and not see a single black person

What? That's such a weird claim.

MrFresh wrote: »
    What? That's such a weird claim.

Its not at all. I've never known of a black family to live in my estate. What's so hard to understand?

Pure waffle. 60,000 people we are talking about here. Balbriggan Blanchardstowm Adamstown. I wonder how many live in those 3 areas alone..

Do the maths. How many towns in Dublin? How many black people in each town? Hundreds in each one including middle class areas. Thousands of black people in some working class towns.

I think you will find more than 60,000 black people in Ireland. The figures you googled are the numbers of people who state that they are African /Irish. Not a single one of my family fall under this. All are 100 percent Irish citizens. None of the Africans who have moved to Ireland between 1800 & 1900 fall into your 60,000 nor do their descendents. You do realise that Phil lynnott wouldn't fall into your 60,000 if he was alive today. His daughters don't fall into your figures. There are probably way over 100,000 black people in Ireland.

Its not at all. I've never known of a black family to live in my estate. What's so hard to understand?

I'm sorry but I live in Ireland. You can't drive more than a few hundred yards in Dublin without seeing a black person. In any area. Are you sure you don't live on the aran island?

Tasfasdf wrote:
    Oh the irony.

Do the work. Go back over my posts over the last 7 years or so. I will accept your apology when you see that you are wrong

I'm sorry but I live in Ireland. You can't drive more than a few hundred yards in Dublin without seeing a black person. In any area. Are you sure you don't live on the aran island?

Yeah well I drive for a living and I beg to differ.

There are still plenty of areas that would deemed unsafe for black people to live.

Funny you should mention that but whilst I am a plumber I spend more time driving around Dublin then actually working. I put up 60 to 80 miles in Dublin everyday and you can beg all you want but you are wrong. I doubt there is a school in Dublin without several black kids. Even the snobby schools have black kids. I can move more than a 100 yards without seeing black people. I say this politely but you come across as foolish to people reading this who also see not only black people but lots of different colours /races driving anywhere in Dublin.

Total percentage of none Irish living in Dublin is 20 percent. One in five people in Dublin are not Irish. I'll say that again, one out of every five people in Dublin are NOT Irish. Not all are black obviously but you can't go far without seeing a black person in Dublin. This is a fact I'm afraid

What's hard to believe is that there's loads of posts in loads of threads telling us how Africans and there children are economic migrants and come here for a social welfare yet here you are now saying they can't be seen around rough areas, which tend to be mainly council housing and affordable housing. Just seems a bit of a contradiction. It's also completely the opposite of my own experience. I can't think of a place in Dublin I haven't seen a black person. They seem to be quite well integrated in communities.

There are still plenty of areas that would deemed unsafe for black people to live.

Like where?

MrFresh wrote:
    Like where?

His back garden?

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote:
    Total percentage of none Irish living in Dublin is 20 percent. One in five people in Dublin are not Irish. I'll say that again, one out of every five people in Dublin are NOT Irish. Not all are black obviously but you can't go far without seeing a black person in Dublin. This is a fact I'm afraid

Mr Karadzic just so you can sleep better, you should know that none of my family fall under this 20 percent. None of my family are "non Irish". Despite their skin colour, each & every one are 100 percent Irish citizens.

You also state that there are still plenty of parts of Ireland where it isn't safe for blacks to roam. Maybe other posters who doubt that racial attacks happen frequently in Ireland might take note that Mr Karadzic not only agrees with me but helps prove what I say to be true. :)

Ah bless

Advertisement